+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
Hi everyone!

My boyfriend received the request via email for:
-Photos
-Appendix B
-Photocopy of passports and personal information pages
(Deadline 30 days from date of letter)

YAY :)

He lives in Canada with me in Montreal and in the mail today, we ALSO received a letter from CIC Montreal (which I didn't know existed until now?) asking for the below in order to confirm a landing appointment at the immigration office in Montreal.
-Photos
-Form confirming personal information on COPR is correct (even though we haven't received the COPR yet?)
(deadline 5 days from date of letter)
-Confirm that passport is in date

Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I supposed to reply to BOTH requests at the same time? Or does the latter cancel the 1st one out.

I just feel like both are requesting the same thing & don't want to make any double requests which may cause delays.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mmartin88 said:
Hi everyone!

My boyfriend received the request via email for:
-Photos
-Appendix B
-Photocopy of passports and personal information pages
(Deadline 30 days from date of letter)

YAY :)

He lives in Canada with me in Montreal and in the mail today, we ALSO received a letter from CIC Montreal (which I didn't know existed until now?) asking for the below in order to confirm a landing appointment at the immigration office in Montreal.
-Photos
-Form confirming personal information on COPR is correct (even though we haven't received the COPR yet?)
(deadline 5 days from date of letter)
-Confirm that passport is in date

Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I supposed to reply to BOTH requests at the same time? Or does the latter cancel the 1st one out.

I just feel like both are requesting the same thing & don't want to make any double requests which may cause delays.
i would recommend double checking the letter sent from montreal. usually requests from montreal reflect inland applications. does the email say sponsorship of spouse IN CANADA CLASS? there's no reason for outland applicants to make an appointment for landing. that is for inland applicants, and even outland applicants who are IN canada are usually not required to do this. since it looks like they initially registered the application as inland, there's a chance this letter was sent by mistake. i would recommend getting in touch with montreal and your visa office to double check.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
XMan24April said:
Now the question is, can my wife and child travel to Canada? Since my immigration case that has the child as depended is "In Process", what happens when we get PR and than subsequent request for passports for stamping the visas?

1) If my child travels before PR, can i only send just my passport for visa and land in Canada with my PR and my child's? is that legal?

2) Is there some clause that, all the dependents have to have visa stamped again even though they already have a valid visa to travel?
Yes, your wife and child can come to Canada.

1. No, you must send your child's passport as well. Your child must be present to complete their landing, either with you or after you.

2. Yes. All those who need a visa must send their passports to receive an immigrant class visa.

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
Have just received the AOR today :)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
pete_sk said:
Have just received the AOR today :)
Spreadsheet updated! Expect sponsor approval within 2 weeks from now.

mtempest

Apr 10, 2014
I was advised by rhcohen2014 to post the below in this thread rather than/ in addition to the "January 2015 Outland" one.

mtempest said:
Hi all, first post (at least I think so, didn't realise I had a log in already) from me.

Sent in all our forms for outland in January and were delivered on 9th Jan 2015, acknowledged 14th March. We received the sponsor approval on 30th March, and on 9th April received an email asking for me to provide 2x passport photo, photocopy of passport, and complete an "updated information chart" which they enclosed. I have posted these back to London yesterday, as it stated if you're in Canada for the next 3 months you can send it to Ottawa but I'm going back to England at the end of May for a wedding.

I was under the impression this process in full would be somewhere between 9 and 18 months in total, and in between time I'd survive on a IEC/ visitor visas. The email I received on 9th April stated "Please see the attached document for your final approval and visa issuance." and "Your application has reached the final stage of processing. So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, you must now submit the documents listed below.".

I don't want to get carried away, but that seems like it is fairly close to the end, right?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
mtempest said:
I was advised by rhcohen2014 to post the below in this thread rather than/ in addition to the "January 2015 Outland" one.
Welcome to the forum!

Before I add you to the spreadsheet which visa office is processing stage 2 of your application? It sounds like it was Mississauga based on the timeline but I just want to be sure.

Yes you are very close in the end. When they request the passport photos, photocopy of passport and updated information chart this indicates that they have reached a decision on your application. Once you send them the requested docs expect to wait up to 8 weeks but in most cases the COPR is received a lot sooner than that. Look at the spreadsheet in my signature, we track how long it takes from decision made to receiving COPR.

mtempest

Apr 10, 2014
andrew-brit said:
Welcome to the forum!

Before I add you to the spreadsheet which visa office is processing stage 2 of your application? It sounds like it was Mississauga based on the timeline but I just want to be sure.

Yes you are very close in the end. When they request the passport photos, photocopy of passport and updated information chart this indicates that they have reached a decision on your application. Once you send them the requested docs expect to wait up to 8 weeks but in most cases the COPR is received a lot sooner than that. Look at the spreadsheet in my signature, we track how long it takes from decision made to receiving COPR.
Thanks!

Yeah, it's Mississauga. Frankly I thought my PR was going to take forever, not less than 6 months! I'm still waiting for my POE for my IEC visa which was intended to bridge the gap.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
mtempest said:
Thanks!

Yeah, it's Mississauga. Frankly I thought my PR was going to take forever, not less than 6 months! I'm still waiting for my POE for my IEC visa which was intended to bridge the gap.
Last year Mississauga and Ottawa started keeping applications for outland applications which would normally have went to London for UK applicants. I believe some Australian applications were kept in Canada too.

So at the start of this scheme Mississauga had no backlog which is why they are a lot faster than London.

mtempest

Apr 10, 2014
andrew-brit said:
Last year Mississauga and Ottawa started keeping applications for outland applications which would normally have went to London for UK applicants. I believe some Australian applications were kept in Canada too.

So at the start of this scheme Mississauga had no backlog which is why they are a lot faster than London.
Ideal!

One thing which is mildly concerning is that we can't log in to check the progress through the CIC website, when in the past we have been able to log on just fine. Have tried it for both UCI and App Ref, under both of our names and it just doesn't log in. The error message we get is:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mtempest said:
Ideal!

One thing which is mildly concerning is that we can't log in to check the progress through the CIC website, when in the past we have been able to log on just fine. Have tried it for both UCI and App Ref, under both of our names and it just doesn't log in. The error message we get is:
Happens often, nothing to be concerned about.

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
Hi everyone!

As our process should (hopefully) be coming to an end soon, we are starting to plan for our landing mid-July. I have been reading through all the documentation on CIC, British Expats and here, but I still have a little question about our Goods to Follow.

Our plan is to land with MOST of our stuff in July. We aren't bringing any furniture or bulky items and will pay for extra suitcases instead. I understand that all this has to be listed on our Accompanying Goods list, which is pretty straightforward.

Then, my husband (the Principal Applicant) will be returning to the UK from September to December to finish his PhD. I know that the goods he will be removing from Canada (ie: his suitcase, laptop, etc) aren't a concern as they will have already been processed upon landing. He'll just bring the stamped form with him as an additional precaution.

The only items I am concerned with are ADDITIONAL items which he'll bring back to Canada with him when he'll completely empty our London flat in December. There won't be much: one or two suitcases of books, some clothes, maybe a few kitchen utensils.... Again, nothing will be shipped, just placed in his extra suitcases during the flight.

My question is: do we list those items on his initial "Goods to Follow" list in July, even if they technically will be physically accompanying him, just on a second trip? Again, I would like to reiterate that I am NOT talking about the he'll be bringing back with him to the UK after landing, just the additional stuff he'll import with him for the first time, several months after landing.

Might sound dumb, but my brain is melting from reading too much on the subject!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Petitepoutine said:
Hi everyone!

As our process should (hopefully) be coming to an end soon, we are starting to plan for our landing mid-July. I have been reading through all the documentation on CIC, British Expats and here, but I still have a little question about our Goods to Follow.

Our plan is to land with MOST of our stuff in July. We aren't bringing any furniture or bulky items and will pay for extra suitcases instead. I understand that all this has to be listed on our Accompanying Goods list, which is pretty straightforward.

Then, my husband (the Principal Applicant) will be returning to the UK from September to December to finish his PhD. I know that the goods he will be removing from Canada (ie: his suitcase, laptop, etc) aren't a concern as they will have already been processed upon landing. He'll just bring the stamped form with him as an additional precaution.

The only items I am concerned with are ADDITIONAL items which he'll bring back to Canada with him when he'll completely empty our London flat in December. There won't be much: one or two suitcases of books, some clothes, maybe a few kitchen utensils.... Again, nothing will be shipped, just placed in his extra suitcases during the flight.

My question is: do we list those items on his initial "Goods to Follow" list in July, even if they technically will be physically accompanying him, just on a second trip? Again, I would like to reiterate that I am NOT talking about the he'll be bringing back with him to the UK after landing, just the additional stuff he'll import with him for the first time, several months after landing.

Might sound dumb, but my brain is melting from reading too much on the subject!

When i came into Canada in January i asked the CBSA the same question about my husband when he lands. They told me that it was ok to bring the extra suitcase and just declare if it was over the $800.00. I asked them what if he goes back and brings more stuff after landing and the answer was the same just declare any thing over the amount you bring. He told me that i didn't have to have a goods to follow as every thing was in my suitcases. If you land without these items then hand in a goods to follow, hat was his advice so that's what we are going to do. Just bring extra suitcases.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
He should put everything on his goods to follow. Goods to follow doesn't means stuff you've already shipped, it means anything you own that you may being into Canada at any point in the future. Could be in a decade. so include it on the list :)

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
Hey guys,

We sent off our application a couple of weeks ago and while we're waiting for the SA had a question which I hope is ok.

My wife is sponsoring me and her passport is under her maiden name. We filled in the application with her maiden name and put her married name in the other names question. She did not change the passport first as we had flights booked under her old name we needed to go on.
Before we sent the application we asked cic if it was ok for her to put maiden as that's the passport name and then mention married name (as some supporting documents are in her married name). They said this was fine.

My question now is, if she were to get a new passport changed to married name and we sent a letter with new details etc would this be ok?

When we asked cic they said should be fine but I'm worried it will confuse things before SA. Should we wait till after that? Should we not send a letter at all? Or should we hold off changing passport till after application is done which is not really a possibility.

Sorry for my long winded a confused way of asking this. Weird question and not sure how to phrase it.

Thanks in advance.