Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Well upon further (closer) review of our GCMS notes, I was able to decipher that Buffalo notes show:
"Relationship appears Bona Fide. Mar cert on file. Recommend Waiver of Intvw"

PLEASE tell me that this means we absolutely don't need interview? It was updated on August 2, and included details on how we met and got married etc.

The interview part is certainly a relief but i'm having issues understanding the medical section where it says, "IME STATUS: NOT STARTED". huh??

either way... i'm going to my MP's office Monday morning and the lady on his staff that deals with immigration has agreed to try to help me, even though she's never actually looked at an actual file... /crossing fingers.

I really hope this means we're almost done.

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
Well in light of the GCMS notes we received, we went back to our MP's office and they did another inquiry for us (even though they said to come back to see them after Sept).

The visa officer told her that we have been approved and the file is complete with the exception of the final review which is currently pending. We had a bring forward date for the final review of September 1. We were told that the officer has 30 days from the BF date to look at our file again which means next week :D. The visa officer advised our MP's office to call back the first week of October if we haven't heard anything by then.

So... it sounds like we won't have an issue being approved and getting a PR... we just have to wait for them to get around to doing it. At least that's what I hope. It all sounds very positive, I just feel like we're spinning our wheels, if the file is complete... why can't they just stamp it and say... WELCOME TO CANADA!! lol

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds great. What about the medical assessment, was that changed from "not started" to "in progress"?
jayde said:
Well in light of the GCMS notes we received, we went back to our MP's office and they did another inquiry for us (even though they said to come back to see them after Sept).

The visa officer told her that we have been approved and the file is complete with the exception of the final review which is currently pending. We had a bring forward date for the final review of September 1. We were told that the officer has 30 days from the BF date to look at our file again which means next week :D. The visa officer advised our MP's office to call back the first week of October if we haven't heard anything by then.

So... it sounds like we won't have an issue being approved and getting a PR... we just have to wait for them to get around to doing it. At least that's what I hope. It all sounds very positive, I just feel like we're spinning our wheels, if the file is complete... why can't they just stamp it and say... WELCOME TO CANADA!! lol

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
She said that they told her the medicals are complete and approved... so the GCMS notes were not updated I guess? They also assure her that my husband's address has changed to my address but the GCMS notes still show his old address. I'm going to have to trust that she got the best info.

It does bother me though that the GCMS notes don't really show what is happening on the file.

JustandDaph

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Hi everyone! My husband just got his Visa back in the mail today! Quick question for those who have landed or looking to land...

The plan is for me to fly down to Florida and drive with hubs up back to Toronto, now I'm pondering on whether we should purchase travel insurance for the ride up and also for the 3 months he won't be covered by OHIP?

Has anyone purchased a third party insurance for the 3 month wait until OHIP kicks in?

ooh...another question...Should I get a one-way ticket to fly down to Florida and risk sending red flags with the border officer or get a round trip flight? Of course the one-way ticket is much cheaper...

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
I emailed my MP and the woman who responded has agreed to look into our file despite the fact that it hasn't been 11 months.. So here's hoping we get some real information soon. I am concerned. She thinks it might be the Military history holding us up too. Which makes no sense to me, if you were honourably discharged it shouldn't even be an issue as far as I'm concerned.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Bumping Up!!!

Hopefully some good news for those still waiting!!! PM me if possible, so I can update the info....been crazy busy now that I work straight days, evenings are crazy around here now that school is back, and kids activities have started!!!

wefeia

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
tel aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2011 (approved)
Doc's Request.
June 2nd, 2011
AOR Received.
June 2nd 2011
File Transfer...
May 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
April 25 2015
i just got back from visiting my husband in Palestine for a month and a half. Nothing has changed in our application. :( it felt terrible to leave him there.

i sent in the application for the CAIP notes back on AUG15th and requested they be emailed to me but i have not recieved anything yet. is it normal to take this long? is there a number i can call to inquire about the status of my CAIP notes application?

any information would be appreciated.

Oh, and congratulations to all of u who have recieved theyre PPR or already landed.

I feel like theres hardly anyone from March left waiting except for me.

tulamoon

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
--
AOR Received.
--
Med's Done....
25-02-2011
Interview........
--
Passport Req..
--
VISA ISSUED...
--
LANDED..........
--
Well my MP got back to me and said this... I think she might work for for the CIC haha its almost identical to the responses you get when you email buffalo.

"I was able to determine that XXXX application is in process and following expected processing times. As mentioned, this may take up to 48-52 weeks from receipt of the application. If further investigation or information is required this processing time may be extended."

So that's balls. :mad:

kduran1972

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
15-12-2010
wefeia said:
i just got back from visiting my husband in Palestine for a month and a half. Nothing has changed in our application. :( it felt terrible to leave him there.

i sent in the application for the CAIP notes back on AUG15th and requested they be emailed to me but i have not recieved anything yet. is it normal to take this long? is there a number i can call to inquire about the status of my CAIP notes application?

any information would be appreciated.

Oh, and congratulations to all of u who have received theyre PPR or already landed.

I feel like theres hardly anyone from March left waiting except for me.
Hi there, don't worry you're not the only one left from March. I'm sponsoring my husband who lives in Chile and we still have no new updates. Ecas still says app was received on March 9, 2011. I did go see my MP last week and he made an enquiry to his contacts in Ottawa so I should have some info by next week.

I also ordered the CAIPS notes about a month ago but still haven't received anything yet by email. I was told it takes about 5 weeks. So you should be receiving something this week or by next week.

I'll be visiting my hubby in Chile in 2 weeks and staying with him for a month. I'm hoping we'll have some good news by then. :D

Good Luck!!

ankhm

Mar 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2011
File Transfer...
21-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2011
LANDED..........
09-09-2011
Hello March-ers,

Just wanted to share my stats.

July 26, 2011 - PPR via e-mail from Tokyo Office
July 27 - sent my passport to Tokyo via Canada Post
August 29 - landing visa issued
September 07 - received my passport via Canada Post
September 09 - landing, phew

Hope good news will arrive to all soon! :)

KristinB15

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
I just want to encourage you who are still waiting. My husband is processing through Nairobi which appears to be the visa office with the longest waiting time and he will be landing in 3 weeks!!! We got our PPR on August 18th submitted on September 14th and picked up the passport on Sept 27.

Thinking about all of you who are still waiting, I know it is hard! Have faith, it will all be over soon hopefully!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
KristinB15 said:
I just want to encourage you who are still waiting. My husband is processing through Nairobi which appears to be the visa office with the longest waiting time and he will be landing in 3 weeks!!! We got our PPR on August 18th submitted on September 14th and picked up the passport on Sept 27.

Thinking about all of you who are still waiting, I know it is hard! Have faith, it will all be over soon hopefully!
Wow! That is quite wonderful! Almost a miracle... lol I cannot believe how fast it was for you! Congratulations! :D

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
Added people and updated the spreadsheet!!!

Let me know if there are changes or additions.....*fingers crossed for everyone waiting*

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
I'm going to re-post what I put in the Buffalo thread...

ohhhhmigod!!

We've been having issues with Buffalo. They informed my mp's office that they were requesting medicals, but the medicals were all passed etc. So we inquired with the Ottawa Medical Examiner's office, and they said a box wasn't checked off, but that our medicals were passed and should have been on file in Feb. She gave me a phone number for the officer and said to have the MPs office call her directly. I passed on the info to my MPs office and held my breath. We also sent a case specific inquiry with our IME numbers etc.

My MPs office phoned today, her first statement was, "did you get an email from Buffalo yesterday?" I said, no... nothing has been received, why?

She said... "They informed me that they sent a REQUEST FOR A PASSPORT BY EMAIL YESTERDAY!!!"

OMG!!

The e-mail isn't here, (I have a suspicion that they did NOT properly update our address change) and she is going to ask them to resend it to the correct address. Hopefully we will have something by next week, but at least we know that the end is near! HOLY CRAP!!! I was expecting another two months of waiting while they sorted out the medical issues, but Ottawa was so offended that they were requesting more medical info despite the recommendation that we were clear, that I am guessing they helped push things along for us. The medical exam office was VERY helpful.

OMG... pinch me... no wait... don't pinch me... if it's a dream, I don't want to wake up!!!

... I think the MP's assistant might have felt uncomfortable when I told her I love her though... hmmm..../ponder

So... this doesn't qualify for as a PPR but close right?