+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
SwedentoQuebec said:
ok thanks that clear things up for me. I have another question actually im not so informed of how it works once you get your DM, ive been reading post about people having to send in their passports and stuff. im applying from Sweden but im in Canada on a visitors visa now, will i have to send my passport from Canada to London at one point? is it safe? and will they send it back to me in Canada or the address ive given in Sweden since im applying from there? is it easier if i fly back when i get my DM?
I'm sure Sweden can answer more correctly for Swedish applicants but I know if you are a UK applicant already in Canada you don't need to send in your passport - they mail the COPR to you in Canada. Then you just need to exit Canada and re-enter or 'land' and you're good to go!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
michty6 said:
I'm sure Sweden can answer more correctly for Swedish applicants but I know if you are a UK applicant already in Canada you don't need to send in your passport - they mail the COPR to you in Canada. Then you just need to exit Canada and re-enter or 'land' and you're good to go!
ok but how do they know im here since im applying from outside of Canada supplely but im here on a tourist visa...

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Hey guys, quick question - when do medicals expire?

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
rebecassss said:
12 months after the date you first had them done :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
SwedentoQuebec said:
ok but how do they know im here since im applying from outside of Canada supplely but im here on a tourist visa...
Depends on the address of your application I'd guess. If that address is Sweden then you probably will have to send in your passport...

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Fun news today. So I tried to open a RRSP as there is a chance I may have to pay additional taxes when I file my return in April - RRSP contributions are a good way to defer your tax until later when your rate is likely to be lower.

Turns out you can't do this with a temporary SIN number (i.e. on an IEC visa). So there goes that $300+ to the tax man. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay thanks CIC. :-X

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
michty6 said:
Depends on the address of your application I'd guess. If that address is Sweden then you probably will have to send in your passport...
ok yes my address on my application is swedish, so my question is will they then send my passport back to my swedish address? how am i suppose to travel out of the country (Canada) without my passport? how have people applying from outside of canada but waiting in canada for their answer done before? or should i start planing my trip back in case i get my DM?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
SwedentoQuebec said:
ok yes my address on my application is swedish, so my question is will they then send my passport back to my swedish address? how am i suppose to travel out of the country (Canada) without my passport? how have people applying from outside of canada but waiting in canada for their answer done before? or should i start planing my trip back in case i get my DM?
Hey,

You're visa-exempt, so you don't have to send your passport in. Once they are ready to issue the COPR, they will issue it ( and normally ecas turns into Decision made, that's how you know that you are done!) based on the passport copy that you already included in your application. They will send it to the mailing address that you have indicated. If you are in Canada now and you want to have the COPR in Canada (which would make the most sense), then you can update your mailing address. When you log into ecas, you can see the mailing address. Just click on "update mailing address", it will take you to a page to send a case-specific enquiry to London. Explain that you are waiting your PR out in Canada, and would like to update your mailing address. Give the Canadian address (it's completely legal to wait in Canada, no worries, that's what I did too - started when I was in Sweden and updated my address to a Canadian one when I moved here on a tourist visa), so when the COPR is ready, you will get it by post in Canada. Then you exit Canada ( nearest US border), and re-enter to land as a PR. No need to fly to Sweden, send your passport or anything like this.
Sweden

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Sweden said:
Hey,

You're visa-exempt, so you don't have to send your passport in. Once they are ready to issue the COPR, they will issue it ( and normally ecas turns into Decision made, that's how you know that you are done!) based on the passport copy that you already included in your application. They will send it to the mailing address that you have indicated. If you are in Canada now and you want to have the COPR in Canada (which would make the most sense), then you can update your mailing address. When you log into ecas, you can see the mailing address. Just click on "update mailing address", it will take you to a page to send a case-specific enquiry to London. Explain that you are waiting your PR out in Canada, and would like to update your mailing address. Give the Canadian address (it's completely legal to wait in Canada, no worries, that's what I did too - started when I was in Sweden and updated my address to a Canadian one when I moved here on a tourist visa), so when the COPR is ready, you will get it by post in Canada. Then you exit Canada ( nearest US border), and re-enter to land as a PR. No need to fly to Sweden, send your passport or anything like this.
Sweden
oh my God, thank you so mcuh for that relieving answer Sweden, last question before i stop being so paranoid haha does this change of address slow my process down in London in any way? if not ill do the change as soon as possible :D

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
rebecassss said:
1 year from the date they were performed!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SwedentoQuebec said:
oh my God, thank you so mcuh for that relieving answer Sweden, last question before i stop being so paranoid haha does this change of address slow my process down in London in any way? if not ill do the change as soon as possible :D
no it doesn't. I changed mine, and got done in London in 4 months, so I don't think it slowed down anything! once you're done, you'll get a mail from London saying that they won't acknowledge the change of address ( which I find funny - they send an email to tell you that they won't send you an answer...), and after a few days/weeks, you will see the change of address on ecas - as always with Ecas it takes a while to update, but eventually it will be there.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Sweden said:
no it doesn't. I changed mine, and got done in London in 4 months, so I don't think it slowed down anything! once you're done, you'll get a mail from London saying that they won't acknowledge the change of address ( which I find funny - they send an email to tell you that they won't send you an answer...), and after a few days/weeks, you will see the change of address on ecas - as always with Ecas it takes a while to update, but eventually it will be there.
thanks again, ill do the change today then, so back to the spreadsheet,what does the different colors on the app. received in Mississauga column mean?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SwedentoQuebec said:
thanks again, ill do the change today then, so back to the spreadsheet,what does the different colors on the app. received in Mississauga column mean?
It's per month... as CIC is not consistent in the way they process application for first stage, some people had to wait 7 days, and some ... way more. So applicants are a bit mixed... on the spreadsheet, applicants are in order of sponsorship approval, but if you see the different colors on "app received", you can see that the first stage approval times vary greatly...
One of the ideas was to try and see if people were processed by sponsored date, or by received date.
Answer is: we don't know, and we probably never will, as there are so many factors for why some applications go fast, and others don't.

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Sweden said:
It's per month... as CIC is not consistent in the way they process application for first stage, some people had to wait 7 days, and some ... way more. So applicants are a bit mixed... on the spreadsheet, applicants are in order of sponsorship approval, but if you see the different colors on "app received", you can see that the first stage approval times vary greatly...
One of the ideas was to try and see if people were processed by sponsored date, or by received date.
Answer is: we don't know, and we probably never will, as there are so many factors for why some applications go fast, and others don't.
ahhhh i see, great work with the spreadsheet though it brings (some) peace to my mind and i hope ill be the exception to the rule and get mine sooner rather than later ;)

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13