Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S/he didn't order FOSS notes, which is in-country notes. I believe those are electronic because we've had someone from this thread order them several times in addition to GCMS with no problem. What s/he did was order visa information abroad, including GCMS. That's the GCMS electronic (out of country) notes, plus the physical file, like nhl1011 said. And yes, that would likely delay processing, or at least one would assume.
Kedeisha said:
yes it is thats why if they order FOSS notes which is the physical file there will be delay but they also have the option to order CAIPS/GCMS as well

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, that's exactly what it says in the document before you get to the form section, and intuitively, one can't help but draw the conclusion that them pulling the paper file for something or other rather than just print off some screens (which already takes a month to do) *has to* delay the process, right? I just haven't been able to find something in writing to attest to that on CIC's site.

nhl1011 said:
Ø Visa files always include these electronic notes, as well as the physical file;
Which I believe it may delay your application processing time because it contains physical file?

I don't know if I understood correctly but I think I am on the right track. Someone else can confirm?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, both is somewhat redundant because one (visa file) includes the other (gcms), and the "one" being a physical file, depending on what they do over at the ATIP division when they see your request form, there is a possibility that your processing could be delayed.

You should send them something in writing and follow it up with a phone call. There's always a chance they'll disregard the original request and assume you just meant the electronic notes. Then again, there's always a chance they'll disregard your subsequent request to change it. I had called the ATIP division just to check on when the EDA would be for my notes, and the lady mentioned that they could be emailed, so I told her that I was going to change my mind and just have them via email, and gave her my email address. But they came via mail because that's what was on the request form. Like with the changing address problems that people also have, I feel like if you don't have the information you want when you first send something in to CIC, it will be pretty difficult to change anything later on. ::)

prophet3 said:
actually i checked off both, :eek: is that wrong? if it is I hope they figure it out.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Ellan said:
Since June? Wow, was there an issue with their application?
Apparently they lost her x ray twice. That is all she's heard (after I urged her sponsor to contact his MP for information) so far...

cbennett

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived 9.30.11
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
So, I received this email from Buffalo this morning:

Dear
xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

#
From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate for yourself. - FOR FRANCE. This must be received at this office by: 11/29/2011

Unless original documents are specifically requested, please submit certified true copies of supporting documents. All Police Certificates must be original. They will not be returned to you.

Please send the documentation requested above as soon as possible. If we do not receive all the documents requested or the explanation within 60 days from the date of this letter, we shall assume that you are no longer interested in pursuing your application and your application will be refused and your file closed.

If your application is refused, you would be able to reapply, but you would be required to submit a new application and pay a new processing fee. The new application would be assessed according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act in force at the time that the new application was filed.

Immigration Section

I was an exchange student in Paris for almost 6 months back in 1992. At least I have some kind of update! I've already faxed my police request to the Minister of Justice in France. Fingers crossed I receive it back in a timely manner. I have a job offer and they want me to start soon!! I wish I had gotten the police report from France in the beginning but didn't think I was there long enough to require one.

mumbles

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-12
LANDED..........
05-05-12
mmshock said:
Hi Mumbles,

Did you send your app via courier? Usually nobody hears anything until the sponsorship is approved about a month later. My husband (sponsor) received this info via e-mail.

Its best in terms of processing time to hope for the best but rely on the worst, so to speak. No matter how straightforward you think your app is you just never can tell. Although I was a lucky one (exactly 5 months) my husband and I planned out all the way to a year, just in case.

Do you NEED to be apart? Depending on your circumstances you may be able to visit. A lot of people here can help with advice in that regard. I was in Canada for about a month already when my PPR came.

Welcome and good luck!
Hey ...thanks for all the nice Welcomes...I would love to NOT be apart from my husband during this time...and he does not need to work either...I can support him on my salary just fine....if he came for a month or two visit..does this mess things up for our app?? will it slow it down?? will they frown upon this?? also I have read that he would need to have proof that he will return...but other than a vehicle and personal belongings...he would not have any proof....no property owned ....what can be done? I miss him like crazy..and I want to start living somewhat of a married life soon

buffalo-toronto

Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUF
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
File Transfer...
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
29-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
where are our PPRRRRRs????? :D

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
mumbles said:
Hey ...thanks for all the nice Welcomes...I would love to NOT be apart from my husband during this time...and he does not need to work either...I can support him on my salary just fine....if he came for a month or two visit..does this mess things up for our app?? will it slow it down?? will they frown upon this?? also I have read that he would need to have proof that he will return...but other than a vehicle and personal belongings...he would not have any proof....no property owned ....what can be done? I miss him like crazy..and I want to start living somewhat of a married life soon
Yes he can absolutely come and visit while you wait out your pr application. When he crosses the border or flies in, he should have a copy of your receipt, and any other documentation showing that you have applied for his PR. My hubby took our sponsorship approval letter and a printout of what e-cas shows with our file in process etc. He explained that he is coming up to visit while we wait for his PR, the border officer gave him a Visit Visa and stapled it into his passport, it is good for 6 months, after which we can apply to have it extended.

He showed that he has a lot of his belongings in storage in the states and he drove on through. I kept my cell phone on in case they wanted to call me to verify (some people suggest going through together), but they never did need to talk to me. The visa clearly states that hey cannot work or go to school while he's here. BUT, with that Visa, we were able to get him Alberta Health Care for the length of his visit. If you happen to be in Alberta, I'd be happy to help you through it, I have no clue about the other provinces though.

Hope that helps :)

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Just thinking that if CPC-M was still doing the 30 day sponsorship approvals, our application would be on it's way to Buffalo now or soon. Grr. Our medicals expire April 11, I wonder if they'll extend their validity.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chinook65 mentioned that s/he completed the medical at the end of September 2010 and filed the application in March of 2011, getting PPR is 4 months. Not saying that's typical or that Buffalo necessarily sped anything up because of the impending expiration (although, who knows with them ::) ), but at this point, the train has left the station for you so one can only hope. If Buffalo starts by November, you'll have about 4 months left.

awor said:
Just thinking that if CPC-M was still doing the 30 day sponsorship approvals, our application would be on it's way to Buffalo now or soon. Grr. Our medicals expire April 11, I wonder if they'll extend their validity.

francohoosier

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2011
LANDED..........
12-11-2011
ddobro2 said:
I've gotten a CAQ so I knew it was required for a study permit, but I didn't know it was also required for a work permit. Wow, Quebec sure likes to be special. Are you sure you want to deal with all of those things right now? Your PPR might be sooner than you think. Although I recall you said you needed to travel back to the states, so you're definitely looking at getting a visitor record, right?
Yeah, Québec is a *spécial* place haha! But I love it for that (minus the extra bureaucracy, of course). I already HAVE dealt with all of those things if by "all of those things" you mean the various parts required for a new work permit - I HAD to because my current one expired on Sept. 19th.

So bottom line, yes, I'm looking at the possibility of having to get a visitor record coming back from the states - under the hypothetical assumption that neither my new work permit nor my PR will have been approved at that time.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, either that or they like just like to think so :p I've been here for just over a year now and I'm still trying to get used to it. When you listed all the steps you needed to go through, it seemed like a lot, but then again I don't have much experience besides with the CAQ. I find ridiculous, for example, that one would have to get another CAQ, if they go from one level of study to another, undergraduate to master's, for example. Not sure if there's a parallel with work. So anyway, that's basically why I asked that: because I know that I personally would prefer to just wait for the PPR and landing if it's been a few months already so that I don't have to shell out even more money to the authorities.
francohoosier said:
Yeah, Québec is a *spécial* place haha! But I love it for that (minus the extra bureaucracy, of course). I already HAVE dealt with all of those things if by "all of those things" you mean the various parts required for a new work permit - I HAD to because my current one expired on Sept. 19th.

So bottom line, yes, I'm looking at the possibility of having to get a visitor record coming back from the states - under the hypothetical assumption that neither my new work permit nor my PR will have been approved at that time.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
ddobro2 said:
chinook65 mentioned that s/he completed the medical at the end of September 2010 and filed the application in March of 2011, getting PPR is 4 months. Not saying that's typical or that Buffalo necessarily sped anything up because of the impending expiration (although, who knows with them ::) ), but at this point, the train has left the station for you so one can only hope. If Buffalo starts by November, you'll have about 4 months left.
One can hope, indeed!

I have 4 kids with 2 sets of custody papers (both give me sole physical and legal custody, the fathers have no visitation) plus a 10+ year old dismissed charge on my FBI record... I sent in the state police check from the state the incident happened in (shows no record) along with the court docket thingy (showing the charge was indeed dismissed and there was no probation or anything), but I expect those things to make the process all that longer - really I'm anticipating it going well over the 11 month time frame... I'm sure I'll be in that 20% of cases that goes over. Here's to hoping though...

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, from the way you described your case, you might very well run in to complications with Buffalo. You know what the good thing about you predicting it'll take up to 11 months or more is, though? When you set the bar that low, you can only be pleasantly surprised when the PPR comes sooner!

Just curious, did you get each of the 4 children to take medical exams as well?

awor said:
One can hope, indeed!

I have 4 kids with 2 sets of custody papers (both give me sole physical and legal custody, the fathers have no visitation) plus a 10+ year old dismissed charge on my FBI record... I sent in the state police check from the state the incident happened in (shows no record) along with the court docket thingy (showing the charge was indeed dismissed and there was no probation or anything), but I expect those things to make the process all that longer - really I'm anticipating it going well over the 11 month time frame... I'm sure I'll be in that 20% of cases that goes over. Here's to hoping though...