+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Aperture said:
Question about COPR:

We just reviewed my partner's COPR document and it says his country of birth is England. In reality, his country of birth is Scotland.

All of the other details are correct--for example, it says that he is a British citizen and that the country issuing his travel document is the United Kingdom--so does this need to be changed?

(I'm wondering if/hoping that this is just one of those annoying circumstances wherein a computer believes that all the constituent countries of the UK are, in fact, England.)
I find this post extremelly funny! Please let me know how it goes!! LOL I am also Scottish and I can relate!!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Schintz said:
AAAHHHHHHH!!!! WE JUST GOT OUT COPR!!! No PPR or anything.. just a COPR delivered by recorded mail to our address in London.. *cough*.. just realised I'm telling a forum before telling my husband..
LOL! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. I have a knot in my stomach all the time just wanting to get everything sorted.

Aperture

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Passport Req..
None! Direct to COPR.
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2012
LANDED..........
06-02-2012
trickydicky16 said:
I find this post extremelly funny! Please let me know how it goes!! LOL I am also Scottish and I can relate!!
My partner didn't care one way or another from a nationalistic perspective, but we were worried that we'd have to send the COPR back for a correction.

Fortunately, we spoke to someone at CIC and e-mailed London to ask them, and both said it was fine--just to point it out when we land so they can correct it on the spot. Phew!

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Aperture said:
Fortunately, we spoke to someone at CIC and e-mailed London to ask them, and both said it was fine--just to point it out when we land so they can correct it on the spot. Phew!
Thanks, i'll know if it happens to us too.

when we first applied we got our email saying my partener had been successful as the sponsor and it gave his address as Northern Ireland instead of Scotland....not sure how they got that from the application!! They changed it after a quick email though!!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trickydicky16 said:
Thanks, i'll know if it happens to us too.

when we first applied we got our email saying my partener had been successful as the sponsor and it gave his address as Northern Ireland instead of Scotland....not sure how they got that from the application!! They changed it after a quick email though!!
That is easy to answer - STUPIDITY :)

KristinB

Aug 20, 2010
pinklady said:
Hey everyone, I have made some changes to the spreadsheet. The different years are now seperated into different tabs. So don't panic if you take a look and think all the info has vanished!
I thought it made sense.

Waiting for some more updates!! :)
Hi PinkLady,

Excellend work you are doing with the updates. I love it! Can you please add mine to the spreadsheet.

Application sent Jan 5
Signed for Jan 10

And waiting....

Thanks again!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
KristinB said:
Hi PinkLady,

Excellend work you are doing with the updates. I love it! Can you please add mine to the spreadsheet.

Application sent Jan 5
Signed for Jan 10

And waiting....

Thanks again!
I have added you.

Welcome to the forum! :)

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
pinklady said:
I have added you.

Welcome to the forum! :)
Hi Pink Lady and All :)

Finallllyyyyyy some fab news for me. Recieved sponsorship approval today :) Everythings been sent to London. Im in work and saw the email in my account. We're not supposed to go on our emails but I couldnt wait so im waiting for my telling off tomorrow..i sat and twitched for half an hour but gave in and had to look! :) yayyy!!!! Alsoooo telling you before my hubby!! HAhahaa! :p YAY YAY YAY!!!!

xxxxxxxxx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Congratulations!!!!

Oct 21, 2011
Hi all! My husband received a registered letter at his address in England today and we won't be able to have someone pick it up for him until the weekend (since he is currently visiting me in Canada!) and we're just dying to know what it says! I'm pretty sure it's a letter from cic because I checked ecas and it said decision made but he didn't receive an email. Does anyone have any guesses as to whether it's good news or bad news?? When I received sponsor approval, I only received an email and not a hard copy letter. We're sitting on pins and needles!!

kbaqua

Jan 16, 2012
May just be being stupid here but could someone clear this up for me please.

If I am living in Canada with my husband on 'temp worker' status do I still have the option of applying outland? I'm confused because I thought I did, but the website is saying if I'm residing in Canada then it has to go to Vegreville. I thought Vegreville applications were all inland and Mississauga handled outland.

Both forms on the website say they go to national visa office eventually, which would be London, but I obviously want the process to be as short as possible.

Sorry for such a lame question but I'm tired and grumpy and just want to know the answer!

Thanks in advance ::)

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kbaqua said:
May just be being stupid here but could someone clear this up for me please.

If I am living in Canada with my husband on 'temp worker' status do I still have the option of applying outland? I'm confused because I thought I did, but the website is saying if I'm residing in Canada then it has to go to Vegreville. I thought Vegreville applications were all inland and Mississauga handled outland.

Both forms on the website say they go to national visa office eventually, which would be London, but I obviously want the process to be as short as possible.

Sorry for such a lame question but I'm tired and grumpy and just want to know the answer!

Thanks in advance ::)
there is absolutely no problem, you can apply outland while you are in Canada and if you apply inland your application will not be transferred to London since its inland, your application will only be trasferred to London if its an outland application!

kbaqua

Jan 16, 2012
Thanks for the quick response!

So I send my forms to Ontario then? And in the current residence section of the form I can put Canada?

lillia123

Star Member
Dec 2, 2011
birmingham
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-11
AOR Received.
8-11-11
hi pinklady hope you can help me with this one.....
my question is when we Submitting our application we included our original birth citificates (mine and my sons), marriage cetificates, so is there anyway after we get our visa that i can get them back?
thank you.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Woo-hoo, yee-hah! I got an email from the ecas tracker to say my file had been updated. It says DECISION MADE! So I now no longer feel like I'm left out in the cold. Please update the spreadsheet Pinklady - oooh it feels good to finally say that!

We received VICTORFOXTROT'S application for permanent residence on August 30, 2011.
We started processing VICTORFOXTROT's application on January 17, 2012.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on VICTOR FOXTROT's application. The office will contact VICTORFOXTROT concerning this decision.

So now I guess I have to watch out for the post instead?