Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
My MP is Jason Kenny the head of immigration and they wouldnt even help me.So I contacted another MP close to my area and they didnt even ask me were I was from.They just took my info and have been of great help to me.So if one wont help try another and another and another until you get one that actualy cares and will help you.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
I think Its time for another GCMS notes request myself.Im afraid to see what it says because I have a feeling Ill be in the same boat as you nhl1011.

nhl1011 said:
Received another GCMS notes...nothing has changed at all. exactly same as what I got one month ago...kinda desperate by buffalo's work efficiency...
It's been like 5 month I have no update at all except my medical is received... :mad:
I think there is nothing I can do but wait with silence...should I bother buffalo again? email them and ask them how's my application going? and why they havn't touched my file at all since july (What I see from the notes?)
Hmm....any suggestions? lol
Tyvm, and happy holidays~~~~

seattlegirl

Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 28, 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 10, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept 20, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 13, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 09, 2012
I'm not sure if the letter of PPR approval is the same generic one for everyone, mine stated that a photocopy of the bio-data page of the passport could be sent in place of the actual passport...

Our attorney followed these instructions since i will need my passport to travel home for the holidays. Just wondering if anyone has done this? Do they send your visa alone and you bring just this paper to land? Thanks for the info!

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
hello Folks,

can anyone tell me when should medical examination and police clearance documentation need to be send during the process of sponsoring the spouse.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
seattlegirl said:
I'm not sure if the letter of PPR approval is the same generic one for everyone, mine stated that a photocopy of the bio-data page of the passport could be sent in place of the actual passport...

Our attorney followed these instructions since i will need my passport to travel home for the holidays. Just wondering if anyone has done this? Do they send your visa alone and you bring just this paper to land? Thanks for the info!
That is different. It must be in response to the change in regulations eliminating counterfoils. Too bad they were slow about updating their PPR letter. I had to send my passport to them according to my PPR letter on Dec. 5th. Thankfully my family is coming here for Christmas. :)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
vanwilder said:
hello Folks,

can anyone tell me when should medical examination and police clearance documentation need to be send during the process of sponsoring the spouse.
At the same time as the application. Everything is supposed to be sent at the same time.

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
CelimaR said:
Thanks for your reply!!!
The email "complete" instructions say to wire (deposit) money to the following banks... this made no sense to Scotia or TD Canada Trust:

Intermediary Bank: Wachovia Bank, N. A., New York, USA
Code Swift: PNBPUS3NNYC
Code CHIPS ABA: 0509
Code ABA: 026005092
Beneficiary Bank: Davivienda Bank
Davivienda Code Swift: CAVDCOBB
Davivienda Account in the Intermediary Bank: 2000192002710
Final Beneficiary Account in Colombia: Defence Systems Colombia: 0550005700028144

Both Wachovia (N.Y.) and Davivienda (Bogota) have multiple banks for the Swift and routing #. No one I spoke with would confirm which address to use (makes sense why if addresses aren't required in the US/Colombia but no one actually said that but you LOL). Canadian banks must have the address coordinating to the branch account (or they can't/won't send the transfer)
So now I just have to see what the banks will do about the name on the account and we may be able to get this sent off before Christmas....
We've been "in process" since July 14 waiting for the next step so when I got the email with instructions (and them saying they're requested the info 2xs already and we have 60 days or they close the file) of course I ran to the banks to "getter done" only to run into a brick wall of banks not having a clue of what to do with the info... But at least I understand why addresses aren't of the same necessity! Thanks again!
Are you going to a large branch or a small local one? Perhaps the tellers just aren't familiar with doing wire transfers. They're getting better at it at National Bank near me since I go in regularly, but now that I have a TD bank account in the U.S. and Canada I won't need to do wire transfers anymore (can do simple transfers between the sister banks if you have an account at each).

What you wrote makes a lot of sense to me, since I've seen a general wire transfer form at National Bank. They ask who is sending it + bank info, who is the beneficiary (i.e. recipient) + bank info, and they ask if there is an intermediary bank and for the intermediary's bank info. That's why I think maybe you're just dealing with people who are not familiar with doing wire transfers. Definitely go to a larger branch, or ask to speak with the manager on duty next time you go. The manager should know how to do a wire transfer and not act like you're speaking another language. Definitely get the proper branch address if you can, and you should be good to go. :)

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
nhl1011 said:
Ty~~~
I just feel sad.
I check my email hoping for some good news almost everyday...and found out they havn't touched my file since july...
argh~~~~ :(

Dont be so sad, my file is exactly same timing as yours, my security was done in july and that is it. so we are pretty close as far as timelines go and I think we both will hear something soon. :)

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
prophet3 said:
Dont be so sad, my file is exactly same timing as yours, my security was done in july and that is it. so we are pretty close as far as timelines go and I think we both will hear something soon. :)
i am in the same bout as you are! The same time line. The same updates. There are at least 3 of us aplication received jule 11 by buffalo

Jojo12

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
File Transfer...
02-24-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
so i emailed buffalo on the 15th asking about my app n saying to them that i hope they havent left my app to catch dust n that my app was coming up on the 11 month mark....

this was their reply

You were sent correspondence from our office on December 13, 2011. Please allow sufficient time for delivery.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian Consulate General
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

hopefully it is a ppr that i have been long awaiting

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Has your ecas status gone "In Process" yet? I'm curious because mine recently did, and stated their in process date was Dec 8. We all know that's incorrect since my GCMS notes mention work as early as August on the file. Just hopefully curious if your correspondence is a PR, maybe I'm close too:)

Good luck!!!!

Jojo12 said:
so i emailed buffalo on the 15th asking about my app n saying to them that i hope they havent left my app to catch dust n that my app was coming up on the 11 month mark....

this was their reply

You were sent correspondence from our office on December 13, 2011. Please allow sufficient time for delivery.

Regards,

Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It could be PPR, although most of the time, we've been receiving that through email. Are you residing in the U.S. or Canada?
Jojo12 said:

this was their reply

Regards,

Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Jojo12

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
File Transfer...
02-24-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
ddobro2 said:
It could be PPR, although most of the time, we've been receiving that through email. Are you residing in the U.S. or Canada?

in the U.S. but everthing has been going to my wife in canada even when i had to re do my fbi clearance n the RPRF

Jojo12

Sep 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
File Transfer...
02-24-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2010
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Has your ecas status gone "In Process" yet? I'm curious because mine recently did, and stated their in process date was Dec 8. We all know that's incorrect since my GCMS notes mention work as early as August on the file. Just hopefully curious if your correspondence is a PR, maybe I'm close too:)

Good luck!!!!
ecas put it to in process on sept 1st but i had a buffalo file # from since may when they asked for the RPRF

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps it was addressed to you by name but sent to her address because it was on one of the forms in your application. The PPR is supposed to be addressed to the PA, however, I believe that in the case of a rejection (but let's not think of these things right now), it would go to both PA and sponsor, as it is only the sponsor that is permitted to file an appeal of a refusal. Well, it's been a week since they sent the correspondence to either the States or Canada. You can wait a bit longer or you can have an MP find out for you what the correspondence was on your behalf. Do you know why it took 11 months?

Jojo12 said:
in the U.S. but everthing has been going to my wife in canada even when i had to re do my fbi clearance n the RPRF