+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
ddobro2 we both have been waiting for a bit and yes I have gotten frustrated but we dont have it as bad as some.I read In the Feb. thread that a ladies husband got denied residency.I read that and thaught I feel so bad for them I couldnt even imagine if that was me.So if I have to wait for awhile than so be it and If you were one of the lucky ones that got thru in 4 months congrats.Because the story I read realy put it in perspective for me.Theres no quarantee you are getting residency but I hope everyone of us do sooner or later.
Can you send us a link to that February thread? I wonder why they got denied :eek:

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
People get denied all the time, although it almost never happens with Buffalo. He might be talking about someone named habibti who is going through Rabat. I believe she filed in February. Fortunately there's always the option to appeal in those unfortunate circumstances, and I think habibti is filing to do that.
Quince777 said:
Can you send us a link to that February thread? I wonder why they got denied :eek:

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Indeed. I'm already at just over seven months since and counting we've filed our app, and there are I'm sure many others immigrating that have waited even longer. What of those in the Economic Class, or those Live-In Caregivers, too? What of the stories of those we never get to hear just because they've never even heard of this forum? Let's face it. There's a LOT of people waiting to immigrate to Canada.

And it's exactly like what ddobro2 said when he said that this is a marathon, and not a sprint. It's hard to be patient sometimes, but being patient, and keeping your cool, is exactly the way one needs to be with this process. (I'm still working at it! Matter of fact, I could use a strong drink right about now! LOL I mean really! I'm going to set sail with Captain Morgan over the New Years! ;D )

Calgary-Bound said:
Its only been 4 months since you submitted your app.Hang in there hopefully you will be one of the quick ones.Ive been waiting 10 months and some people waited over a year.
ddobro2 said:
Indeed. One has to keep this in perspective......this is a marathon not a sprint (unforch) and if you get "tired" now you're going to be a REALLY big mess if and when you have to wait as long as others are having to. Sad but true...... :-\

I am jealous of the going to San Fran bit tho :p My plans are NYE in Chicago.
cantor2537 said:
I am getting tired of this process. Just another week and I'm flying down to San Fran to see my wife. Sorry had to vent

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I'm a she, not a he, but thanks. By the way, there's a group of skilled-worker applicants that are actually suing CIC over their backlog.
mjh49783aa said:
Indeed. I'm already at just over seven months since and counting we've filed our app, and there are I'm sure many others immigrating that have waited even longer. What of those in the Economic Class, or those Live-In Caregivers, too? What of the stories of those we never get to hear just because they've never even heard of this forum? Let's face it. There's a LOT of people waiting to immigrate to Canada.

And it's exactly like what ddobro2 said when he said that this is a marathon, and not a sprint. It's hard to be patient sometimes, but being patient, and keeping your cool, is exactly the way one needs to be with this process. (I'm still working at it! Matter of fact, I could use a strong drink right about now! LOL ;D )

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Sorry. :eek:

ddobro2 said:
Well, I'm a she, not a he, but thanks. By the way, there's a group of skilled-worker applicants that are actually suing CIC over their backlog.
As for those that are suing, how long have they been waiting?

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
ddobro2 said:
People get denied all the time, although it almost never happens with Buffalo. He might be talking about someone named habibti who is going through Rabat. I believe she filed in February. Fortunately there's always the option to appeal in those unfortunate circumstances, and I think habibti is filing to do that.
Thats who I was talking about ddobro2 and you are wright people get denied all the time.I was just saying we get frustrated over the time period yet some get denied and yes they can appeal but that will probably take as long as it did for the app to get denied.I believe there was a big age difference between habibti and there significant other like 20 yrs.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, they had a big age difference and Rabat really looks at relationships involving a young Moroccan man and an older Canadian woman with skepticism because there are quite a lot of poor young men that want to get out of Morocco any way they can (not that I am accusing her husband of being one of them).
Calgary-Bound said:
Thats who I was talking about ddobro2 and you are wright people get denied all the time.I was just saying we get frustrated over the time period yet some get denied and yes they can appeal but that will probably take as long as it did for the app to get denied.I believe there was a big age difference between habibti and there significant other like 20 yrs.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
Okay, I can tell you how IMM1017 comes into play here (been a while....... :p). While you show up for your appointment at the DMP with Appendix C, it is in fact IMM1017 (they have copies of these at their disposal) that the DMP signs and gives to you so you can include as an original in your application.

The very last item on the document checklist for the outland family class application says, "Proof of medical examination of the sponsored person and each of his or her dependents (original copy 2 of form IMM1017 signed by the examining doctor." In addition, if you looked at the checklist that's in the Part 3: Country Specific Instructions form for the United States (the same form that contains Appendix C that you bring in to your doctor), it says, "Include for yourself and each of your family members Copy 2 of the Medical Report-Section A that the DMP will sign and give to you when you undergo the medical examination. See Appendix C for additional information." Well, "Medical Report-Section A" is basically IMM1017.

Regardless of whether the receipt has more information than the form that was given to you by the DMP or not, you cannot send proof that you underwent the IME by way of a receipt. You must send the IMM1017 (specifically, it's usually the IMM1017 EFC which they give out for people who are outland, excessive-demand exempt, and who present the Appendix C at their appointment). If they gave this to you, you need to make a copy of it for your records and send the original to Buffalo as I cannot imagine they will disregard the fact that you lack a major required document. If they did not give you copy 2 (and I can't believe they didn't since they apparently sent the form to Ottawa), then I really have no idea what to tell you.

The IMM1017 form that you were talking about being for inlanders.....that's the IMM1017 SLC, which is for sponsored applicants processed inside Canada and also excessive demand exempt. That is but one of the 1017 forms they deal with.

Thank you for clarifying it for me , i emailed buffalo and they told me to F**** off, so I have to wait until the doctor that did my exam gets back in january and then go get the form from him to send one directly to Buffalo.
I do have a question for you --- Do I take the IMM1017 form to him, or he will have one and can provide one to me?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like I said, I don't know what happened during your appointment. You mentioned they refused to sign something. Was it the IMM1017 or something else? Because if you say that you know Ottawa received your medicals, the DMP apparently sent the ORIGINAL of that form there. It's Copy 2 of the IMM1017 (and like I said, it is probably the IMM1017 EFC that was the specific one used) that YOU are supposed to get (there are several carbon copies of the form attached to the original and when the DMP signs on top, it gets copied through to the other pages).
prophet3 said:
Thank you for clarifying it for me , i emailed buffalo and they told me to F**** off, so I have to wait until the doctor that did my exam gets back in january and then go get the form from him to send one directly to Buffalo.
I do have a question for you --- Do I take the IMM1017 form to him, or he will have one and can provide one to me?

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
Like I said, I don't know what happened during your appointment. You mentioned they refused to sign something. Was it the IMM1017 or something else? Because if you say that you know Ottawa received your medicals, the DMP apparently sent the ORIGINAL of that form there. It's Copy 2 of the IMM1017 (and like I said, it is probably the IMM1017 EFC that was the specific one used) that YOU are supposed to get (there are several carbon copies of the form attached to the original and when the DMP signs on top, it gets copied through to the other pages).

OK , Got it now, ddobro2, and read the guide again, and it is the doctor that should provide me with a copy, thanks again for clarifying, Hope you hear something good soon. ;)

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
CelimaR said:
First time asking question here. we've been waiting for a response from Buffalo since July (when our application changed to "in process". I've emailed 3 or 4 times inquiring if there is any thing required. Got a response Friday saying they've requested information 2x already with no response (we have seen nothing and I have asked!!) They are asking for personal background info (which I know we provided the information when the application was submitted in January 2011) we can resubmit no problem. They are also asking about the police report from Colombia (home country) - has anyone had any luck being able to get the police report with the wire transfer instructions from Buffalo? Canadian banks can't transfer funds without addresses and I can't find the address for the accounts buffalo lists?:'( My family living in Colombia tried to request the report but are not able to get it.
1. Bank of Wachovia - New York no way to know what bank address is (- there's more than one bank and when I called - I was told to use an address from San Francisco.) not what buffalo's instructions say so...?!?!?! wth??
2. Intermediary bank Davivienda - Bogata,
3. Beneficiary account Defence system Colombia.
Banks are no help, lawyer doesn't respond, can't get a hold of a person in immigration for help...
Stressed for 11 months... falling apart. Just want to get through this so we can move forward with our life together...
Any information to be able to get the Police check back to Buffalo ASAP
How much longer...
Were you told by Buffalo that the bank account is in Buffalo? I do wire transfers back to the States a lot (yay student loan payments!), and have used both the general headquarters address for my bank and the local branch address without problems. The San Fran address is probably the headquarters address. It should work fine as long as you have the proper SWIFT Code and/or wire transfer routing number + the bank account number. Otherwise, most banks have a branch locator option on their website that should pull up all of the local branches in Buffalo for you, and then you just have to find the one that corresponds with the directions. Again, you'll still need the proper SWIFT code and/or wire transfer routing number + bank account number.

Honestly the actual address of the branch in the U.S. generally doesn't matter. Unlike in Canada where routing numbers are based on the branch, the U.S. banks do a general routing number, so as long as you provide the proper SWIFT code for international transfers and the wire transfer routing number + account number you should be fine (of course you'll want to include the name on the account, etc.).

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Bah, just when I think Buffalo is going to stop being the bane of my existence and let me get on with my life it decides to take it's sweet ol' time sending me back my passport. I know it says it can take up to 15 business days, but I was hoping Buffalo would for once surprise me with some speed and efficiency. Hopefully the tracking number gets activated on the return envelope sometime this week.

Also hoping for a bunch of PPRs this week for everyone on here who has been waiting a while!

cantor2537

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
01-12-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011, 15-12-2011 (transferred to LA)
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012
LANDED..........
08-03-2012
Does anyone know if e-cas will still get updated if your file gets transferred to LA?

Mel_R

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
28.9.11... Transferred to LA 07.12.11
Med's Done....
Interview........
Wavied!!
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Insert Quote
Does anyone know if e-cas will still get updated if your file gets transferred to LA?
I'm wondering the samething actually :( I've been checking and it still says the samething, it doesnt even say my file was transfered somewhere :(