02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
scylla said:
Mississauga processing is taking a bit longer these days. I believe the official processing time for sponsor approval is now 68 business days.
Sorry! My bad! Didn't realise it had gone up so much.... I wonder why sponsorship approval is taking so much longer? Sigh.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Mississauga processing is taking a bit longer these days. I believe the official processing time for sponsor approval is now 68 business days.
Mumbles - Like mmshock explained, you won't hear anything until the sponsor has been approved by Mississauga. This is perfectly normal and Mississauga does not provide any sort of communication to confirm your package has been received.
It is calendar days if u go from the day they have up to the processing time 68 business days would be way longer than July 20

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kedeisha said:
It is calendar days if u go from the day they have up to the processing time 68 business days would be way longer than July 20
Kedeisha is right. Calendar days for sponsorship applications. Business days for PR card issuance.

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
mohamedontheroad said:
who gets letter sponsor ? you get letter by mail or email ?
The sponsor will get a letter via snail mail

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The sponsor gets a letter (usually be email nowadays), saying they were approved as a sponsor and that the PR application is being transferred to the visa office in Buffalo. The principal applicant does not get that message. As of recently, CPC-M has been putting the application number (Fxxxxxxxxx number) on the sponsorship approval, along with the sponsor's client ID. You can use either of that information to log into e-CAS. Additionally, Buffalo should send the principal applicant an AOR via email that will include the PA's client ID and the date that they confirm receiving the file.

mohamedontheroad said:
how does one know if sponsorship approved by cpc-m ? how do you know when application transfer to buff vo ?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've gotten a CAQ so I knew it was required for a study permit, but I didn't know it was also required for a work permit. Wow, Quebec sure likes to be special. Are you sure you want to deal with all of those things right now? Your PPR might be sooner than you think. Although I recall you said you needed to travel back to the states, so you're definitely looking at getting a visitor record, right?

francohoosier said:
Nope. Just working. Finished all my studying in the US, at least for now lol. A CAQ (certificat d'acceptation du Québec) is required for a new work permit or new study permit. All work permits requiring an LMO also require a CAQ if they're Québec job offers. Since my old WP was a working holiday program, even though it's an extension of that same job, it's technically an application for a NEW work permit, hence the CAQ and all that jazz. But I still get implied status in the meantime since it's WP -> WP.

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
CandC2009 said:
The sponsor will get a letter via snail mail
We never received one piece of snail mail through our process. Everything was e-mail.

CandC2009

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/2010
AOR Received.
31/03/2011
File Transfer...
26/01/2011 (Buffalo received)
Med's Done....
10/2010
mmshock said:
We never received one piece of snail mail through our process. Everything was e-mail.
*shrugs* different people have different experiences, I got the sponsor approval via snail mail, everything else has been email.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
You can also use your receipt number for the immigration fees that were paid to process your application. I believe the CIC calls it an IMM5401, and the number you use to identify yourself to the system should begin with an 'R', followed by nine digits. (or at least it does in my case)

ddobro2 said:
The sponsor gets a letter (usually be email nowadays), saying they were approved as a sponsor and that the PR application is being transferred to the visa office in Buffalo. The principal applicant does not get that message. As of recently, CPC-M has been putting the application number (Fxxxxxxxxx number) on the sponsorship approval, along with the sponsor's client ID. You can use either of that information to log into e-CAS. Additionally, Buffalo should send the principal applicant an AOR via email that will include the PA's client ID and the date that they confirm receiving the file.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
rjessome said:
Your friend is wrong. You can't be a visitor and worker at the same time. You need to apply to extend your status.
Shes the head of Immigration In Edmonton AB.She said since the officer stamped my passport and didnt wright a date of when I have to leave then Im on visitor status.My job I was working is over but the work visa doesnt expire till the end of September but she said It doesnt matter since they didnt hand wright the date under the stamp.I know for a fact its true.I had a work visa back In 2008 and I finished the job before the work visa was up so I went to the states for a visit and they took the visa at the border while It was still valid.They told me since I was done working that I couldnt keep It.I came back 2 weeks later and they stamped my passport and I was here as a visitor then.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I have a question. If I, the principal applicant, didn't give CIC my email address when I sent in my application, and I'm not sure if they got it when I've emailed the Buffalo visa office my email address, (I'll assume they didn't get it for the purposes of this question) how will I be notified if they're ready to send me a passport request, interview request, etc....?

argenta

May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFF/NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011
File Transfer...
11-01-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
Shouldn't be any issues. I would say that ours is a pretty straightforward case...just applied at the wrong time (right before computer system revamp). CAIPS looked good the last time we requested them...but no idea how much longer it might take.

We've been able to be patient along the way, as we've been together with our newborn daughter as we wait. Sure hope that you're right about us being next though. Once November applications are out of the way, all you December PRs will be right around the corner! :D

Ellan said:
So if what they say about 11 months is true, you are most likely the next person to get their PPR. Did you order ur CAIPS notes? Did you have any issues with ur application?

Ellan

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
mjh49783aa said:
I have a question. If I, the principal applicant, didn't give CIC my email address when I sent in my application, and I'm not sure if they got it when I've emailed the Buffalo visa office my email address, (I'll assume they didn't get it for the purposes of this question) how will I be notified if they're ready to send me a passport request, interview request, etc....?

Then they will probably mail it to you...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they didn't note your email address, then they'll probably send it by mail. I haven't heard of too too many cases of the visa office calling someone, but that's possible too. If you ordered GCMS after emailing them your email address, you might see it show up in the notes.

mjh49783aa said: