waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
kayan said:
My husband got his PPR a few weeks after his medicals expired. He hasn't landed yet, but we don't anticipate it being a problem. I don't recall ever hearing anyone being asked to show their medicals when they were landing. He will be landing in 2 weeks, so I can let you know if they asked anything about medicals or not.
Thanks! If you remember after I'd appreciate hearing how it goes. :)

ahassa5

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
PPR AT LAST! :D :D

Got word from my friend who works for my MP. Nothing in the mail or from e-cas tho.

Woot woot!

They requested two recent photos of my wife - are they the same size as what we submitted for her initial application?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Niceeeee, congrats. I see we're cleaning up February. Yes, you provide the photos in the same specs as the original immigration photos you filed with.
ahassa5 said:

Got word from my friend who works for my MP. Nothing in the mail or from e-cas tho.

Woot woot!

They requested two recent photos of my wife - are they the same size as what we submitted for her initial application?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, congrats again and since I added you to the spreadsheet, mind sharing your date app sent, transferred to Buffalo (or date of sponsorship approval), date of AOR email from Buffalo if any, date of in process, if any info......?

When in November do you need to travel? You might want to consider taking it directly to Buffalo if there's a chance it may mess with your travel/wedding plans.
jkhaskett said:
What an awesome forum. I have been glued to this thread as I am in the same boat. So nice to read others experiences. With that being said:

I am an American currently living in Canada on a temporary work visa with my Canadian fiancee.

PR App recieved: March 24, 2011
PR personal interview - waived
PR App processing w/ medical records recieved: October 4, 2011.

I am so anxious right now and a bit nervous for the following reason:

We fly to Mexico at the end of November for our wedding. I'm worried that IF I recieve my PPR prior to our trip to Mexico - will I have time to mail it in and have it returned to be able to to fly international. I suppose if my PPR doesn't arrive until well after Nov then there is no problem.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
buffalo-toronto said:
Congrats!!!

My NJ Police clearance came last night finally!! I shipped with next day delivery, should be in Buffalo today. i also faxed them the copy of the cert. and the email they sent, just in case. Now I am back to checking emails frantically, hoping no other road blocks are in place.

I think only me and Calgary-bound are left from Feb now.
Im still waiting and will be until atleast after the new year from what the MP told me.I still havent heard wether or not I have to redo my medicals even tho Ive been In Canada before my app was filed.Im still waiting for the letter to be remailed to see what there requesting for my background since the fbi check was mailed with the app.I was told that if you get your medicals done in Canada they will extend them for a year but if done outside Canada there only good for the year and that you most likely have to redo them.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lovin' this PPR every day or thereabouts going on right now from Buffalo. Unforch, the average time to PPR has gone up about a month since August. I think that's because Mississauga's processing time doubled and it created a residual effect, though.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
ahassa5 said:

Woot woot!

Here is a copy of my PPR e-mail. I included all of the links given to me in the e-mail.

tl;dr version is you need to check one of the links for the 2 photos, which do seem pretty similar to the 3 or 4 submitted with the original app to Mississauga, but print out the page anyways, plus a blank sheet of paper with height and eye colour (very easy, no form needed), and check the link for submission on where to send it depending on where you are at (one place to send if inside Canada, one place to send if inside the U.S., another option to drive to Buffalo on TUE/THU). You have 30 days.

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in a position to request your passports for visa issuance.

Please submit your passport(s) within the next 30 days. The issuance of your visa(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested. Please note, though your passport(s) is/are due at our office within the next 30 days, you must check your documents upon receipt. There will be a validity date indicated, and the landing must take place on or before that date. The visas cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after landing, please consult the website regarding residency requirements in order to ensure that you retain your status in Canada.

We require two (2) recent photographs of yourself and each accompanying family member.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE:

Passport requirements

Photographs, height and eye colour

Instructions for passport submission

Important notice for family members

Immigration Section/Section de l'immigration
Consulate General of Canada
Consulat général du Canada
Buffalo, New York

jamaicanincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
01-03-2011
Passport Req..
28-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
10-11-2011
Hey there Buffalo members
Hang in there, it seems as if someone is working in Buffalo to finalize the applications in their office and send out PPRs.

ahassa5

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
Bargeld said:
Here is a copy of my PPR e-mail....
Thank you :)

Apparently my wife was cc'd on the email my friend received. She didn't see it because she was getting her nails done but we have all the info and we're going to go on Tuesday to get it done.

My company is actually based in Rochester, NY, so I'm thinking of dropping by anyways to say hi to the gang. It'd be nice for her to get to meet the team :)

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
ahassa5 said:
Thank you :)

Apparently my wife was cc'd on the email my friend received. She didn't see it because she was getting her nails done but we have all the info and we're going to go on Tuesday to get it done.

My company is actually based in Rochester, NY, so I'm thinking of dropping by anyways to say hi to the gang. It'd be nice for her to get to meet the team :)
So you're going to Buffalo to take care of the PPR?

puzzle69

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
AOR Received.
07-04-2011
File Transfer...
24-03-2011
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
11-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-10-2011
Landed in Canada on Tuesday and just wanted to share my experience with all of you. We landed in Sarnia and they couldn't have been nicer. Very short wait and customs took about an hour, including car importation. Our son has autism and all of the officers went out of their way to keep him entertained with colouring sheets and books. A very easy and comfortable landing. Thumbs up to Sarnia! Moving into our new home next week. Already had my Harvey's and Timmies. I love Canada! Best of luck to all of you waiting and stay positive....

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Happy October's end to all us Buffies. Here's to a productive November at the CIC! 8)