+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
BT1975 said:
December 20th I got an email from Mississauga with an attached letter confirming that my sponsorship was approved. Then I scrolled down and saw that they sent my husband's section to the Singapore office for processing instead of the London UK office! We selected in our application to have it processed in the office that deals with citizens of certain nationalities (Finnish citizens are processed in the UK) but they went ahead and sent it to Singapore anyway. The Singapore office has double the processing time. :( I'm really upset right now. Right after I got the mail I emailed the Singapore High Commission and explained that we chose London UK and that our medical results were also going to be sent to London UK. I've asked for them to please transfer our file. Haven't heard anything back from them yet.
:eek: That is crazy! The person responsible for sending it to Singapore should be fired!!! Hope they send it to London very soon. Good luck!

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
The original letter I got on the 20th of December says "This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act." But if this is the case, then why give the option on the papers to choose to have the application processed in the visa office of the country of residence, or visa office dealing with applicants by their citizenship? Either that option should simply be removed from the forms if they insist that the applications can only processed in country of residence, or perhaps the processing officer in Mississauga was simply careless and saw the Singapore address and just sent it there without checking the processing preferences carefully. I don't know. If they don't transfer the file to London UK, then we have to find out what has happened with my husband's medical docs then. We'll be in for a longer processing time in Singapore. :(

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Hi all,

Right, I'm probably going to look pretty silly here, but here goes.

I'm very confused about how much to pay, who to pay it to and how to pay. I am a Canadian citizen applying to sponsor my common-law girlfriend. The application is all ready to send off, so all we need to do is pay the fees. I've searched high and low on the internet and this forum, but I can't seem to get my head around the fees process. I've read that the application gets sent to the London office, but I've also read that it gets sent straight to Mississauga. I've read that fees can only be paid using a bank draft/cheque, but I've also ready that it can be paid online. I also can't seem to find a definitive answer to how much the fees cost.

I'm getting myself in a muddle and I just need some guidance. I tried calling the London office, but the options menu seems to be faulty and doesn't allow me to select the options they give.

Any help here would be great as I don't know what else to do.

Many thanks.

Neville.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
You can pay here:-

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

From what I remember, it's $1040

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Ok, thanks for your help Canooknic.

I saw this section of the website earlier, but I don't know if it is definitely the way I should be paying. I am applying from England, but the London office does not appear on the list of pay recipients. Is it definitely the Mississauga office that I send the payment and the application too?

Sorry, I'm sure you're right, but I just want to be 100% sure before paying out all that money.

Thanks.
Neville.

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
NevilleUK said:
Hi all,

Right, I'm probably going to look pretty silly here, but here goes.

I'm very confused about how much to pay, who to pay it to and how to pay. I am a Canadian citizen applying to sponsor my common-law girlfriend. The application is all ready to send off, so all we need to do is pay the fees. I've searched high and low on the internet and this forum, but I can't seem to get my head around the fees process. I've read that the application gets sent to the London office, but I've also read that it gets sent straight to Mississauga. I've read that fees can only be paid using a bank draft/cheque, but I've also ready that it can be paid online. I also can't seem to find a definitive answer to how much the fees cost.

I'm getting myself in a muddle and I just need some guidance. I tried calling the London office, but the options menu seems to be faulty and doesn't allow me to select the options they give.

Any help here would be great as I don't know what else to do.

Many thanks.

Neville.
Canooknic is right. Use that link to pay. I am assuming here that the application you are making is the 'outland' one, and that your girlfriend is a UK citizen - so you want her application to be processed via London. I've assumed this, since this thread is for outland apps via London. So first and foremost, send your application to Missisauga, Ontario. They will process step 1 (the assessment of you the sponsor) and providing that goes ok, they will send your girlfriends part to the London, UK office for processing. I would advise you to use a method which allows you to track the package and it;s arrival, as you will not get a note to tell you they have received it. First you will hear is that they have either approved or not approved you, which is likely to be 6-8 weeks away.

Regarding fees, do this online. The total cost is $1040 and is made up of the following components: Right of Permanent Residence (ROPR)fee $490, Family Class: Sponsorship Application (per application) $75, Principal Applicant $475. You do have the right to NOT pay the ROPR fee at this stage, however past experience from applicants on this forum and others suggests that this causes a delay, because they have to contact you to pay it. So if you are able to pay it now and get it out of the way, I would. Good luck!

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
NevilleUK said:
Ok, thanks for your help Canooknic.

I saw this section of the website earlier, but I don't know if it is definitely the way I should be paying. I am applying from England, but the London office does not appear on the list of pay recipients. Is it definitely the Mississauga office that I send the payment and the application too?

Sorry, I'm sure you're right, but I just want to be 100% sure before paying out all that money.

Thanks.
Neville.
No, the London office does not appear, but the Missisauga one does, and this is the one you should select. After the Terms & Conditions screen, click through to Immigration (not citizenship) and Missisauga is in a list of 5 options. I did exactly the same as you - my application is an outland on via London (although I am in Canada as a visitor, but that is irrelevant).

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
Victorfoxtrot said:
Canooknic is right. Use that link to pay. I am assuming here that the application you are making is the 'outland' one, and that your girlfriend is a UK citizen - so you want her application to be processed via London. I've assumed this, since this thread is for outland apps via London. So first and foremost, send your application to Missisauga, Ontario. They will process step 1 (the assessment of you the sponsor) and providing that goes ok, they will send your girlfriends part to the London, UK office for processing. I would advise you to use a method which allows you to track the package and it;s arrival, as you will not get a note to tell you they have received it. First you will hear is that they have either approved or not approved you, which is likely to be 6-8 weeks away.

Regarding fees, do this online. The total cost is $1040 and is made up of the following components: Right of Permanent Residence (ROPR)fee $490, Family Class: Sponsorship Application (per application) $75, Principal Applicant $475. You do have the right to NOT pay the ROPR fee at this stage, however past experience from applicants on this forum and others suggests that this causes a delay, because they have to contact you to pay it. So if you are able to pay it now and get it out of the way, I would. Good luck!
Thanks to everyone who has replied to my post. You've all been really helpful and informative. I really appreciate it :D

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
Could I please be added to the London Spreadsheet? Thanks

App sent = Aug 10th 2011
App Rcd = Aug 17th 2011
Sp Approved = Oct 27th 2011
In process = Oct 27th 2011
PPR =

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
trickydicky16 said:
Could I please be added to the London Spreadsheet? Thanks

App sent = Aug 10th 2011
App Rcd = Aug 17th 2011
Sp Approved = Oct 27th 2011
In process = Oct 27th 2011
PPR =

Can you explain to me please how come your sponsor was approved on the same day your application is "in process" is there any mistake in your time lines??

dishy_max

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
16-02-2011
File Transfer...
16-02-2011
Passport Req..
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
17-07-2011
Bluesteam said:
Hi Dishy_Max

this link may help you http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/what-passport/renewing-passport/steps-to-renew#documents
It states in the "Adult Form C1" http://centralcontent.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/central-content-pdfs/form-c1.pdf Type of Service required; click following boxes b & c , further down, Applicant 1a. it asks you if you have changed your name by marriage etc ..
Hope that helps

Bluesteam
Bluesteam - thanks for your help! It does make sense but I just wanted to be sure before sending everything off that I was doing it right!!

Cheers! dish

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WOOOOO :) Today we got a letter in the post saying the sponsor has been approved! woop! The decision was made on 23rd December, if you want to add it to the sheet pinklady!

Now we just have to wait on the final decision, but Im so much happier having heard something at last!

yay :) :p

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
AnnaMcG said:
WOOOOO :) Today we got a letter in the post saying the sponsor has been approved! woop! The decision was made on 23rd December, if you want to add it to the sheet pinklady!

Now we just have to wait on the final decision, but Im so much happier having heard something at last!

yay :) :p
Yay! Congratulations Anna! That's fantastic news. Knew it would be on its way to you soon :)

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Anyone know of any good dental insurance companies? I will be in BC.
Thanks!

apcmwh

Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2011
AOR Received.
10-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
Hi Pinklady

Could you please add me to the timeline?

Application submitted 22/12

No access via eCas yet, but I'm assuming we may have been caught in the Xmas / year-end rush.

Thanks