+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Graihn said:
Hi,
If you read what it says about proof of funds on your CoPR you will see that it doesnt apply to family class. Read the document attached to your CoPR, it does contain a lot of answers.

Last sentence reads (last page under Proof of funds for settlement): Members of the family class who have been sponsored by a relative (includes spouses) are not required to show proof of funds.
Thanks Graihn, I read through the COPR again and proof of funds for settlement is not needed when applying from inside Canada, but from when applying outside of Canada proof of funds for settlement must be shown its one to note...

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
keego_1 said:
Thanks Graihn, I read through the COPR again and proof of funds for settlement is not needed when applying from inside Canada, but from when applying outside of Canada proof of funds for settlement must be shown its one to note...
It doesnt matter if it is inside our outside, if you get PR through family class you have been sponsored and dont need to show proof of funds. Your sponsor has already proven he/she can take care of you financially (sponsor assessment).

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
I have a question, from the time you mail off the application to Mississauga how long was it until you received something from them saying they received your application? And then how long was it until you had stage one approval?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
andyb2404 said:
I have a question, from the time you mail off the application to Mississauga how long was it until you received something from them saying they received your application? And then how long was it until you had stage one approval?
If you track it you will receive an acknowledgement from Canada Postbor similar when it is received and signed for, after that it will take two months till you hear something. Usually silence till you are approved for stge 1. Check timelines here http://bit.ly/1nNv1Tk

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
Graihn said:
If you track it you will receive an acknowledgement from Canada Postbor similar when it is received and signed for, after that it will take two months till you hear something. Usually silence till you are approved for stge 1.
Awesome thanks! So the 2 months it takes to hear anything from immigration canada is that apart of 80 days processing for stage one? Or is that ontop of the stage one processing time?

speedstah

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Would it be possible for any knowledgeable members to shed some light on this?

My spouse is from a non-exempt visa country (i.e. she requires a visa to visit Canada) and is presently here in Canada on a visitor visa. At the same her sponsorship application was being processed at London and it has neared completion and now London has asked my spouse to send her passport to her residence country's visa office for the visa issuance meaning she has to go back to her country just to get the visa stamped and come back here.

We have emailed London right away and have asked them if its possible to get the PR visa issued while in Canada but they are slow to respond. We only have 30 days to send the passport.

My question is does anyone know if its possible to get the PR visa stamped on the passport while in Canada? If yes, do we have to wait for London to respond with new instructions or do we just send it to Ottawa? If we do send it to Ottawa, I am not even sure of the address or if they would even accept it!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
speedstah said:
Hello,

Would it be possible for any knowledgeable members to shed some light on this?

My spouse is from a non-exempt visa country (i.e. she requires a visa to visit Canada) and is presently here in Canada on a visitor visa. At the same her sponsorship application was being processed at London and it has neared completion and now London has asked my spouse to send her passport to her residence country's visa office for the visa issuance meaning she has to go back to her country just to get the visa stamped and come back here.

We have emailed London right away and have asked them if its possible to get the PR visa issued while in Canada but they are slow to respond. We only have 30 days to send the passport.

My question is does anyone know if its possible to get the PR visa stamped on the passport while in Canada? If yes, do we have to wait for London to respond with new instructions or do we just send it to Ottawa? If we do send it to Ottawa, I am not even sure of the address or if they would even accept it!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Her country's VO will mail her passport (stamped) to the mailing address as shown in ECAS. Make sure your spouse's mailing address is your Canadian one.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
Hi Guys, hope everyone is okay!

Checked the Ecas Today its still showing 'Application Received' i have done my medical examination on june and its been more than 6 months, does it expire? is this normal? should the status at least change from Application Received to 'In Process'? .... Another question if our application was sent to Ottawa i guess it mean its Striaght Forward, but why its taking more than 6 months?

cheerz and good luck to everyone!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
andyb2404 said:
Awesome thanks! So the 2 months it takes to hear anything from immigration canada is that apart of 80 days processing for stage one? Or is that ontop of the stage one processing time?
Ok so it is 80 days now. Yes that would be stage 1 and counted from when they receive the app.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
nishra said:
Hi Guys, hope everyone is okay!

Checked the Ecas Today its still showing 'Application Received' i have done my medical examination on june and its been more than 6 months, does it expire? is this normal? should the status at least change from Application Received to 'In Process'? .... Another question if our application was sent to Ottawa i guess it mean its Striaght Forward, but why its taking more than 6 months?

cheerz and good luck to everyone!
If you check the June/July 2014 Outland application threads and the Ottawa thread you will see that COPR are being issued for around the end of June/beginning of July at the moment for those being processed at the Ottawa office. We are also being processed in Ottawa and have heard nothing since sponsorship approval. Your medical is valid for a year from the date of issue so no need to worry. I expected Ottawa to slow down a bit over Christmas and also into January as other visa streams open up again. We just have to continue to be patient!

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
Hello and happy new year to everyone (and good luck on the applications.... i am in the process of suffering the silent wait for stage 1 approval!!). Just a quick query, does anyone know how to add your information and 'profile picture' to the left hand side of your posts on this forum? Do you have to have had a certain amount of activity before you can do this?

Keep up the good work with the spreadsheet guys, I spend plenty of time keeping up to date on dates!!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
BritishBob said:
Hello and happy new year to everyone (and good luck on the applications.... i am in the process of suffering the silent wait for stage 1 approval!!). Just a quick query, does anyone know how to add your information and 'profile picture' to the left hand side of your posts on this forum? Do you have to have had a certain amount of activity before you can do this?

Keep up the good work with the spreadsheet guys, I spend plenty of time keeping up to date on dates!!
You need to have made 10 posts, then it will appear in profile settings.

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
Graihn said:
You need to have made 10 posts, then it will appear in profile settings.
Thats great, thanks for your help (Post nr 5!)

ftgpmb

Aug 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
File Transfer...
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
04-02-2011
LANDED..........
16-04-2011
Just wanted to say good luck to all you London applicants in 2015. I have been in Canada 3 years now and am just submitting my citizenship application (not without its own complications I might add)

I got my PR just in the nick of time to catch my flight back in 2011:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html;msg714002#msg714002

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello,

I paid the fee online. 75+475+490 = 1040 and received the receipt.

Is it enough as proof of payment or I have to get original IMM 5401.

I am applying for outland sponsorship