Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
Med's Done....
09-14-2010
I just got off the phone with my MPP office. I filed my app in Feb and was transferred to Buffalo 3/23 and she advised me she contacted the Buffalo office and that my file is in cue for next February. She says that they are on a first come first served basis, but by looking at dates here I can see that that is not the case. She does not believe me that there are later files already finalised, because what I am stating is not from an official CIC site.

This entire process is so damn frustrating. Has anyone had any luck talking to their MPP and if so, what were they able to do for you?

Thanks

Wally

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wally1961 said:
She says that they are on a first come first served basis, but by looking at dates here I can see that that is not the case. She does not believe me that there are later files already finalised, because what I am stating is not from an official CIC site.
The person from our MP's office also told us there is absolutely no way people who applied after us already got their PRs. We applied in Dec 2010.

After much persuasion, he contacted Buffalo for us to find out the status of our application. This was last Monday and our file has not been open yet. He then told us that if we do not hear anything by Dec, to contact him again and he will send another inquiry. However, we got an ecas update stating that our application is in process this weekend. This must be a coincidence since the MPs cannot in any way interfere with the immigration process (or maybe the MP rep is trying to win our favour considering the scandal my MP has found himself in recently :p)

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
How about some PPR's this week!

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are confuse, if Buffalo are allowed to lie/provide MP's with wrong updates. Our MP guy told us almost the same thing but till June 2012 which makes no meaning to us bcos the Application file in Jan 2011. He even said they are processed on first come first serve base which i myself know hes not sure of what he talking about. So even contacting them don't help but makes you go crazy and more angry.

wally1961 said:
I just got off the phone with my MPP office. I filed my app in Feb and was transferred to Buffalo 3/23 and she advised me she contacted the Buffalo office and that my file is in cue for next February. She says that they are on a first come first served basis, but by looking at dates here I can see that that is not the case. She does not believe me that there are later files already finalised, because what I am stating is not from an official CIC site.

This entire process is so damn frustrating. Has anyone had any luck talking to their MPP and if so, what were they able to do for you?

Thanks

Wally

Kess

May 19, 2010
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
09-30-2010
File Transfer...
07-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-05-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
06-09-2011
It seems a lot of people are not getting truthful information from their MP's. When I contacted mine, by email, my MP's office actually forwarded me the response from Buffalo so I could see exactly what was written. If other people aren't getting at least that level of service then I think some noise needs to be made in those ridings.

kayan

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure why he would say June 2012, that's above and beyond the stated application processing times for Buffalo. Unless, like my MP, they took the 11 months from your AOR date. We got our AOR in March 2011, so he told us not to expect anything till February 2012. This is just the MPs being misinformed about the whole process, and they don't want to listen when you are trying to correct them, which is unfortunate.

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kess said:
It seems a lot of people are not getting truthful information from their MP's. When I contacted mine, by email, my MP's office actually forwarded me the response from Buffalo so I could see exactly what was written. If other people aren't getting at least that level of service then I think some noise needs to be made in those ridings.
Your communication was via email, which was the first attempt but no response but later visited the office in person which they promise to get back to us through phone. Honestly it never helps but add to the waiting game and basically they can never help speed up the process.

Love-Buf-Wings

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2011
LANDED..........
July, 2011
Hi, you still have to pay taxes on the vehicle if you don't own it, my husband paid 10% taxes + A/C + import fees. Your lien holder letter needs to state "export" in the letter.

AllisonVSC said:
Why would you have to pay any taxes? If you are becoming a PR and your vehicle is listed as personal goods to import, you won't owe any taxes or duty on it. Now, import fees and excise tax for a/c are a different matter.

What you will need to prove in order to bring it to Canada is that the lien holder will allow you to export it from the US.

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Hi Everyone!

Hubs sent out his passport on Sept 1 and it was received the following day. I know it does say on the email sent to us that if mailed in it generally takes about 15 business days. Has everyone who has had PPR and sent it out found that it does take that long?? I'm dying to have my husband here by the end of the month.

Love-Buf-Wings

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
03-05-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2011
LANDED..........
July, 2011
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, sucks you do have to pay for the taxes but not all at once. You pay the HST which is crazy expensive, but they expect you to pay 10 percent at the border of the value they appraise your vehicle according to their book. So my husband paid about 600 in hst taxes and 200 and something in export fee, plus 100 and something for an AC tax. He did not expect to pay the HST though, so they lowered the value of his vehicle by half to afford the HST tax. If he owed the vehicle he would be exempt from paying for the tax.

Calgary-Bound said:
I wonder how It will work with my vehicle.Im In Canada on a work visa that expires this month.I drove my car accross the border last October and my insurance covers In Canada and the plates are good until 2013.The vehicle Is financed so I guess I have to drive It back across the border when I land and have the letter from the finance co. and pay all the taxes.I cant believe you have to pay taxes to bring your vehicle here when you have to pay taxes when you buy It.

yvzp

Sep 11, 2011
JustandDaph said:
Hi Everyone!

Hubs sent out his passport on Sept 1 and it was received the following day. I know it does say on the email sent to us that if mailed in it generally takes about 15 business days. Has everyone who has had PPR and sent it out found that it does take that long?? I'm dying to have my husband here by the end of the month.
mine took almost exactly 2 weeks to get back.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Love-Buf-Wings said:
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, sucks you do have to pay for the taxes but not all at once. You pay the HST which is crazy expensive, but they expect you to pay 10 percent at the border of the value they appraise your vehicle according to their book. So my husband paid about 600 in hst taxes and 200 and something in export fee, plus 100 and something for an AC tax. He did not expect to pay the HST though, so they lowered the value of his vehicle by half to afford the HST tax. If he owed the vehicle he would be exempt from paying for the tax.
I talked to the Canadian border patrol a few days ago and was told I didnt have to pay any taxes on my vehicle that it was a one time exemption when you land.They said all I needd was the title and the letter from the finance company.But you just had to pay taxes so now Im confused.

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Ok I just talked to a different officer at the border and he said you do pay gst which is 5% here and duty if there is any and another tax which was 6.1%.The other thing the first officer said was the letter from the finance company had to say permanent import to Canada not export.I think the first officer was a little unsure.

vanwilder

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
ddobro2 said:
Did you declare to CIC in any way that you were still single in the three past months? Because if you did, I'm worried they might see that as misrepresentation when they see your PR sponsorship application and the details of your relationship.

In any case, we're actually not too different in how we handled the marriage. We also had a judge marry us, no guests, a photo session afterwards, and no honeymoon apart from my husband and I staying in a hotel in my city (to him, it was probably as good as a honeymoon because he was in the U.S. for the first time.) You know what? People spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every day on weddings and get divorced months later. So I hope CIC does not use these circumstances as part of their "genuineness barometer." We've been married one year this past June, by the way.
thanks , no i havent declared to cic that I am single in the last 3 months. I think i should just wait until december go back home get married in traditional style and only file my application to make my case strong. I do have photos, phone records chats marriage certificate etc .I dont know if that is good enough . since its only been 3 months we know each other. what happened in your case? since your situation is somewhat like mine what would you suggest? should i file my application now