Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It wouldn't say your file was transferred somewhere. Remember, e-cas isn't really specific nor is it reliable (I don't know how much it shows to inlanders but it does not show a lot for us outlanders). If you spend enough time on this thread (or read back to previous posts), you'll see plenty of people saying they got PPR while their e-cas still said "file received" or the "in process" showed up long after they landed.
Mel_R said:
I'm wondering the samething actually :( I've been checking and it still says the samething, it doesnt even say my file was transfered somewhere :(

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not that long actually, by FSW standards. According to unfaircic.com, they have two groups of litigants: those who applied before 27 February 2008 and those who applied between 27 February 2008 and 26 June 2010, so it looks like their main grip is what they call "queue jumping" and CIC's "last in, first out" policy.
mjh49783aa said:
Sorry. :eek:

As for those that are suing, how long have they been waiting?

Mel_R

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
28.9.11... Transferred to LA 07.12.11
Med's Done....
Interview........
Wavied!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
[It wouldn't say your file was transferred somewhere. Remember, e-cas isn't really specific nor is it reliable (I don't know how much it shows to inlanders but it does not show a lot for us outlanders). If you spend enough time on this thread (or read back to previous posts), you'll see plenty of people saying they got PPR while their e-cas still said "file received" or the "in process" showed up long after they landed. /quote]

Thanks for the reapply, I didnt read any back post. I wish they would update it a little more.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Received another GCMS notes...nothing has changed at all. exactly same as what I got one month ago...kinda desperate by buffalo's work efficiency...
It's been like 5 month I have no update at all except my medical is received... :mad:
I think there is nothing I can do but wait with silence...should I bother buffalo again? email them and ask them how's my application going? and why they havn't touched my file at all since july (What I see from the notes?)
Hmm....any suggestions? lol
Tyvm, and happy holidays~~~~

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do they say "not started" for the criminal and security assessments? Does it say "in progress" or something for the medical assessment? Are all your 3 fees paid? I would contact them through an MP.

nhl1011 said:
Received another GCMS notes...nothing has changed at all. exactly same as what I got one month ago...kinda desperate by buffalo's work efficiency...
It's been like 5 month I have no update at all except my medical is received... :mad:
I think there is nothing I can do but wait with silence...should I bother buffalo again? email them and ask them how's my application going? and why they havn't touched my file at all since july (What I see from the notes?)
Hmm....any suggestions? lol
Tyvm, and happy holidays~~~~

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
Do they say "not started" for the criminal and security assessments? Does it say "in progress" or something for the medical assessment? Are all your 3 fees paid? I would contact them through an MP.
Cost recovery: complete ( I paid 1040 upfront)
FC Sponsorship: 75 paid
PA, FC: 475 Paid
RPRF: 490 paid
All the fees were updated as paid on july 21st.
For assessments:
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Not started
Medical: Passed...

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
ddobro2 said:
Honestly, I don't know how to find contact MP in this matter...could you plz help?
I live in North york though, toronto lol
Should I google MP in north york? and call anyone lives in this area, make an appointment and go visit them?
Are they contact buffalo by my behalf for free? or ...?
I know nothing about MP...>.,<
Thanks for the explanation :p

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's pretty much where I was the last time I saw my GCMS notes. If you go to your MP, you can ask him to try to find out if an Initial Assessment will be sent when needed or if there's been any sort of communication sent that you didn't receive.
nhl1011 said:
Cost recovery: complete ( I paid 1040 upfront)
FC Sponsorship: 75 paid
PA, FC: 475 Paid
RPRF: 490 paid
All the fees were updated as paid on july 21st.
For assessments:
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: Not started
Medical: Passed...

destanova

Jan 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10Feb2011
File Transfer...
24Mar2011
Med's Done....
24Jan2011
Passport Req..
04Oct2011
nhl1011 said:
Honestly, I don't know how to find contact MP in this matter...could you plz help?
Should I google MP in north york? and call anyone lives in this area, make an appointment and go visit them?
Google for your MP. There's websites that will ask you for your postal code. Once you input it, it will give you the contact information for the MP in your riding. Email them first (which is what we did) and they should be able to correspond with you to get it taken care of.

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
destanova said:
Google for your MP. There's websites that will ask you for your postal code. Once you input it, it will give you the contact information for the MP in your riding. Email them first (which is what we did) and they should be able to correspond with you to get it taken care of.
Done~~~Thank you :) ;D
The website is : http://www.parl.gc.ca

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nhl1011 said:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

If your constituency in North York turns out to be York West , be prepared to get NO help from the MP. As of October, the person in the office who handles immigration stuff was still "out indefinitely" (since June) and they had nobody else to answer questions at all. This might have changed by now, but I had such a bad experience dealing with that office, I don't intend to ever have contact with them again.

(Really hope I'm not the bearer of bad news here, just offering a heads up in case you do happen to fall into the York West riding!)

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
amaranth said:
http://www.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

If your constituency in North York turns out to be York West , be prepared to get NO help from the MP. As of October, the person in the office who handles immigration stuff was still "out indefinitely" (since June) and they had nobody else to answer questions at all. This might have changed by now, but I had such a bad experience dealing with that office, I don't intend to ever have contact with them again.

(Really hope I'm not the bearer of bad news here, just offering a heads up in case you do happen to fall into the York West riding!)
They said they will email me a form to fill, and start from there...my MP is LEUNG, Chungsen
Current Member of The House of Commons - Willowdale, Ontario
Hope it's not the same 8)

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nhl1011 said:
They said they will email me a form to fill, and start from there...my MP is LEUNG, Chungsen
Current Member of The House of Commons - Willowdale, Ontario
Hope it's not the same 8)
Nope, not the same. :)

Good luck! I hope you get some good info soon!

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
amaranth said:
Nope, not the same. :)

Good luck! I hope you get some good info soon!
Ty~~~
I just feel sad.
I check my email hoping for some good news almost everyday...and found out they havn't touched my file since july...
argh~~~~ :(

CelimaR

Nov 24, 2011
AmericaninQuebec said:
Honestly the actual address of the branch in the U.S. generally doesn't matter. Unlike in Canada where routing numbers are based on the branch, the U.S. banks do a general routing number, so as long as you provide the proper SWIFT code for international transfers and the wire transfer routing number + account number you should be fine (of course you'll want to include the name on the account, etc.).
Thanks for your reply!!!
The email "complete" instructions say to wire (deposit) money to the following banks... this made no sense to Scotia or TD Canada Trust:

Intermediary Bank: Wachovia Bank, N. A., New York, USA
Code Swift: PNBPUS3NNYC
Code CHIPS ABA: 0509
Code ABA: 026005092
Beneficiary Bank: Davivienda Bank
Davivienda Code Swift: CAVDCOBB
Davivienda Account in the Intermediary Bank: 2000192002710
Final Beneficiary Account in Colombia: Defence Systems Colombia: 0550005700028144

Both Wachovia (N.Y.) and Davivienda (Bogota) have multiple banks for the Swift and routing #. No one I spoke with would confirm which address to use (makes sense why if addresses aren't required in the US/Colombia but no one actually said that but you LOL). Canadian banks must have the address coordinating to the branch account (or they can't/won't send the transfer)
So now I just have to see what the banks will do about the name on the account and we may be able to get this sent off before Christmas....
We've been "in process" since July 14 waiting for the next step so when I got the email with instructions (and them saying they're requested the info 2xs already and we have 60 days or they close the file) of course I ran to the banks to "getter done" only to run into a brick wall of banks not having a clue of what to do with the info... But at least I understand why addresses aren't of the same necessity! Thanks again!