+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

jonnylad

Aug 5, 2013
Beaverdiva said:
Oh dear, I know how you must be feeling because London's our biggest dread too. I think we're resigning ourselves to getting LVO and anywhere else will be a bonus.

I think I'll be picking up your baton in a couple of month's time...

Congrats on getting SA though! Good luck, I hope your application goes through quickly.
Yeah I think thats a good mindset to adopt right now. I was kinda hoping that due to Islamabad's overspill they'd pilot a fast-track scheme for brits, however, alas, if only Canada's immigration made any sense. It seems as though London is becoming the most chosen destination from the spreadsheet. There hasn't been a Mississauga VO forwarding since April!

Keep in touch with any updates and good luck!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
jonnylad said:
Received my SA today and it's London. Letter dated July 20th.

Don't really know what to think right now if I'm honest. The one shining light is that my partner is accompanying me and will be getting a work visa for the UK.

Anyway guys, please update the spreadsheet and I'll pass the baton on to the next person.....

Is your partner a Canadian Citizen ?

HannahMac

Jul 28, 2015
Hi!

Okay so, my husband and I went to go send our application off back in late June.

I had stuffed the entire thing into my backpack and we went to the post office to mail it.

We sent it and it was such a relief to have it gone!

We were so happy until we got home and discovered that... a huge stack of photos had fallen out and were still in my backpack and never made it into the envelope!

Just today we got an email confirming that they received the application on the 24th of June.

I'm wondering whether I should bother sending in all those photos after we get sponsor approval, or should I just leave it?

Also for the spreadsheet we are married and we live in Toronto.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Need a bit of advice. Hubby is in process and he is in the U.K. He has a new medical scheduled for tomorrow. He has a ticket booked for August 27th to come to Canada . Now my question is shall i change address now on or wait for a bit longer. We are renting out the house in the U.K. to a friend who could post the corp to us if need be but according to Royal Mail is that if the person in the house is there when it gets delivered she can sign but if not she won't be able to go to the post office.

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
taffy7 said:
Need a bit of advice. Hubby is in process and he is in the U.K. He has a new medical scheduled for tomorrow. He has a ticket booked for August 27th to come to Canada . Now my question is shall i change address now on or wait for a bit longer. We are renting out the house in the U.K. to a friend who could post the corp to us if need be but according to Royal Mail is that if the person in the house is there when it gets delivered she can sign but if not she won't be able to go to the post office.
I would change it sooner than later. It would be a royal pain to figure out how to retrieve it if it gets stuck at a UK post office.

lilianboard

Jun 30, 2015
Vancouver Island
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/06/2014
AOR Received.
18/09/14
Med's Done....
03/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/15
LANDED..........
28/08/15
Taffy, if you go on the Royal Mail site, go onto main page, section on right side says help and support, open it and it says Received something for you card. Open that and it says, as I understand, what a person needs to pick up something addressed to you. They have to prove they are at the address. That is how I read it.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
lilianboard said:
Taffy, if you go on the Royal Mail site, go onto main page, section on right side says help and support, open it and it says Received something for you card. Open that and it says, as I understand, what a person needs to pick up something addressed to you. They have to prove they are at the address. That is how I read it.

Thanks will have a look at that now .

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
katathfx said:
I would change it sooner than later. It would be a royal pain to figure out how to retrieve it if it gets stuck at a UK post office.

Yeah i think i'm going to change it . Thanks ...

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
HannahMac said:
Hi!

Okay so, my husband and I went to go send our application off back in late June.

I had stuffed the entire thing into my backpack and we went to the post office to mail it.

We sent it and it was such a relief to have it gone!

We were so happy until we got home and discovered that... a huge stack of photos had fallen out and were still in my backpack and never made it into the envelope!

Just today we got an email confirming that they received the application on the 24th of June.

I'm wondering whether I should bother sending in all those photos after we get sponsor approval, or should I just leave it?

Also for the spreadsheet we are married and we live in Toronto.
Hello HannahMac! I have added you to the spreadsheet.

Did you include other photos in your application or did all of them fall out? If some photos were included and you fell the missing photos are just extra, not a necessity then you do not need to send them. However there would be no harm in sending them in accompanied by a letter explaining they were meant to be sent originally.

If you want to send them I would wait until you have sponsor approval (approx. 57 days after June 24th). This way you will have a file number and a UCI (Universal Client Identifier) which you can reference on the letter which will help them link the photos to your application. The sponsor approval letter will also tell you where to send additional documents.

HannahMac

Jul 28, 2015
andrew-brit said:
Hello HannahMac! I have added you to the spreadsheet.

Did you include other photos in your application or did all of them fall out? If some photos were included and you fell the missing photos are just extra, not a necessity then you do not need to send them. However there would be no harm in sending them in accompanied by a letter explaining they were meant to be sent originally.

If you want to send them I would wait until you have sponsor approval (approx. 57 days after June 24th). This way you will have a file number and a UCI (Universal Client Identifier) which you can reference on the letter which will help them link the photos to your application. The sponsor approval letter will also tell you where to send additional documents.
They were just extras. The ones that were directly evidence to trips we took got inside thankfully.

IntoAnother

Apr 2, 2015
Congrats to all the recent approvals
Right now I'm at 23 Days after DM and no COPR still :( getting anxious about this and trying to make plans.

GreenBlack

Apr 27, 2015
Hi folks, a quick question. Our file is with London Visa office.

My wife recently sent them a police clearance cert that took a few months to come in.

She sent it with tracking & signature but she's lost the receipt now and we have no proof that they actually received it. Royal Mail can't do anything either without the tracking number.

What is the best way to verify they got it and its on our file?

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
GreenBlack said:
Hi folks, a quick question. Our file is with London Visa office.

My wife recently sent them a police clearance cert that took a few months to come in.

She sent it with tracking & signature but she's lost the receipt now and we have no proof that they actually received it. Royal Mail can't do anything either without the tracking number.

What is the best way to verify they got it and its on our file?
You could send a case specific inquiry or order GCMS notes.

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
IntoAnother said:
Congrats to all the recent approvals
Right now I'm at 23 Days after DM and no COPR still :( getting anxious about this and trying to make plans.
Completely understand that anxious feeling. We haven't waited as long as you, but I the mailman now thinks I have a crush on him because I'm there to greet him every day lol

bhaeber85

May 20, 2015
Hey, I need clarification, I emailed them a few questions about the medical and got this reply. it sounds like we are coming due for processing but am I reading this right that after it starts the processing stage it takes 8-12 months MORE?? Help! I thought once it starts processing it would be done within a few months. we applied November 2014. ahhh thanks

Dear Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry regarding the above noted file.

Please be advised that the subject application is awaiting officer review. Currently, we are putting into active processing, applications that were received in CPC-Mississauga in October, 2014. Our aim is to finalise applications that have begun active processing within 8-12 months. This application was received in CPC-Mississauga on November 17th, 2014, therefore should enter active processing very soon.

Once this application is put into active processing, we may be in contact with you/Mr. Harris to submit additional documentation/information. Please provide any requested materials within the timeframe mentioned in our letter to avoid unnecessary delays. Also, please keep us informed of any changes in your/Mr Harris’s status (address, phone, email, newborn children, etc…) so we can keep the file up to date.

The medical validity date for Mr. Harris is October 23rd, 2015. The officer who is assigned to this file will request a medical reassessment from our medical office closer to the date of expiry. If a medical reassessment is granted, the medical validity date for Mr. Harris will be extended by one year. If the medical office is unable to reassess his medical, we will be in contact with Mr. Harris to complete a new set of medical examinations.

We hope this is of assistance.

Sincerely,