Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
canadayogini said:
I also added an initial assessment column, to indicate where a letter had been given. As pointed out, not all offices do this but I just thought I'd capture it anyway as it might be helpful for people who submitted their application in more recent months (no doubt tracking us - hello!) to get more of a vague sense of what is to follow.

(I'm using the dates that are on the letters).
Hey Canadayogino - I just realized you wrote that you're using dates on the letters
My Initial Assessment letter stating no interview is required, etc...was dated February 18th. (Rec'd Feb 24th)

Thanks!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Yeah, and I got mine the 24th as well, but it's DATED February 22.

DKA, I have a feeling you and I are being awfully picky, for something canadayogini's doing for free. :p

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
HAHAHA!! Hey! She said to let her know!!! So I"m just letting her now! Canadayogini - I'll buy you some timmies once you work your magic on the IO that's handling our application! ;D

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
ha ha you are a picky bunch! seriously I don't mind, gives me something to focus on today. Did anyone ever wonder if the IO officers ever spend their lunch break browsing on these forums for a bit of a laugh?

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
canadayogini said:
ha ha you are a picky bunch! seriously I don't mind, gives me something to focus on today. Did anyone ever wonder if the IO officers ever spend their lunch break browsing on these forums for a bit of a laugh?
LOL Canadayogini - it's funny that you mention I was talking my hubby yesterday about that. I was saying to him how I wonder if some IO's are on here secretly reading all of this - laughing, feeling sorry, reporting back to the other IO's...hey you never know some people that were speaking to just MIGHT be the IO handling our applications!!

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
DKA said:
LOL Canadayogini - it's funny that you mention I was talking my hubby yesterday about that. I was saying to him how I wonder if some IO's are on here secretly reading all of this - laughing, feeling sorry, reporting back to the other IO's...hey you never know some people that were speaking to just MIGHT be the IO handling our applications!!
I'm sure they're not dumb... they know forums like this exist.

What surprises me, is that no CIC employees have volunteered any information (anonymously, of course) such as what different offices are doing, what month they're currently working on, or perhaps sharing how many IO's there are (to give us a better understanding of why it takes so long). I'm guessing they sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement or something.

DKA

Star Member
Jun 12, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2011
LANDED..........
15-03-2011
Pharoh said:
I'm sure they're not dumb... they know forums like this exist.

What surprises me, is that no CIC employees have volunteered any information (anonymously, of course) such as what different offices are doing, what month they're currently working on, or perhaps sharing how many IO's there are (to give us a better understanding of why it takes so long). I'm guessing they sign some kind of non-disclosure agreement or something.
Keep on dreaming Pharoh...

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
*sing sing, dance dance*

I ordered my CAIPS notes yesterday :) We did it by ourselves and paid 5 bucks :)

I think I did it mainly because i like to set goals and work towards them. i like mile stones and half way points!! this whole process is turning out to be very unpredictable and i don't even know what i'm looking forward to anymore.. lol... PPR? a letter? an email?? a phone call???

CAIPS on the other hand is pretty straight forward and has a 6 week time period. So I do know for certain that I will get some information in about 6 weeks :)

So YAY!! my plan is by the time I get my CAIPS, We will be well into April and closer to May.. Once we're in May, all I have to look forward to is June! yay!

Ok i'm rambling.. lol.. sorry!

Any new news guys??

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
melbell_28 said:
*sing sing, dance dance*

I ordered my CAIPS notes yesterday :) We did it by ourselves and paid 5 bucks :)

I think I did it mainly because i like to set goals and work towards them. i like mile stones and half way points!! this whole process is turning out to be very unpredictable and i don't even know what i'm looking forward to anymore.. lol... PPR? a letter? an email?? a phone call???

CAIPS on the other hand is pretty straight forward and has a 6 week time period. So I do know for certain that I will get some information in about 6 weeks :)

So YAY!! my plan is by the time I get my CAIPS, We will be well into April and closer to May.. Once we're in May, all I have to look forward to is June! yay!

Ok i'm rambling.. lol.. sorry!

Any new news guys??
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you may not get ANY useful information on your CAIPS. I ordered my CAIPS 6 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. Another person ordered theirs at the beginning of January, and haven't gotten it either. The Ottawa office that processes the CAIPS requests is overwhelmed right now.

The CAIPS you receive may contain outdated or no information at all. kelKel from October got her CAIPS notes, ironically a day before or after getting PPR. It didn't contain anything useful or revealing, it was pretty much blank. It said the interview was waived (which she already knew), and that was all.

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
Pharoh said:
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but you may not get ANY useful information on your CAIPS. I ordered my CAIPS 6 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. Another person ordered theirs at the beginning of January, and haven't gotten it either. The Ottawa office that processes the CAIPS requests is overwhelmed right now.

The CAIPS you receive may contain outdated or no information at all. kelKel from October got her CAIPS notes, ironically a day before or after getting PPR. It didn't contain anything useful or revealing, it was pretty much blank. It said the interview was waived (which she already knew), and that was all.
U so rained on my parade pharoh!! lol.. yeah I kinda figured on the info on it.. The thing is our Visa Office gives us ZERO updates. We don't even know if we're in process and the file has been in colombo since late december.. They are generally the type that issue the visa 3 days before the medical expires :(

So any info on it, at least if it is to say that they did recieve the documents submitted as per their request is a good thing because they also have a tendancy to lose things in our file. While you guys recieved the AOR from them with the info on the interview and all, we have heard nothing... It may or may not be in process for all we know..

So if there is some info on there, its worth it.. Plus for 5 bucks i'm not expecting a lot :) Regardless, we know that he won't land here until late June if anything and that's best case scenario.. Worst is Aug-Sep... Better get a file of gibberish that I'm going to have to spend hours translating vs wondering what vodoo our VO is upto :p Also, PPR is generally done within a span of 48 hours for our VO, they call you, tell u to drop off ur PP and once u do, within 24 hours you can collect it :)

I think CAIPS will be a lot faster than PPR for us in any case!!

Hey btw did u ask for copy of ur file when u put in ur CAIPS request?

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
melbell_28 said:
U so rained on my parade pharoh!! lol.. yeah I kinda figured on the info on it.. The thing is our Visa Office gives us ZERO updates. We don't even know if we're in process and the file has been in colombo since late december.. They are generally the type that issue the visa 3 days before the medical expires :(

So any info on it, at least if it is to say that they did recieve the documents submitted as per their request is a good thing because they also have a tendancy to lose things in our file. While you guys recieved the AOR from them with the info on the interview and all, we have heard nothing... It may or may not be in process for all we know..

So if there is some info on there, its worth it.. Plus for 5 bucks i'm not expecting a lot :) Regardless, we know that he won't land here until late June if anything and that's best case scenario.. Worst is Aug-Sep... Better get a file of gibberish that I'm going to have to spend hours translating vs wondering what vodoo our VO is upto :p Also, PPR is generally done within a span of 48 hours for our VO, they call you, tell u to drop off ur PP and once u do, within 24 hours you can collect it :)

I think CAIPS will be a lot faster than PPR for us in any case!!

Hey btw did u ask for copy of ur file when u put in ur CAIPS request?
Ahh, it sounds like CAIPS is a good decision for Colombo. I didn't realize they left you guys in the dark worse than our VO's do.

I didn't request my whole file, just the CAIPS notes. It cost me $30.

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
30 bucks? Ouch.. How come?

apparently there is a huge back log.. I know 2 other ppl (Oct & Aug) who have ordered CAIPS thanks to the Colombo VO.

they are horrid!! you have to stand in line for 4 hours before they let you into submit any docs.. that too in the scorching sun. we have 28 VOs in our office, 4 Canadian and 24 local... I have no idea what they do sitting on their ass all day long...

and the postal system is horrid!! so epic fail when it comes to delivering mail on time.. and soo many public holidays so the office is closed half the year!! and they wonder why there is a back log..

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi melbell
thank god i gt some one with similar situation like mine
our visa office is like the colombo one although they sent us the AOR but nothing was there other than the time they process such visas {22month}
so we decided to order our caips notes but got confused with the form
first i want to ask you
what did u put the first place? your name{hope you are the sponsor} or your spouse's name {hope spouse is the applicant}
and the last place?
and how did u paid the 5$?
did u included the chaque in the forms or you just paid with a bank?
iam confused
thank you in advance

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
Hey,

I found this thread and followed it.. We sent in 2 forms.. 1 was the applicant (my husband who is being sponsored) authroization for me to access info. in that he filled in his details and my personal info and scanned and emailed it back to me..

The other I believe is the form that ur talking about... The top part you have to include your spouse's name. The bottom has to be yours (You have to live in canada to send this)

The authorization form from your spouse has to be included!! and i sent a personal cheque for 5 dollars. Also DONT ORDER A COPY OF YOUR FILE!! JUST THE CAIPS!! Ordering your file may delay the process even more! :(

Given below is the link for the thread that I followed. Very helpful and please follow it step by step. They tell u what parts to check off in the form and what parts to leave out.. Also given are direct links to the form!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?topic=11124.0

Good luck and let me know how it goes :)

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
thank you melbell
one more question
what about if i just write a latter consent my spouse to order the caips?