Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get your MP on it and improve your chances, lol
argenta said:
Sure hope that you're right about us being next though. Once November applications are out of the way, all you December PRs will be right around the corner! :D

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary-Bound said:
Shes the head of Immigration In Edmonton AB.She said since the officer stamped my passport and didnt wright a date of when I have to leave then Im on visitor status.My job I was working is over but the work visa doesnt expire till the end of September but she said It doesnt matter since they didnt hand wright the date under the stamp.I know for a fact its true.I had a work visa back In 2008 and I finished the job before the work visa was up so I went to the states for a visit and they took the visa at the border while It was still valid.They told me since I was done working that I couldnt keep It.I came back 2 weeks later and they stamped my passport and I was here as a visitor then.
Look, I hope everything goes smoothly for you but if the Regulations are properly applied, it makes you wrong. Hopefully it will never come under review. Your experience that you had in 2008 was different. In that case, you told the border officer you were no longer working so they took your work permit (cancelled) and stamped your passport as a visitor. In your current situation, you told the border officer that you were STILL working and they stamped your passport. Yes, he or she should have written the end date underneath the stamp. So the officer made an error but the Act and Regs always supercede everything else. If it was called into question, the Regulations would prevail. And I know for a fact that you cannot be a worker and a visitor at the same time. So your friend might work for immigration but the law says they are wrong. Now, if you told the officer at the port of entry that you were NO longer working, then it would be fine.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
mmshock said:
We never received one piece of snail mail through our process. Everything was e-mail.
we got mail from mississag. and then a few weeks later buffalo emailed , and that is it , it has been pretty quiet :-X , i just mailed request to get the visa file notes and see if there is any progress on my file , if not then i have not been lucky enough for the visa officer to hit my application on the dartboard, haha :p joke.

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
Thanks, guys. I knew it was kind of a silly question to ask, but I wanted to be sure.

ddobro2 said:
If they didn't note your email address, then they'll probably send it by mail. I haven't heard of too too many cases of the visa office calling someone, but that's possible too. If you ordered GCMS after emailing them your email address, you might see it show up in the notes.
Ellan said:
Then they will probably mail it to you...

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
prophet3 said:
we got mail from mississag. and then a few weeks later buffalo emailed , and that is it , it has been pretty quiet :-X , i just mailed request to get the visa file notes and see if there is any progress on my file , if not then i have not been lucky enough for the visa officer to hit my application on the dartboard, haha :p joke.
I heard if you request for file it will delay your process (heard from others)
while if you request for GCMS or CAIPS then it won't...I mailed request today as well :)
I think result will come back in a month, hope it will be good news :D

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
rjessome said:
Look, I hope everything goes smoothly for you but if the Regulations are properly applied, it makes you wrong. Hopefully it will never come under review. Your experience that you had in 2008 was different. In that case, you told the border officer you were no longer working so they took your work permit (cancelled) and stamped your passport as a visitor. In your current situation, you told the border officer that you were STILL working and they stamped your passport. Yes, he or she should have written the end date underneath the stamp. So the officer made an error but the Act and Regs always supercede everything else. If it was called into question, the Regulations would prevail. And I know for a fact that you cannot be a worker and a visitor at the same time. So your friend might work for immigration but the law says they are wrong. Now, if you told the officer at the port of entry that you were NO longer working, then it would be fine.
It will actualy make her wrong,but the way she explained it with not haveing an exit date and the work visa expireing within a month when I got back and that I was done with the job that I had nothing to worry about.I thought you couldnt have 2 work visas at the same time but apparantly you can.The company I worked for finished a job and the visas where still valid and the canadian govt issued another one for a totaly different compay for about 10 employees.I dont think they cancelled the work visa.The guard on the U.S. side took It when I drove thru and wadded It up and threw It In the trash without even looking at It.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you saying you checked off the "Visa file (information abroad) (includes CAIPS/GCMS)" field in IMM5563E? Why didn't you just check off "GCMS"?
prophet3 said:

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
I just remembered she said not to do any work after we came back from being gone that week.Thats how I would be considered a visitor since I wasnt working under my work visa and they stamped the passport without a exit date that I could stay for 6months.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
ddobro2 said:
Are you saying you checked off the "Visa file (information abroad) (includes CAIPS/GCMS)" field in IMM5563E? Why didn't you just check off "GCMS"?
actually i checked off both, :eek: is that wrong? if it is I hope they figure it out.

prophet3

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buf
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25
AOR Received.
June 29
File Transfer...
July 11
nhl1011 said:
I heard if you request for file it will delay your process (heard from others)
while if you request for GCMS or CAIPS then it won't...I mailed request today as well :)
I think result will come back in a month, hope it will be good news :D
yea not to delay anything i am trying not to contact them for now until this request comes back and see if any progress...

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
prophet3 said:
yea not to delay anything i am trying not to contact them for now until this request comes back and see if any progress...
as you can see in IMM5563E form
Ø CAIPS (Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System) and GCMS (Global Case Management System) are electronic databases containing all case notes taken by officers abroad;
It won't have any effects on your application processing time because they are electronic notes?
Ø Visa files always include these electronic notes, as well as the physical file;
Which I believe it may delay your application processing time because it contains physical file?

I don't know if I understood correctly but I think I am on the right track. Someone else can confirm?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if u order ur FOSS notes i believe which is your actual file CAIPS/GCMS notes will not delay ur file

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Kedeisha said:
if u order ur FOSS notes i believe which is your actual file CAIPS/GCMS notes will not delay ur file
FOSS notes is for in land applicants, isn't it?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes it is thats why if they order FOSS notes which is the physical file there will be delay but they also have the option to order CAIPS/GCMS as well

nhl1011

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
27-06-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Kedeisha said:
yes it is thats why if they order FOSS notes which is the physical file there will be delay but they also have the option to order CAIPS/GCMS as well
He checked off "CAIPS“ ”GCMS“ and "Visa file (information abroad) (includes CAIPS/GCMS)"
Umm...But on the other hand is requesting for visa file actually delay processing time? This is what I am concerning more ::)