+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

mrin-99

May 27, 2014
Hi All! I'm a Brit just starting out on the process of being sponsored by my wife (dual brit/canadian) for PR in Canada. Hoping to move Spring next year if all goes smoothly...

Just going through the checklist, think I've got my head around all the necessaries but on the checklist (IMMI-5491) it talks about the sponsor providing proof of income (below talk of the Canada specific 'Option-C' which i assume doesn't apply) . As we both live in the UK is this information relevant/necessary as we'll both be giving up our jobs to move? I guess it's not a massive deal, but i'd rather not have to ask my imployer for these details at this stage...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mrin-99 said:
Hi All! I'm a Brit just starting out on the process of being sponsored by my wife (dual brit/canadian) for PR in Canada. Hoping to move Spring next year if all goes smoothly...

Just going through the checklist, think I've got my head around all the necessaries but on the checklist (IMMI-5491) it talks about the sponsor providing proof of income (below talk of the Canada specific 'Option-C' which i assume doesn't apply) . As we both live in the UK is this information relevant/necessary as we'll both be giving up our jobs to move? I guess it's not a massive deal, but i'd rather not have to ask my imployer for these details at this stage...
Option-C doesn't apply if your sponsor is not a tax-resident of Canada. We were in the same situation as you. She will have to provide the required letter of employment, but she doesn't have to tell her employer what it's for. We also submitted COPIES of her payslips and her P60/P161 (as appropriate) for the last tax-year up to the date of application. Basically, this demonstrates that the sponsor is not on welfare and is employable.

In IMM5491, Item 18 is mandatory, and the first part of that is related specifically to employment. Item 19 is NOT required for a spousal sponsorship normally as there is no minimum income requirement in most cases. However, extra proof of income is always a bonus. I say, give them more than they ask for if possible.

One thing to be aware of for London applications... If you fill in the IMM5669 for only the last 10 years; regardless of what the documentation states, they will probably ask for all the way back to 18 anyway. Bear this in mind, as providing the full history may avoid you getting delayed through a documentation request. This has happened to many of us and it delayed our application by about a month.

mrin-99

May 27, 2014
Thanks so much Zardoz, guess we're applying for a mortgage then ;)

Just out of interest, as you were in the same situation, from your sig I see you got your visa within 6 months. Looking at the timings in london at the moment it quotes 11 months, do you think those timings are realistic? I'm finding the hardest thing about this whole process is lining everything up so you a) have the right paperwork in time to b) apply for jobs to c) mean I'm not stuck living with the in-laws forever!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mrin-99 said:
Thanks so much Zardoz, guess we're applying for a mortgage then ;)

Just out of interest, as you were in the same situation, from your sig I see you got your visa within 6 months. Looking at the timings in london at the moment it quotes 11 months, do you think those timings are realistic? I'm finding the hardest thing about this whole process is lining everything up so you a) have the right paperwork in time to b) apply for jobs to c) mean I'm not stuck living with the in-laws forever!
A lot has changed since last year. It's got slower, for a start. This is partially due to London taking some of the load from Islamabad. London is also known to, how can I put this, "F-up" quite a bit. So double/triple check everything they ask/send you. When the COPR is issued, check it with a fine-toothed comb. We had to send mine back for correction, wasting another month.

As far as timing is concerned, every case is different, but some will obviously be more "difficult" than others. If you are squeaky-clean, long relationship, very limited foreign travel, etc, assume about 6-7 months I think.

One last thing... Where are you getting your upfront-medical done? if it's in the "south", look at my early posts.

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
A quick question regarding the "your travel" part of the application,

I have done a fair bit of traveling since the application went in, should i send office in London an updated for to keep myself right or just leave it at this stage of the process?

thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jkgtr said:
A quick question regarding the "your travel" part of the application,

I have done a fair bit of traveling since the application went in, should i send office in London an updated for to keep myself right or just leave it at this stage of the process?

thanks
There is no requirement to notify them of this. On the other hand, if they request updated information, you will have to include it, up to the date that you submit the update to them.

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Becki567 said:
Medical results received is no indication of where you are in the timeline. Ours for example was there about a week after Sponsor Approval but another 6 months until Decision Made.

If you look at the spreadsheet you will see this information is not tracked. Also, it is NOT an indicator that you have passed the medical results. (although as a spouse you cannot be denied due to medical reasons)
Of course you can be denied due to medical reasons, if they discover you have tuberculosis they will without doubt deny you, the reason in the first place why we are required to have a chest x-ray. Why would they even make you do a medical exam if they weren't able to deny you on medical grounds?

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
zardoz said:
A lot has changed since last year. It's got slower, for a start. This is partially due to London taking some of the load from Islamabad. London is also known to, how can I put this, "F-up" quite a bit. So double/triple check everything they ask/send you. When the COPR is issued, check it with a fine-toothed comb. We had to send mine back for correction, wasting another month.

As far as timing is concerned, every case is different, but some will obviously be more "difficult" than others. If you are squeaky-clean, long relationship, very limited foreign travel, etc, assume about 6-7 months I think.

One last thing... Where are you getting your upfront-medical done? if it's in the "south", look at my early posts.
Is this an objective fact or your anecdotal opinion?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MrPineappleHead said:
Of course you can be denied due to medical reasons, if they discover you have tuberculosis they will without doubt deny you, the reason in the first place why we are required to have a chest x-ray. Why would they even make you do a medical exam if they weren't able to deny you on medical grounds?
Generally, for spousal sponsorship, if a person is diagnosed with a communicable disease that is a risk to public health, such as active TB, the app is not outright denied; it's put on hold while the applicant undergoes treatment, a Medical Delay. Once the treatment is complete and the condition is no longer a risk to public health, the app continues processing.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MrPineappleHead said:
Is this an objective fact or your anecdotal opinion?
Which bit?

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
zardoz said:
Which bit?
About the whole process slowing down at the London VO due to them taking work from the Islamabad VO. Sounds pretty concerning, I was really hoping to get this whole process done and dusted this summer, I've had to take indefinite leave from my job (who are kindly holding on to the position for me). The thought that this whole process could take 11 months fills me with dread.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi
Can I ask, if any of you have been asked to send a scan copy of your passport's bio data. Whats the purpose?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MrPineappleHead said:
About the whole process slowing down at the London VO due to them taking work from the Islamabad VO. Sounds pretty concerning, I was really hoping to get this whole process done and dusted this summer, I've had to take indefinite leave from my job (who are kindly holding on to the position for me). The thought that this whole process could take 11 months fills me with dread.
Well, the figures published by CIC for the processing time for London have certainly increased from when I went through the process a year ago. it was, (If I remember correctly), 9 months and now it's up to 11 months. Logic suggests, that all other things being equal, the new intake of application of work from Islamabad, is possibly the cause.

There was the PAFSO strike action but that was relatively short lived for London. We will really not have the final figures until probably next year, when the datasets from http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset?_organization_limit=0&organization=cic are published.

If you wish to look at the historical figures for the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp page, go to http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
MrPineappleHead said:
They will not deny you. You will require treatment before your application can continue. I believe it is about 6 months of meds and then you have to be re-assessed. As I said, you can not be denied due to a medical reason for a spousal sponsorship. They can require treatment before finishing the application process which is not a denial of the application.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Generally, for spousal sponsorship, if a person is diagnosed with a communicable disease that is a risk to public health, such as active TB, the app is not outright denied; it's put on hold while the applicant undergoes treatment, a Medical Delay. Once the treatment is complete and the condition is no longer a risk to public health, the app continues processing.
Oh thanks Canuck, I should have scrolled down further to see if someone else corrected him.
:D