+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sh3l

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Thank you! I’m really trying to think positive but it’s odd that all Feb applicants who are from the UK have not been transferred yet ...
Don't be as surprised. I'm a November applicant and still no news of file transfer. Not too sure as to what's taking them so long :(

lostfreak121

Dec 15, 2018
Hi all - would really welcome some feedback from your experience. I've been approved as a sponsor in August 2018, medical for my partner was requested and done in August 2018 too. The last we heard was on 14 December 2018 telling us our application's been transferred to LVO for processing and we literally haven't heard a word since - that's over 6 months! 15 July 2019 will be 1 year since our application started being processed, so I'm getting quite nervous here. I'd welcome any advice! I've seen some people comment that they had to get their MPs involved - should I start thinking about that now?

I've also had issues linking our paper application to the GCKey site, it constantly says our application couldn't be found and when I contact them I don't get much help, just an automated response to send them screenshots, which I've done, and no response... so I'm worried maybe our application's been lost!

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
LVO is processing application in 1.5 years.
Because 80% of applications are processed in 1 year, so LVO is exempt, as rest offices handle the majority load.

No one cares if you have a kid or spouse waiting, unless you are from privileged countries. "Immigration is privilege, not a right", i.e. being Canadian you cannot marry someone from outside.

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
Hi all - would really welcome some feedback from your experience. I've been approved as a sponsor in August 2018, medical for my partner was requested and done in August 2018 too. The last we heard was on 14 December 2018 telling us our application's been transferred to LVO for processing and we literally haven't heard a word since - that's over 6 months! 15 July 2019 will be 1 year since our application started being processed, so I'm getting quite nervous here. I'd welcome any advice! I've seen some people comment that they had to get their MPs involved - should I start thinking about that now?

I've also had issues linking our paper application to the GCKey site, it constantly says our application couldn't be found and when I contact them I don't get much help, just an automated response to send them screenshots, which I've done, and no response... so I'm worried maybe our application's been lost!
Average response time after transfer is 8-10 months by LVO.
Also, there has been no file transfers since December 2018 for London VO applicants.
Consider yourself lucky.
We are looking at 2 year timeline here.

What's the point of working and making money when you can't even live with your spouse !

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Average response time after transfer is 8-10 months by LVO.
Also, there has been no file transfers since December 2018 for London VO applicants.
Consider yourself lucky.
We are looking at 2 year timeline here.

What's the point of working and making money when you can't even live with your spouse !
LVO processes applications to completion in an average of 9-11 months (which is within the 12 month timeline), not 2 years.

Reactions: KristenTH

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
LVO processes applications to completion in an average of 9-11 months (which is within the 12 month timeline), not 2 years.
For those after December 2018, files haven't even been transferred yet. That's for us lot. For him, may be 12.
Do you really think LVO can process files that have not been transferred yet in 2-3 months, given the backlog and no staff?

We are not bashing the system, it's just how it is. LVO is exempt from that 12 month deadline as only 80% applications are processed in that timeline.

Also, can you give any rational logic as to why no files haven't been transferred since November/December (7 months) and when it will be expected?

limonade

Jul 20, 2018
For those after December 2018, files haven't even been transferred yet. That's for us lot. For him, may be 12.
Do you really think LVO can process files that have not been transferred yet in 2-3 months, given the backlog and no staff?

We are not bashing the system, it's just how it is. LVO is exempt from that 12 month deadline as only 80% applications are processed in that timeline.

Also, can you give any rational logic as to why no files haven't been transferred since November/December (7 months) and when it will be expected?
That is just what happens. We are July applicants from a Visa Exempt country with strong proof, strong ties, no criminality, no adverse travel etc etc and didn't have our file transferred until January. We have already received Medicals, Pre Arrival, SA, etc. When they spoke to us they advised us that they start looking at applications in the last 30 days of the 12 month window. You need to be patient. And you are assuming no files have been transferred because of the small group of individuals who post on a forum, you aren't considering the THOUSANDS of other people who apply each month. You really need to be patient, you are in the same boat as everyone else. You can start panicking closer to November and December.

Reactions: Netraam and MuAn

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
The problem is Mississauga is processing applications in 3-4 months and applications go there not based on file complexity but nationality of PA. So 4 months vs 12 months ( even if we consider your argument that they start looking at 12th month mark and process it in 1 day), is unfair.
Ok forget about fair unfair debate, for those that applied in March/April last year they are still waiting with LVO. And they had file transfers within a month of SA like other offices. It has stopped after December and we know its because of backlog, so there is no way they can process them on time.

What makes one nationality better than the other, if it was random applicants get random offices, it would still been somewhat fine.

Sad part is you are justifying this discriminatory treatment, rather than demanding a similar process of all applicants.

What's next? Less salaries for brown people because "GoVt oNLy Pr0MIsEs mINimUm WaGe".

That is just what happens. We are July applicants from a Visa Exempt country with strong proof, strong ties, no criminality, no adverse travel etc etc and didn't have our file transferred until January. We have already received Medicals, Pre Arrival, SA, etc. When they spoke to us they advised us that they start looking at applications in the last 30 days of the 12 month window. You need to be patient. And you are assuming no files have been transferred because of the small group of individuals who post on a forum, you aren't considering the THOUSANDS of other people who apply each month. You really need to be patient, you are in the same boat as everyone else. You can start panicking closer to November and December.

limonade

Jul 20, 2018
The problem is Mississauga is processing applications in 3-4 months and applications go there not based on file complexity but nationality of PA. So 4 months vs 12 months ( even if we consider your argument that they start looking at 12th month mark and process it in 1 day), is unfair.
Ok forget about fair unfair debate, for those that applied in March/April last year they are still waiting with LVO. And they had file transfers within a month of SA like other offices. It has stopped after December and we know its because of backlog, so there is no way they can process them on time.

What makes one nationality better than the other, if it was random applicants get random offices, it would still been somewhat fine.

Sad part is you are justifying this discriminatory treatment, rather than demanding a similar process of all applicants.

What's next? Less salaries for brown people because "GoVt oNLy Pr0MIsEs mINimUm WaGe".
No, I am telling you to stop complaining and wait like the rest of us. You can complain when you have hit the average 12 month processing time that was stated when you applied. There is no justification for discrimination since I am at 11 months and was sent to the British VO as a British application. You really need to just stop and go find yourself another place to throw your hyperbolic statements. Immigration is not a right but a privilege.

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
No, I am telling you to stop complaining and wait like the rest of us. You can complain when you have hit the average 12 month processing time that was stated when you applied. There is no justification for discrimination since I am at 11 months and was sent to the British VO as a British application. You really need to just stop and go find yourself another place to throw your hyperbolic statements. Immigration is not a right but a privilege.
There is no point arguing, you won't get it.

But yes, I'll make sure to tell people not to fall in love with someone out of their country of residence, as they have no right to come live along afterwards.

Netraam

Oct 14, 2017
Spot on!

limonade

Jul 20, 2018

But yes, I'll make sure to tell people not to fall in love with someone out of their country of residence, as they have no right to come live along afterwards.
You realize you are saying that to someone who married someone from another country and is sponsoring their immigration right? But you are right, there is no point in arguing with someone who only wants to complain and not wait for the designated time that they were made aware of at the beginning of their application.

Takoyaki

Jun 20, 2019
You've made a few posts that contain some really bizarre statements and assumptions, then when your lack of logic is pointed out you then throw out more bizarre responses.

People come here for assistance, for information, for reassurances. They don't come here to read meltdowns.

I'm a long time lurker, but never registered. Your posts prompted me to sign up to request that you keep things relevant.

Hopefully you receive some news soon regarding your application.

Reactions: Canyem_75

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office
You realize you are saying that to someone who married someone from another country and is sponsoring their immigration right? But you are right, there is no point in arguing with someone who only wants to complain and not wait for the designated time that they were made aware of at the beginning of their application.
After a year, it's people like you who'll say I'm in that 20% of applications not processed on time, because it's just an average, when everyone can see a clear trend, and we can also see that previous applications are not being processed in 12 months either since this January.

When stats don't matter, then nothing else will make sense. Peace out.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
After a year, it's people like you who'll say I'm in that 20% of applications not processed on time, because it's just an average, when everyone can see a clear trend, and we can also see that previous applications are not being processed in 12 months either since this January.

When stats don't matter, then nothing else will make sense. Peace out.
Immigration is a privilege, not a right. Stop complaining and be grateful that you and your spouse are afforded the opportunity to immigrate to such a wonderful country.