+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Alltogethernow

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Done....
24-07-2011
Hi There

I'm no expert but I beleive the medicals are valid for 12 months so you have to land before the 12 months is up. So I believe that if the medicals run out before PR is granted, they would have to be repeated. As I said, i'm no expert but I think that's what happens.

In any case, most cases are processed within 7 months so the medicals should still be good. PinkLady will be able to confirm :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
apcmwh said:
Apologies for what is possibly a stupid questions. How do you update your profile to include an icon with the country flag and key dates of the application like:
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......:
Med's Done....:
Go to profile in the blue bar at the top of the page, once in profile on the left hand side you will see a list of options , choose forum Profile Information, then on this page you can change all the info as you need to. :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Alltogethernow said:
Do you think we might dare to hope that the next stage will be a request for his passport details? I can't remember the next stage and now I'm all of a dither!

Thanks and again, welcome back, we missed you!

ATN
Hey!
Thanks for the welcome. It certainly sounds like they might be getting ready to ask for passport details. They are obviously done with the processing, or at least with determining the relationship is genuine. Fingers crossed you will hear something really soon!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
awilliams123 said:
Hi everyone, and welcome back pinklady!
I have a question regarding the medicals. I keep reading in forum posts that people are trying to land in canada before the medicals expire. How long are the medical results valid? A little worried because my husbands were done back in July but we only filed our application in November. Does this mean that if he hasn't been granted PR by next July that he will have to have them done again? What are the full implications here?
Medicals are valid for one year. It is likely that the processing will be completed by July, but your husband will have to have landed before the one year date of the medical. If he needs time to tie up loose ends in england, it totally fine to land and then return to england right away. Then he can return at a later date.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! :)

Y

yameen

Ok i got my caips notes.tried to decode but from what i understood they have done criminal check passed medical passed and eligibility passed.so i guess security check is pending and final check or whatever.( to think 6 months 2 weeks wud have been enough time to do it).anyways the note says the officers comments.i have been divorced so he was not sure abt the authenticity of my divorce certificate. ( though i sent the original copy obtained from queens bench alberta). It said he hasnt seen a divorce cert in this format however on top theres note "satisfied that divorc docs genuine."well duh if i wasnt actually divorced how wud my ex be remarried for the last 2 years living in different state.shesh if i was gona make a fake doc wouldnt i make it identical to the genuines.anywho
The other note said why did they in korea which vo doesnt undrrstand.what is there not to understand.korea falls on the way to my home country.either thru korea or through usa.and since my husband didnt have usa visa we went thru korea.if visiting laws were a but easier i wouldnt have to travel half way around the worlds just to see someone i love.
Anyways depressing and still waiting.on the bright side my boss gave me time off in march to visit hubby.which would be one year since i have seen him...

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yameen said:
Ok i got my caips notes.tried to decode but from what i understood they have done criminal check passed medical passed and eligibility passed.so i guess security check is pending and final check or whatever.( to think 6 months 2 weeks wud have been enough time to do it).anyways the note says the officers comments.i have been divorced so he was not sure abt the authenticity of my divorce certificate. ( though i sent the original copy obtained from queens bench alberta). It said he hasnt seen a divorce cert in this format however on top theres note "satisfied that divorc docs genuine."well duh if i wasnt actually divorced how wud my ex be remarried for the last 2 years living in different state.shesh if i was gona make a fake doc wouldnt i make it identical to the genuines.anywho
The other note said why did they in korea which vo doesnt undrrstand.what is there not to understand.korea falls on the way to my home country.either thru korea or through usa.and since my husband didnt have usa visa we went thru korea.if visiting laws were a but easier i wouldnt have to travel half way around the worlds just to see someone i love.
Anyways depressing and still waiting.on the bright side my boss gave me time off in march to visit hubby.which would be one year since i have seen him...
omg, scary stories all over the place for us :O it's been a month since I sent them the docs they asked for, brighter side is that they have replied on every occasion I emailed them, just got one today that they have updated my phone number :D

as far as I remember my security checks were initiated back in august, its a long time ago, dont know whats happening, anyways I am going to order CAIPS too!!!

good luck yameen, hope we all get it in the next week because I can smell it's close :D

Y

yameen

Yup yup yup please let it be sooon. :mad:
We sent two emails months ago and got no reply from it so not sure if i should try again.
Anyways Good luck!

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
pinklady said:
Medicals are valid for one year. It is likely that the processing will be completed by July, but your husband will have to have landed before the one year date of the medical. If he needs time to tie up loose ends in england, it totally fine to land and then return to england right away. Then he can return at a later date.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! :)
Ah, okay, thanks for the info. Well, I hope we'll be processed quicktime then. Waiting for sponsor approval at the moment, and from what I see on the spreadsheet, that should be any day now. Fingers crossed...

manunidhi21

Dec 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2011
Med's Request
17-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
working
nazam80 said:
Hi grusich.309,

First of all i think its good idea for you two to open a joint bank account of tranfer a bill on your joint name. Ask your husband to get registered as a teacher in Canada. If you are thinking to live in BC then the teaching needs to be registered with BCCT (British Columbia College of Teachers). Then he can try for jobs. I am also teacher and now a days looking for jobs and they are plenty of them specially if he has certain subjects as maths or Science.

You can apply and try to submit as many evidence as you can to prove your relationship. Its better for you to apply from UK as that will be processed quicker than the in country.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Naz
naz hi..

after completing ur bcct , did u attended some university for study or did they gave u basic certification
and u wr allowed to look for jobs in bc

one of my frnds suggested to join vcc.ca and serch jobs as adult educator as in both the cases(vcc.ca or bcct.ca) u hav to join the study and then look fior jobs

regards
manu

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
Alltogethernow - I am watching your progress in eager anticipation, since our time lines are so similar. We got first stage approval on 4th Nov, and have been waiting ever since. ECAS hasn't changed at all, still just says the date they received the application back in August. Fingers crossed that the end is nearly in sight for you.

Any other updates from people with similar timelines? Looking at the spreadsheet that would be bealily, lmran901, Jeri27, Trickydicky16, lilia123, Rcsmoore, Schintz

Oh the waiting! ::)

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
ahm2299 said:
Can you explain to me please how come your sponsor was approved on the same day your application is "in process" is there any mistake in your time lines??
This is when we got the email saying the sponsorship was approved we got our ecas code and it had the same date for my 'in process'.

Hope this clears it up.

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Victorfoxtrot said:
Alltogethernow - I am watching your progress in eager anticipation, since our time lines are so similar. We got first stage approval on 4th Nov, and have been waiting ever since. ECAS hasn't changed at all, still just says the date they received the application back in August. Fingers crossed that the end is nearly in sight for you.

Any other updates from people with similar timelines? Looking at the spreadsheet that would be bealily, lmran901, Jeri27, Trickydicky16, lilia123, Rcsmoore, Schintz

The waiting is painful!! We got an email last week from the London office requesting more documentation. They are now looking for the receipt for our Right of Permenant Residence Fee. I took this to be great news until I read the next bit. They are also looking for my police certificate from when I lived in Japan. This was sent with the application and as they seem to have received everything else it is very worrying that this document has gone missing. I have emailed them back explaining it was in the pack and what it looked like and I am so far waiting for a response as it will take me 2 months to get another certificate.

Fingers crossed that it is found and we don't have to go through the process of trying to get another one sent from Japan.

Have you had any further response from them yet?

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Victorfoxtrot said:

Our ECAS says, I am approved as a sponsor and on my husband's side that the application was received Nov. 3rd and that medicals have been received. Does that mean all his paperwork has been checked and we are on the final stage before passport request?

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
trickydicky16 said:
Have you had any further response from them yet?
Well it is good to hear that they are at least working on your application, even if it is frustrating that they have mislaid your Japanese cert. We've heard nothing at all since the first stage approval on 4 Nov which said the file would be transferred to London. On Ecas it just says 'application received' for the permanent residence part, and just lists the date that it was received in Missisauga, nothing about it being in process. I just hope they are working on it, and perhaps no news is good news!

Schintz

Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2011
AOR Received.
02-09-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-12
Victorfoxtrot said:

Hi Victorfoxtrot - we've not heard a peep since receiving our letter of sponsorship approval on 9th November! I really hope you get some good news soon, especially as our timescales are fairly similar! (ECAS reports that they received our application on 2nd Sept).