+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JAYJAY2 said:
should I redo the forms from the package that will affect her new citenzenship info or just send in the passport pictures and let them do it?
No, no need to redo the forms. Just send them the info and ask to append to your application.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bargeld said:
Don't need to apply, it's automatically sent when he lands. What he'll want to apply for is a SIN number and card.
Oh thanks! I was just about to look into how to apply for a PR card :p

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
I flew on AA from Chicago to Toronto before I had my PR card and they didn't ask for it.

And speak of the devil, I got it in the mail today less than 2 months after landing. Its a pretty cool looking id card, I must admit!

So I've landed, settled, started working, got my PR card, now if only I could get the effing state of Kansas to send me proper effing documentation so I could get my finally get my driver's license and register my imported car. I am on try 3 with them, they can never seem to get the right info in the letter! I've now got them e-mailing drafts before they send and it seems they always have to consult someone from a different office every time I ask for something to be added or amended. I remember someone mentioning once that it took them several months to get their license because of this problem and I thought, Wow, can't be that difficult. Boy was I wrong.....

So now I'm well over the point in Ontario when I should have gotten my license and registered my car. I hope they don't give me any troubles when I finally can....

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mmshock said:
I flew on AA from Chicago to Toronto before I had my PR card and they didn't ask for it.

And speak of the devil, I got it in the mail today less than 2 months after landing. Its a pretty cool looking id card, I must admit!

So I've landed, settled, started working, got my PR card, now if only I could get the effing state of Kansas to send me proper effing documentation so I could get my finally get my driver's license and register my imported car. I am on try 3 with them, they can never seem to get the right info in the letter! I've now got them e-mailing drafts before they send and it seems they always have to consult someone from a different office every time I ask for something to be added or amended. I remember someone mentioning once that it took them several months to get their license because of this problem and I thought, Wow, can't be that difficult. Boy was I wrong.....

So now I'm well over the point in Ontario when I should have gotten my license and registered my car. I hope they don't give me any troubles when I finally can....
I think that was me talking about the several months to get my license. I'm sorry you are also having difficulty too!

Also- you might be able to register your car before you get your license switched. In Québec, you can. I registered it and switched the insurance within the first couple of weeks after landing, then got the license taken care of about three months after landing.

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hmmm, thanks for the input! I'll call some insurance places and see what's the deal. When I first called the Ontario MOT to figure out what I had to do they suggested I get my license first as I couldn't get Ontario insurance without it. Turns out (from my experience thus far), Ontario MOT phone operators might not always give out the correct information.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I'm feeling discouraged....

It's been more than four months now since Buffalo has my file and so far....

There's been no change in the status of my app on E-CAS, and I've still haven't received an acknowledgment of receipt from Buffalo, either. I'm wanting my wife to order the CAIPS notes to see what's going on, but without even so much as a visa file number for her to write on that application, I don't know what else to do at this point but wonder in the dark.

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
Our ecas didn't update for 6 months. Its normal! You can email Buffalo and ask for your file number.

destanova

Jan 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10Feb2011
File Transfer...
24Mar2011
Med's Done....
24Jan2011
Passport Req..
04Oct2011
kayan said:
Is it true that once you land, you cannot leave Canada until your residency card arrives, and this can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks?
For land travel, your CoPR (which will be stapled in your passport) is sufficient. For air travel, you'll need to apply for an additional document that will prove to the airline that Canada will let you back in. You can find all the info you need for that at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

destanova

Jan 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10Feb2011
File Transfer...
24Mar2011
Med's Done....
24Jan2011
Passport Req..
04Oct2011
mjh49783aa said:
I'm feeling discouraged....

It's been more than four months now since Buffalo has my file and so far....

There's been no change in the status of my app on E-CAS, and I've still haven't received an acknowledgment of receipt from Buffalo, either. I'm wanting my wife to order the CAIPS notes to see what's going on, but without even so much as a visa file number for her to write on that application, I don't know what else to do at this point but wonder in the dark.
We filed in February, I just landed this past weekend, and my ECAS is still sitting at "Application has been received". It updated once since then to say that the Medicals were received, but that update disappeared shortly after. Needless to say, ECAS is NOT a reliable way to check on your application's status.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I think I've asked them for a file number about six weeks ago. I never did get a response, though. I guess it's still a waiting game for me at this point.

tulamoon said:
Our ecas didn't update for 6 months. Its normal! You can email Buffalo and ask for your file number.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Why am I not too surprised to read this?

I guess the moral of this story is that no matter where you go, government is government. :)

destanova said:
We filed in February, I just landed this past weekend, and my ECAS is still sitting at "Application has been received". It updated once since then to say that the Medicals were received, but that update disappeared shortly after. Needless to say, ECAS is NOT a reliable way to check on your application's status.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
mmshock said:

Ohh that sucks. I contacted DriveTest and in about 2-3 weeks I'll be going down to exchange my CDL (California Drivers License) for an Ontario G license. I talked to them on the phone, they were able to verify my driving experience after giving them my license #, and told me I'd just need my COPR/Passport and $75 fee and it'll all be done without any tests/exams. I was more than pleased to get this news. ;)

isolabella

Jun 5, 2011
vancouver/brooklyn
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2011
AOR Received.
14-09-2011
File Transfer...
20-08-2011
Med's Done....
25-05-2011
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-1-2012
hi all,

i am a june outland buffalo person and just saw on ecas that my permanent residency app is finally in process as of oct. 26. pardon if this question has already been asked and answered, but is there any kind of general time frame from date of in process to ppr or is it totally random. just wondering if the in process process will be a week or two or if it will drag on another month or longer! just getting ready for this to all be done!

any thoughts/info would be appreciated.

thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
isolabella said:
hi all,

i am a june outland buffalo person and just saw on ecas that my permanent residency app is finally in process as of oct. 26. pardon if this question has already been asked and answered, but is there any kind of general time frame from date of in process to ppr or is it totally random. just wondering if the in process process will be a week or two or if it will drag on another month or longer! just getting ready for this to all be done!

any thoughts/info would be appreciated.

thanks!
Unfortunately there's no fixed answer to your question because each file is unique. However since you only filed in June and based on the other processing times seen here, you probably still have a few months to wait (rather than a few weeks). But that's just a guess..

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hi Bargeld,

Lucky you! Where in Ontario are you? When I called Drive Test they said the same thing and that I didn't need any letters or a record from my state, however upon visiting my local office they said that I did and were really not nice about it. I can still exchange my DL with no tests as long as I get that really specific document that nobody can seem to be able to put together for me. Somebody suggested I contact my MP about it; I am really considering that at this point.