+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
I was in the same boat. We got married mid-application. So the application was filed with my maiden name, which I then changed to my married name.

So this is just my opinion, based on what worked for us.

Wait until SA to change your name on your passport officially. Once the change has been made and you have the new passport, just send a photocopy of it and let them know that you have a new passport in your married name.

When you travel, just make sure you have both passports, and a printout of the email informing CIC of the change. It won't be an issue - it doesn't change sponsor validity or anything, just let them know as an FYI and it own't be an issue. My husband didn't have any issues landing - they don't even really look at the sponsor at all after sponsor approval anyway!

Hope that helps! :)

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
That does help thank you. That was what I was going to do I think.
No point writing in before we're on file. Just have to hold of passport change for a few weeks.

I also thought they probably would not care after stage 1. She's still the same person and my landing and PR card do not have a sponsor name on them.

Thanks

acg

Feb 14, 2015
My COPR arrived today! decision made was on March 10th, request for photocopy of passport, new photos and updated info via e-mail on March 17th (which I sent to London and was received on March 19th).

Thanks so much for all the help, if it weren't for this thread I would still be freaking out about the London processing time jumping to 29 months. The spreadsheet has been fantastic! Best of luck to everyone still waiting

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
acg said:
My COPR arrived today! decision made was on March 10th, request for photocopy of passport, new photos and updated info via e-mail on March 17th (which I sent to London and was received on March 19th).

Thanks so much for all the help, if it weren't for this thread I would still be freaking out about the London processing time jumping to 29 months. The spreadsheet has been fantastic! Best of luck to everyone still waiting
Amazing, glad it's all done and dusted! :D Happy we have been able to help you out with your sanity during the process! Be sure to read the wiki articles on BritishExpats that have been linked in the past about preparing for your landing and your goods to follow lists etc. :)

Good luck and congrats again! :D

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
mtempest said:
Ideal!

One thing which is mildly concerning is that we can't log in to check the progress through the CIC website, when in the past we have been able to log on just fine. Have tried it for both UCI and App Ref, under both of our names and it just doesn't log in. The error message we get is:

Did you happen to put a dash in your UCI number? Ours came without the dash in the sequence, but it should be ****-****

Also, for some reason they put my other halfs country of birth as England, and not Wales, so I couldnt search him until I changed the country to England. :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#eCAS_isn.27t_letting_me_log_in._Why_not.3F

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
rhcohen2014 said:
i would recommend double checking the letter sent from montreal. usually requests from montreal reflect inland applications. does the email say sponsorship of spouse IN CANADA CLASS? there's no reason for outland applicants to make an appointment for landing. that is for inland applicants, and even outland applicants who are IN canada are usually not required to do this. since it looks like they initially registered the application as inland, there's a chance this letter was sent by mistake. i would recommend getting in touch with montreal and your visa office to double check.
Thanks so much for your reply!

The email says nothing about being INLAND, the letter does say "CIC Monreal - Inland Services" though.

I think maybe the problem is that my application was processed in CPC Mississauga, the email comes from High Commission London, and the letter comes from CIC Montreal. I'm assuming the problem is lack of communication between all three places.

I've been trying to call the CIC call centre which not much luck. They just told me to respond to the requests provided to me, there seems to be no way to reach CIC Montreal, and I believe the only way of communicated the visa office in London in email, where they average a very long time to email back.

petewilson201

Mar 5, 2015
Hi all,

Have skimmed a few pages but no questions on this:

I am awaiting approval for PR, CPC Ottawa have asked for more details and we provided these in March making me suspect we're slowly nearing the end of the process. In the meantime I have received a job offer (to start in August), what is the best way to ensure I am legally allowed to work for the company?

From research I have done I'd have thought a temporary work permit would do and processing times are relatively short. But my job offer is permanent not temporary which seems to be the reason for applying for TWP.

Any ideas?

Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
petewilson201 said:
Hi all,

Have skimmed a few pages but no questions on this:

I am awaiting approval for PR, CPC Ottawa have asked for more details and we provided these in March making me suspect we're slowly nearing the end of the process. In the meantime I have received a job offer (to start in August), what is the best way to ensure I am legally allowed to work for the company?

From research I have done I'd have thought a temporary work permit would do and processing times are relatively short. But my job offer is permanent not temporary which seems to be the reason for applying for TWP.

Any ideas?

Thanks
If you want a TWP, then the company will have to advertise the position as a temporary position nationally for at least 4 weeks and then demonstrate that they have been unable to find a Canadian citizen or PR willing or able to do the job. Then they have to pay $1000 for the LMIA fee which takes 12-16 weeks to process. If that comes back as positive, THEN you can go to the border with your LMIA and get a TWP.

Given you are not far off of being able t start, I'd say the chances of the company wanting or willing to do this is going to be pretty unlikely.

Basically, you're going to have to stick it out and hope that your PR is through in time for August. There aren't really any other options.

petewilson201

Mar 5, 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
If you want a TWP, then the company will have to advertise the position as a temporary position nationally for at least 4 weeks and then demonstrate that they have been unable to find a Canadian citizen or PR willing or able to do the job. Then they have to pay $1000 for the LMIA fee which takes 12-16 weeks to process. If that comes back as positive, THEN you can go to the border with your LMIA and get a TWP.

Given you are not far off of being able t start, I'd say the chances of the company wanting or willing to do this is going to be pretty unlikely.

Basically, you're going to have to stick it out and hope that your PR is through in time for August. There aren't really any other options.
Thanks very much for the reply, very helpful as ever.
Fingers crossed for the PR, come on Ottawa!

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
mmartin88 said:
Thanks so much for your reply!

The email says nothing about being INLAND, the letter does say "CIC Monreal - Inland Services" though.

I think maybe the problem is that my application was processed in CPC Mississauga, the email comes from High Commission London, and the letter comes from CIC Montreal. I'm assuming the problem is lack of communication between all three places.

I've been trying to call the CIC call centre which not much luck. They just told me to respond to the requests provided to me, there seems to be no way to reach CIC Montreal, and I believe the only way of communicated the visa office in London in email, where they average a very long time to email back.
Okay so what I've decided to do is respond to BOTH requests and just include a letter of explanation and provide a copy of both requests received and let them know that I've sent everything to each place.

I have one question though re: Request from High Commission. Letter seems pretty standard, and maybe I am missing something, or having a blonde moment, but I can't seem to figure out what to do lol.

Letter from High Commission - Visa office LONDON, UK states this:

"Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below:

1. Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications as detailed in Appendix A.
2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and each accompanying family member.
3. A photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of your passport and of the passport(s) of your accompanying spouse and dependent children to our office in
London.

Submit the documents within 30 days of the date of this correspondence according to the instructions in Appendix C. Please also include a copy of this correspondence with your submission. All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package.

At this point, I understand I need to send all these things to Canada House in London. got it.

THEN the letter states this:

A) To submit your package to London via courier or mail directly Mail or courier your package to:
VPU Processing (LDN)
Immigration Division - Canadian High Commission
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London, SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom

Okay, straight forward enough. BUT then there's this.

B) Submitting photocopies of your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O): If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit photocopies of your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send the passport photocopies together along with a copy of this correspondence by mail or courier to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa
PO Box 9780
Ottawa, ON, K1G 4B9
Canada

 Purchase two prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
 Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
 Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.
 Enclose both envelopes along with your passport and a copy of this letter.
 You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line: http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Again, pretty clear. BUT here's where I am confused... My boyfriend and I live in Montreal at the moment, so he is able to send his passport photocopies to CPC - OTTAWA.

But what about the 2 photos and his updated information sheet? Do those still go to London?

Now I was thinking of sending passport copies to CPC - Ottawa and the photos and info sheet to LONDON as requested, but then I see on page 1: All documents for you and your accompanying family members must be submitted together in one package

Am I the only one not getting what to do?

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
Received my AOR on the 10th :D

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
NVJ said:
Received my AOR on the 10th :D
Spreadsheet updated, thanks.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
Hi Guys

I have mailed photocopy of passport and 2 photos to Canadian High Commission in London, i was reading the email again today and i found this:

'In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”

now i didn't include the self-addressed envelope - but i did fill the charts and print whole email letter with F No & address.

do you think it will a problem if they cant find self-addressed envelope in package?

thanks

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
nishra said:
Hi Guys

I have mailed photocopy of passport and 2 photos to Canadian High Commission in London, i was reading the email again today and i found this:

'In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”

now i didn't include the self-addressed envelope - but i did fill the charts and print whole email letter with F No & address.

do you think it will a problem if they cant find self-addressed envelope in package?

thanks

Read the information again .I don't have PR yet but from what i have read on the forums its for when you are sending the forms back to cic if you are in Ontario or Quebec you are required to send self addressed envelopes. You are sending yours to London.