+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MuAn

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Ok. So it's not 12 months then. That's all. Thanks. :)
Family Class Priority (Overseas – spouses,common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children)

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I think everyone needs to maintain some decorum here. Its quite sad to see people bashing at each other inspite of being in the same boat. Some people choose to react differently to others in the same situation. So, rather than digging out at each other for meltdowns or concerns or anxiety or whatever you may choose to call it, we should be supportive and provide some reassurance. And if we can’t do that, then the least we can do is not post nasty comments and bring their morale even more down.

Thanks.

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi guys,

Just updating you all. My partner received a letter today confirming transfer of my application to London Visa Office.

Finally some movement after nearly 4.5 months. Just dreading the notorious backlog at London visa office.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi guys,

Just updating you all. My partner received a letter today confirming transfer of my application to London Visa Office.

Finally some movement after nearly 4.5 months. Just dreading the notorious backlog at London visa office.
Thank you. Spreadsheet updated.

Reactions: Sh3l

waqasmk1

Jun 11, 2018
Hi guys,

What's your timeline?

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Friday I also got a 4-th like that they start processing my application on July 4-th. Would anyone share from their experience and observations how long usually London visa office takes until they finalize the file?
Thank u in advance:)
On the 4th did they inform you of transfer of application or that they have started processing?

Reactions: sveta

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
That’s right. They sent mail to lawyer and lawyer sent to us on 4-th of July that file transfer is made to London, and this last Friday I saw there is 4-th line added that they start processing my file on 4-th of July. I think this letter same as added line on ecas is Aor2. But since my file was 8 months in Sydney, wonder how long more London may need..?
Ohh great! My partner received the correspondence of file transfer on 2nd July and now after you told me I checked my Ecas, it has another line added saying that they started processing the application on 5th July. Atleast some movement! We both are pretty much on the same timeline, my application went in on 21 November. To be honest I am equally worried about how long London will take to finalise the application. What does your GCKey say? Mine still says reviewing eligibility, no background check started according to that.

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
That’s good news! We have a lawyer, so I do not get to log in into my gckey account. But I am pretty sure it is same. I hope it won’t take longer than 6 month in London Since my case may need an interview...
Ohh I see! I hope it doesn't take that long for you, because 6 months takes you over the 12 month processing time. Why do you think you may be called in for an interview?

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Ah that’s because of my previous marriage and being out of status in USA years back. Plus, I am almost 4 years older than my husband, he is Indian and I am Ukrainian. Sooooooo... I believe 99% we will have an interview.
I just read on this forum that London is very slow... so I just wish not more than 6 months... who knows it can be even longer...:(
Don't stress. You will be fine! Fingers crossed for all of us :)

Neyal10

Jul 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
AOR Received.
07-12-2018
File Transfer...
01-02-2019
Med's Request
03-01-2019
Med's Done....
18-01-2019
got pre arrival service letter today!!!!
no update since feb 1st 2019
time line in signature

Reactions: oxana2005 and sveta