+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for November 2010 applications

S

serenifly

Pharoh said:
I'm sorry for the slow progression, serenifly.

As I've said before, Outland is waaaaay faster. You have 6 months until they open your envelope. If you resubmit your application as Outland, you might have PR in 4 months, as well as a right to appeal if something goes sour.

:-X
I know lol sorry for my melodramatic moments. We made our bed and we'll lay in it .. if he lived in the USA or somewhere closer (that isnt a 3000$ return flight, we would consider that, but we are going to just get by with this. Not struggling financially supporting him, just the time ... If things go sour we'll go to New zealand, which isn't a bad consolation prize :)

MizzCanAm

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2010
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
09-03-2012
I have not received the envelope from Buffalo yet that some people get that has their stickers and info in it. I have to send something to Buffalo, so do I write my File number on the outside of the envelope? Thanks.

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Welcome Can_Visa!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
MizzCanAm said:
I have not received the envelope from Buffalo yet that some people get that has their stickers and info in it. I have to send something to Buffalo, so do I write my File number on the outside of the envelope? Thanks.
Hi MizzCanAm,

That'd probably be your best bet. You can also try emailing Buffalo, and see if they A) ever sent you the AOR/stickers to begin with, or B) would be willing to send you stickers. Of course, by the time they did (and they probably wouldn't), you might have PPR, or otherwise would no longer need stickers.

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
I never received stickers myself! And I was joking when I said maybe they're not sending me any because I don't need it - they have all my documents and look what happened! I got the letter saying no additional documents needed!

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
processing time for colombo office down from 17 months to 16 months.. lmao... not much of a change... but big enough to celebrate with a beer maybe? :p

we're saving the good booze for PPR and they best for when hubby lands here.. lol..

lord only know we're gonna need a nice strong drink after this whole thing is done..

ok why am i babbling about booze on a tueday afternoon?

stopping now!

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
mmmm all this talk of wine & booze and now I'm craving a drink too!

I've taken a break from the forum for about 2 weeks and just reading through all the updates. Nice to see some new people joining us, welcome! And how exciting a PPR from London. Jen85, your good news will follow soon. Do you have an action plan ready to follow as soon as you get the news? I've been working on this... you know, to confirm with the shipping, book the flights, tell work, childcare, list of things to sell vs pack etc. It's been satisfying the control freak inside especially considering there ain't much control over what our immigration office are doing right now.

Sounds like everyone is coping and it's good that we are able to share what's going on for us, whether it seems positive or negative. I find it hard to relate it to friends/family haven't been through this and for them they can't see the big deal, "life is great where you are", they say, "why would you ever want to change it?". It's hard to explain it to someone else who isn't living the agony of being seperated from somewhere or someone or something you really want to be with, with all your heart...

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
awww cheer up canadianyogi!! and i never said anything about wine! lol.. but now that u mention it, i do have some cheese and a bottle of red wine at home calling out my name!!

work will be done in 15 mins, i will be home in 45 mins.. i'm gonna wedge out and watch tv and drink wine and eat cheese!! and read the forum of course!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
canadayogini said:
mmmm all this talk of wine & booze and now I'm craving a drink too!

I've taken a break from the forum for about 2 weeks and just reading through all the updates. Nice to see some new people joining us, welcome! And how exciting a PPR from London. Jen85, your good news will follow soon. Do you have an action plan ready to follow as soon as you get the news? I've been working on this... you know, to confirm with the shipping, book the flights, tell work, childcare, list of things to sell vs pack etc. It's been satisfying the control freak inside especially considering there ain't much control over what our immigration office are doing right now.

Sounds like everyone is coping and it's good that we are able to share what's going on for us, whether it seems positive or negative. I find it hard to relate it to friends/family haven't been through this and for them they can't see the big deal, "life is great where you are", they say, "why would you ever want to change it?". It's hard to explain it to someone else who isn't living the agony of being seperated from somewhere or someone or something you really want to be with, with all your heart...
Welcome back canadayogini.

I took a break last week. There's been a flurry of activity, but today was pretty quiet. I hope there's more news to come in the coming week.

At this point, it would seem as though eCas isn't being utilized as often as before. A lot of people are getting PPR/letters without ever getting an eCas update. I think a lot of it depends on the IO.

I hope you have some good news to share soon.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
melbell_28 said:
awww cheer up canadianyogi!! and i never said anything about wine! lol.. but now that u mention it, i do have some cheese and a bottle of red wine at home calling out my name!!

work will be done in 15 mins, i will be home in 45 mins.. i'm gonna wedge out and watch tv and drink wine and eat cheese!! and read the forum of course!
Yay, work day is almost over, go and put your feet up melbell!

ah yes, wine and soft cheese would suit me perfect too... probably because I'm not supposed to have them at the moment! Craved it in the last pregnancy too. I've been vegetarian for about 4 years and just started eating meat this past week, because my body is telling me too, I think I need the energy/iron/protein from it to deal with all this activity :) It took a bit to get over psychologically and texture wise, but I feel ok with making conscious choices about it that suit our family values.

What did you get up to on your break from the forums Pharoh, can you share how you were able to spend your time (did you feel you were able to 'switch off' from it mentally too?)

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
canadayogini said:
Yay, work day is almost over, go and put your feet up melbell!

ah yes, wine and soft cheese would suit me perfect too... probably because I'm not supposed to have them at the moment! Craved it in the last pregnancy too. I've been vegetarian for about 4 years and just started eating meat this past week, because my body is telling me too, I think I need the energy/iron/protein from it to deal with all this activity :) It took a bit to get over psychologically and texture wise, but I feel ok with making conscious choices about it that suit our family values.

What did you get up to on your break from the forums Pharoh, can you share how you were able to spend your time (did you feel you were able to 'switch off' from it mentally too?)
I flew up to Alberta and spent my remaining PTO from work, to be with my wife. We found an apartment we liked, got her all moved in, and bought a kitten to give her some companionship, in my absence. It was pretty easy not going on the forums, and if I were doing Inland, and were able to work, I'd probably not even think about immigration at all... I'd just get a letter one day, requesting my passport. No big deal, nothing to be excited about.

Now I'm back home, back at work (which is lousy, but I'm grateful they continue to pay me), away from my spouse, lacking any more time off from work, and not really sure when PPR will come.

Meh.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
sounds like you had a lovely time Pharoh, and a kitten too, how sweet! Assuming this will be an apartment you will live in together when you are able to move up to Edmonton... that must have been nice to have found it together and you were able to help your wife settle in. What did you name your kitten?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
canadayogini said:
sounds like you had a lovely time Pharoh, and a kitten too, how sweet! Assuming this will be an apartment you will live in together when you are able to move up to Edmonton... that must have been nice to have found it together and you were able to help your wife settle in. What did you name your kitten?
The kitten is named Bootsie (or Boots). She's two months old, medium hair, black and white. She's quite a handful for the wife, and keeps her busy!

It IS nice having the place already picked out, moved in, etc. That means when I get PPR, I just have to land a job up there. I've been looking at jobs, and there's no shortage of them. As soon as I get a job, I can continue contributing to the family, paying the bills, and enjoying life. The home is already established, though. We're having furniture delivered over the next couple weeks, to make it more home-like. I imagine the place (and cat) will look vastly different, once I'm able to move up.

Arrrghhh... I want PPR. :(

bsmith2010

Nov 7, 2010
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
09-Dec-2010
Med's Done....
24-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2011
Hi all, I have some good news to share - I got my PPR via email today! :D

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
bsmith2010 said:
Hi all, I have some good news to share - I got my PPR via email today! :D
Congratulations bsmith2010!! So happy for you. I wish I could have gone through the London office.

Best of luck to you in the future, and please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.