+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for outland Buffalo applicants!

jkhaskett

Oct 19, 2011
ddobro2 said:
Hey, congrats again and since I added you to the spreadsheet, mind sharing your date app sent, transferred to Buffalo (or date of sponsorship approval), date of AOR email from Buffalo if any, date of in process, if any info......?

When in November do you need to travel? You might want to consider taking it directly to Buffalo if there's a chance it may mess with your travel/wedding plans.
Hi - my fiancée knows the exact dates better than I do, I will get you that information as soon as possible!

In regards to getting my passport back in time before we leave to Mexico: I mailed the passport Canada Xpress on Oct 28th, we fly to Mexico Nov 20th. Just when you think you no longer have anything to stress about, a new situation arrives - ha. Though I am not as stressed as much as my fiancée is. We did include a copy of our flight ticket inside the PPR package just so hopefully they will take it into consideration.

We are wondering what the average times are that people receive there passports back in the mail? Though I realize it is all location sensitive, etc. Thanks, and again I will get back to you with more dates!

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
jkhaskett said:
Hi - my fiancée knows the exact dates better than I do, I will get you that information as soon as possible!

In regards to getting my passport back in time before we leave to Mexico: I mailed the passport Canada Xpress on Oct 28th, we fly to Mexico Nov 20th. Just when you think you no longer have anything to stress about, a new situation arrives - ha. Though I am not as stressed as much as my fiancée is. We did include a copy of our flight ticket inside the PPR package just so hopefully they will take it into consideration.

We are wondering what the average times are that people receive there passports back in the mail? Though I realize it is all location sensitive, etc. Thanks, and again I will get back to you with more dates!
I was in a very similar situation with my PPR - I received PPR Oct. 4th and I have to leave travel back to the states for a wedding on Nov. 4th. I typed up a cover letter mentioning this and included it. I sent my passport out the same day (10/4) - to NYC however, not Buffalo - and got it back Oct. 24th. They issued my visa on the 14th, but didn't mail it back until the 20th! ??? Anywho, you should probably be fine. :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No problem.

And I think if you send out the PPR October 28th and they know about your travel plans thanks to that itinerary, you should get it back before the 20th....particularly if you send it directly to Buffalo and not to Fort Erie (although I don't know if y'all are in Canada at this moment) through a commercial courier. Usually, people get it back 15 days (about two weeks) later. I know you probably would have liked some buffer time though!

I don't know what your situation is exactly (obviously planning a wedding even during the most carefree of times can get hectic)....but did you ever consider traveling to Buffalo to get the COPR directly and leaving with it in your passport? Might be worth it, peace-of-mind-wise.

Also, Buffalo appears to have varied the deadline it prints in its PPR letters. I wanted to say that they used to give 60 days in the past and they changed it to 30 days later, but I believe there was a "60 days" as early as Stumpedmom's PPR which was not that long ago. And Tulamoon said they gave her 15 days....although that might be incorrect on her part. Sometimes I think when Buffalo sees some semblance of consistency somewhere, it squashes it promptly. Anyway....What does yours say?

jkhaskett said:

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
is it documented somewhere that they issue PR only on Tuesdays and Thursdays? Any particular reason for that?

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
Last day of the month and officially 7 months now since Buffalo received my application. Still no PPR and no updates on my e-cas since July. Fingers crossed that this week brings good news!

destanova

Jan 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10Feb2011
File Transfer...
24Mar2011
Med's Done....
24Jan2011
Passport Req..
04Oct2011
jkhaskett said:

It took 3 weeks exactly for us to get my passport back. You should be fine.

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
They definitely only gave us 15 days. It was printed in bold in the letter about 3 times. lol I was surprised because I thought it would be more.

ddobro2 said:
No problem.

And I think if you send out the PPR October 28th and they know about your travel plans thanks to that itinerary, you should get it back before the 20th....particularly if you send it directly to Buffalo and not to Fort Erie (although I don't know if y'all are in Canada at this moment) through a commercial courier. Usually, people get it back 15 days (about two weeks) later. I know you probably would have liked some buffer time though!

I don't know what your situation is exactly (obviously planning a wedding even during the most carefree of times can get hectic)....but did you ever consider traveling to Buffalo to get the COPR directly and leaving with it in your passport? Might be worth it, peace-of-mind-wise.

Also, Buffalo appears to have varied the deadline it prints in its PPR letters. I wanted to say that they used to give 60 days in the past and they changed it to 30 days later, but I believe there was a "60 days" as early as Stumpedmom's PPR which was not that long ago. And Tulamoon said they gave her 15 days....although that might be incorrect on her part. Sometimes I think when Buffalo sees some semblance of consistency somewhere, it squashes it promptly. Anyway....What does yours say?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not true, we've had 3 PPRs on a Friday once, and I'm sure we've had PPR every day of the week at some point.
buffalo-toronto said:
is it documented somewhere that they issue PR only on Tuesdays and Thursdays? Any particular reason for that?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, that is crazy. I don't know what's up with that. I, for one, would absolutely LOOOOOOVE if Buffalo could pick out one thing - just one - that they would be consistent about for everyone and inform us so that we all knew.
tulamoon said:
They definitely only gave us 15 days. It was printed in bold in the letter about 3 times. lol I was surprised because I thought it would be more.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, you too ;) Hopefully less tricks and more treats from Buffalo in the following weeks!
eeeeeeeelectric said:
Happy October's end to all us Buffies. Here's to a productive November at the CIC! 8)

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it true that once you land, you cannot leave Canada until your residency card arrives, and this can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know about not being able to leave Canada (although, with a Record of Landing, I think you can do whatever you want, particularly for short trips), but I actually thought I read that CIC doesn't mail you the PR card, but instead mails you a letter saying they are ready for you to pick it up at the local CIC office. If you don't pick it up within 180 days, the card is returned to CPC-Sydney to be destroyed and you would have to reapply.

kayan said:
Is it true that once you land, you cannot leave Canada until your residency card arrives, and this can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks?

JAYJAY2

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-18-2011
File Transfer...
28-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
can someone help with my questions below please

The sponsorship got approved and now there sending it to Buffalo.
I sent in the application without the FBI results we got them so we have to send them in. Also after we sent in the application my wife received her american citezenship and got her american passport. So should we just go ahead and send that info right away to Bufallo or wait?

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
ddobro2 said:
Not true, we've had 3 PPRs on a Friday once, and I'm sure we've had PPR every day of the week at some point.
I meant was, can we only go on Tuesdays and Thursdays to Buffalo to get our PR Visa? Is that documented somewhere?