+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

prodigalson

Aug 4, 2015
Hey

A supervisa is an alternate way for you to host your parents here. You pay for medical insurance out of your pocket, but they can stay with you for a long amount of time (in my experience people get it for at least a year, often more depending on various factors).

They devised it in an effort to give people an alternative to the long wait times for sponsorship.

Hope that helps.

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London :'(
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Originally Jan 20 2015 (included wrong checklist) resent Mar 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 9th - RCMP CHECK & RPRF requested
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
Hi All

Just a quick question about pregnancy / children.

Do you have to notify them that your pregnant?
I emailed london but got no response...

My twins are due in December and my file was sent in March so I know I won't be finished by their birth, but PR isnt going to make a difference to my life now so i dont really care anymore. Much more important things to focus on :D
They will be born in Canada so surely we don't need to do any immigration with them when they are Canadian citizens?!?!?!

Thanks in advance :)

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
bhaeber85 said:
I replied to my last response from London for clarification if its 8-12 months once it goes into the hands of an officer to process...or from the time it was received in Mississauga, and this is what they said...although it seams like they get processed quicker, im super discouraged with getting this...how can they investigate one file for 81-2 months! no wonder the waiting times are so long :'( :'( :'( :

Dear Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry regarding the above noted file.

Please be advised that it should take 8-12 months (estimated) to process the application once the file is assigned to an officer, not from the time the application is received in Mississagua.

We hope this is of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canada House | Maison du Canada
Trafalgar Square
London | Londres
SW1Y 5BJ
You have to make peace with the fact it takes a long time, or it kinda drives you mad. I've been through every emotion possible with this process, it's been absolutely horrible and I would never want to go through it again. What really upsets me is the fact it's the London Visa office, but they seem to be prioritising the Pakistani applications. Also an extra slap in the face for a lot of us at the moment, because they've taken so long to process our applications we've had to pay for a second medical out of our own pockets. It's completely laughable and there's nothing you can do about it, even going to your MP is a complete and utter waste of time. I could honesty just cry most of the time

bhaeber85

May 20, 2015
Scotmoose said:
You have to make peace with the fact it takes a long time, or it kinda drives you mad. I've been through every emotion possible with this process, it's been absolutely horrible and I would never want to go through it again. What really upsets me is the fact it's the London Visa office, but they seem to be prioritising the Pakistani applications. Also an extra slap in the face for a lot of us at the moment, because they've taken so long to process our applications we've had to pay for a second medical out of our own pockets. It's completely laughable and there's nothing you can do about it, even going to your MP is a complete and utter waste of time. I could honesty just cry most of the time
Its beyond frustrating. I am working 2 jobs, while he cant work at all, and that's my main concern with it taking up to another year...how can one officer start looking at an application and take 8 months on it....has this happened to others where online it says 'in process" and it actually takes up to a year? were starting a family and its just ridiculous to think I have to work 2 jobs the whole way through and when we have the baby, he still cant help support his family? we would move to england, but i have family and ties here and good jobs that i cant leave. FRUSTRATING.

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
?
bhaeber85 said:
Its beyond frustrating. I am working 2 jobs, while he cant work at all, and that's my main concern with it taking up to another year...how can one officer start looking at an application and take 8 months on it....has this happened to others where online it says 'in process" and it actually takes up to a year? were starting a family and its just ridiculous to think I have to work 2 jobs the whole way through and when we have the baby, he still cant help support his family? we would move to england, but i have family and ties here and good jobs that i cant leave. FRUSTRATING.
I'm in the same-ish boat, I was apart from my wife for 11 months after we got married, other than 3 weeks over Christmas. I've been here since the end of May, can't work, can't own a car, can't get a credit card. My wife goes to work everyday and I'm stuck not being able to help in anyway. At the end of this month, I'll be at 14 months since I first applied and I'm probably looking at another month or 2 due to the remedical request.

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
?
Scotmoose said:
I'm in the same-ish boat, I was apart from my wife for 11 months after we got married, other than 3 weeks over Christmas. I've been here since the end of May, can't work, can't own a car, can't get a credit card. My wife goes to work everyday and I'm stuck not being able to help in anyway. At the end of this month, I'll be at 14 months since I first applied and I'm probably looking at another month or 2 due to the remedical request.
I'd also like to add that ours is a straight froward application; no criminal history, no medical issues, no large age gap etc...etc...but still 13+ months and counting

bhaeber85

May 20, 2015
Scotmoose said:
its brutal. have they started processing your application yet? do you think that once they start processing it will take another 8 months?

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
?
I applied in June last year and it got transferred to London in August. They didn't even look at my application until January this year. After January they didn't look at it again until March and then after March it wasn't looked at again until July. I finally went in process on ECAS a few weeks ago. At the moment I have 30 days to get another medical done, after that I'm guessing another month or 2 until I'm done.

bhaeber85

May 20, 2015
Scotmoose said:
I applied in June last year and it got transferred to London in August. They didn't even look at my application until January this year. After January they didn't look at it again until March and then after March it wasn't looked at again until July. I finally went in process on ECAS a few weeks ago. At the moment I have 30 days to get another medical done, after that I'm guessing another month or 2 until I'm done.
what makes you think 2 months until you should be done? just out of curiosity. im just trying to get my life together and find out what we can expect when we come 'into process'...

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
?
bhaeber85 said:
what makes you think 2 months until you should be done? just out of curiosity. im just trying to get my life together and find out what we can expect when we come 'into process'...
Just by going on what I've seen from other members on the forum, and also looking at the London spreadsheet. Also the fact they've asked me for a remedical, that should be the last stage. Unfortunately with this process it's hard to estimate times as things are constantly changing. I originally went into this last year, hoping to have an answer in 8 months, but here I am at 13 months.

Yours might be processed faster as London is working through backlogs from Islamabad, plus for a good few months after I applied a lot were being kept in Canada to be processed, rather than going to London.

kasiap

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Lomdon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21July 2014
Doc's Request.
23 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
9 Sep 2014 sponsorship approval
Med's Request
17 July 2015
Med's Done....
March 2014 / July 22 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made Sept 21 2015 :)
Scotmoose said:
Ahh I hope it will take max 2 months after changing to ''in process''! I moved to Canada already and I can stay only 6 months on holiday visa but my kids will be in school here alreday don't want to take them out just becouse I can't stay :( We risk it a lot moving here and I'm starting to frick out now over that procesing time! its been 12 months since they recive that application.... I'm having really bad day and stressful days latlely

The same was with my application .. January they asked me for more doc then March something too and now new meds to be done :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mrsb2014 said:
Do you have to notify them that your pregnant?
No, you are not required to tell them about the pregnancy. When they are born, just email CIC to let them know and include copies of their birth certificates.

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London :'(
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Originally Jan 20 2015 (included wrong checklist) resent Mar 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 9th - RCMP CHECK & RPRF requested
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
No, you are not required to tell them about the pregnancy. When they are born, just email CIC to let them know and include copies of their birth certificates.

Thank you! I'm guessing once they see Canadian birth certs that they won't need anything further!

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Hello All,

Im so so happy to say we have Decision Made!

It says we were started processing on 31 July and then we had decision made today.

Many thanks for all the help and advice from everyone on here.

Good luck to you all with a speedy decision.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kks1234 said:
Hello All,

Im so so happy to say we have Decision Made!

It says we were started processing on 31 July and then we had decision made today.

Many thanks for all the help and advice from everyone on here.

Good luck to you all with a speedy decision.
Congrats! Spreadsheet updated! Come on London!