+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

mrslc_wright

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
apt2208 said:
CONGRATS!!

I think its about two weeks. When did you apply?

We originally applied in October 2011 but were declined because of a drink driving conviction. Then we appealed and had an ADR hearing in June 2013. We won the hearing and had to supply updated documents in October 2013.

Feels like its been going on forever.... because we had bad news before its hard to get our hopes up. Hopefully we get the letter soon.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ecas this morning shows decision made. No COPR yet, but I shall be hovering at the door waiting for the postman each morning! I might as well confess that 4 days ago I followed apt2208's advice (14th March) and inquired by case specific inquiry in the nicest possible way whether the VO was intending to extend the validity of my medical, the anniversary of which was looming. DM 4 days later with a weekend intervening may be a coincidence but it is certainly a miracle. Would someone please alter the details on the spreadsheet: I feel conspicuous with my entry all in white in a sea of green! ;D

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
mrslc_wright said:

We originally applied in October 2011 but were declined because of a drink driving conviction. Then we appealed and had an ADR hearing in June 2013. We won the hearing and had to supply updated documents in October 2013.

Feels like its been going on forever.... because we had bad news before its hard to get our hopes up. Hopefully we get the letter soon.
The long wait is almost over!

Have you checked your emails, they may have emailed you the decision too. All the best!

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
wowsers said:
Ecas this morning shows decision made. No COPR yet, but I shall be hovering at the door waiting for the postman each morning! I might as well confess that 4 days ago I followed apt2208's advice (14th March) and inquired by case specific inquiry in the nicest possible way whether the VO was intending to extend the validity of my medical, the anniversary of which was looming. DM 4 days later with a weekend intervening may be a coincidence but it is certainly a miracle. Would someone please alter the details on the spreadsheet: I feel conspicuous with my entry all in white in a sea of green! ;D
Very happy for you Wowsers! It seems that a case specific inquiry does sometimes kick start the process. I am glad it worked for you.

Congrats!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
wowsers said:
Of course, at the moment, you don't know if you will have a comfortable year in which to calmly plan your "landing" or if you are going to have to run "hell for leather" for the Airport.

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
zardoz said:
Of course, at the moment, you don't know if you will have a comfortable year in which to calmly plan your "landing" or if you are going to have to run "hell for leather" for the Airport.
Does that mean you have to land within 1 year from your medical? Have I interpretted that correctly?

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
OMG having tears of joy! Having some movement on our application. I emailed them a case specific enquiry on March 18 and when I looked at our status this morning it had changed to in process on March 18!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I really do think my email kick started them into working on it as on April 10 it would be 10 months in process. So so happy but will be extatic when we know for sure he's been accepted and has his papers. How long for most people has it taken after it's changed to in process so close to 10 months. Am I right to think it should only take about a week before decision made than papers sent out take about another 1-2 weeks? Is that about the general timeline?

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
B1007 said:
OMG having tears of joy! Having some movement on our application. I emailed them a case specific enquiry on March 18 and when I looked at our status this morning it had changed to in process on March 18!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I really do think my email kick started them into working on it as on April 10 it would be 10 months in process. So so happy but will be extatic when we know for sure he's been accepted and has his papers. How long for most people has it taken after it's changed to in process so close to 10 months. Am I right to think it should only take about a week before decision made than papers sent out take about another 1-2 weeks? Is that about the general timeline?
:) great news! very happy for you and all the others who have posted updates on their application today. Lets hope mines isn't too far behind.

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
B1007 said:
yes I believe that's the normal timeline for most cases

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
Thank you Zardoz for the kind thought! True enough; and the decision might turn out to be a rejection, which would sort out a lot of problems. :eek:

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
apt2208 said:
Does that mean you have to land within 1 year from your medical? Have I interpretted that correctly?
Yes, save that the expiry date of the medical is, I have recently learned, not the anniversary date of the medical but the date several weeks later which the VO designates as the expiry date. In my case for example the date of the medical was 18 April 13 but the validity date is 10th May 2014. Why? Dunno. Odd!

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
wowsers said:
Yes, save that the expiry date of the medical is, I have recently learned, not the anniversary date of the medical but the date several weeks later which the VO designates as the expiry date. In my case for example the date of the medical was 18 April 13 but the validity date is 10th May 2014. Why? Dunno. Odd!
Thank you Wowsers, I didn't realise this was the case.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
wowsers said:
For our application, the COPR's expiry date was exactly 12 months after the medical was done, so I think it is very case specific/ dependant on timing left on the current medical when the document is issued.

Also, congrats wowsers, fantastic news!!

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
bmore321 said:
Mine is around the same time.. very slow process..
Great thanks for letting me know..It will be interesting to see how our applications go along together then :)!

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
ghunter said:
For our application, the COPR's expiry date was exactly 12 months after the medical was done, so I think it is very case specific/ dependant on timing left on the current medical when the document is issued.

Also, congrats wowsers, fantastic news!!
Thank you ghunter