14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Ambber29 said:
Hi guys,

Here is my story.
I was told that my file was sent in July.
I visited the lawyer office on July.10. Everything was complete and his assistant told me that she is going to mail in just three four days. She said she just needs to prepare the cover letter. I checked the file and everything was complete except she needed to re-print few pages.
I called again on July.14/2011 and she said that your file has been submitted.
I emailed the lawyer on July.27/2011 and he confirmed that the case has been submitted (I still have his email)
Anyways I let you guys know that CIC received my file on July.14/2011.
You guys were receiving emails already. I did not and they were already working on July.11/2011. I thought to call CIC and they could not find anything. I called the assistant again. I asked her to let me know the date when CIC received the file (She said it was registered mail). She said she will check it for me when I come to her office to submit his FBI report. I said I will visit in few days. FBI report is not that important at this stage. She asked me to hold and she checked the date. I knew she said July.14/2011 a month ago but I still wanted to confirm the date. She now changed the date. She said it says July.18/2011 on your cover letter and CIC received on July.20/2011. Anyways now they were working on July.20/2011 and July.21/2011. You guys were receiving emails and I decided to call CIC. They still can not find me. I called the assistant again after almost two weeks. I said are you sure this is the date. She forgets always what she told me last time and this time she said it is August.23/2011. I got made. They holded my file for two months and she lied to me. I mentioned why did u lie to me. She said I did not. We sent on July.18/2011 but CIC received on August.23/2011. I said it is not possible. I told her I will talk to the lawyer now.
I found the email that I received from him on July.27 (where he said your case has been submitted) and I replied him and I told him everything his assistant has been doing. He replied me. He said I am making dates up and they did not lie. He also said that we are not your slaves. Anyways all I wanted to know when CIC received my file. I could have done everything on my own. Now I do not know if I belong to July group or August group. I was hoping that my husband will be here by December or January but does not look like. I have not told him all this :( Just dont want him to be sad.
So sorry to hear that! :(

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Ambber29 said:
Hi guys,

Here is my story.
I visited the lawyer office on July.10. Everything was complete and his assistant told me that she is going to mail in just three four days. She said she just needs to prepare the cover letter. I checked the file and everything was complete except she needed to re-print few pages.
I emailed the lawyer on July.27/2011 and he confirmed that the case has been submitted (I still have his email)
You guys were receiving emails already. I did not and they were already working on July.11/2011. I thought to call CIC and they could not find anything. I called the assistant again. I asked her to let me know the date when CIC received the file (She said it was registered mail). She said she will check it for me when I come to her office to submit his FBI report. I said I will visit in few days. FBI report is not that important at this stage. She asked me to hold and she checked the date. I knew she said July.14/2011 a month ago but I still wanted to confirm the date. She now changed the date. She said it says July.18/2011 on your cover letter and CIC received on July.20/2011. Anyways now they were working on July.20/2011 and July.21/2011. You guys were receiving emails and I decided to call CIC. They still can not find me. I called the assistant again after almost two weeks. I said are you sure this is the date. She forgets always what she told me last time and this time she said it is August.23/2011. I got made. They holded my file for two months and she lied to me. I mentioned why did u lie to me. She said I did not. We sent on July.18/2011 but CIC received on August.23/2011. I said it is not possible. I told her I will talk to the lawyer now.
I found the email that I received from him on July.27 (where he said your case has been submitted) and I replied him and I told him everything his assistant has been doing. He replied me. He said I am making dates up and they did not lie. He also said that we are not your slaves. Anyways all I wanted to know when CIC received my file. I could have done everything on my own. Now I do not know if I belong to July group or August group. I was hoping that my husband will be here by December or January but does not look like. I have not told him all this :( Just dont want him to be sad.
I have a similar story unfortunately, November last year my wife and I decided to hire a lawyer to help us out ( biggest mistake ever ). Lies after lies, our application was also supposedly sent in March 2011 and until July 2011 we didn't hear anything at all from Mississauga. We called numerous times and they would tell us to wait a couple of weeks,and at last they told us that they have never received any application from us or with our names. So basically ended up wasting good couple of months waiting for nothing!!!! My wife and I quickly re-did the whole thing,medical,police certificate,pictures,etc etc etc, we finally sent it in August, and here we are waiting! We were also hoping to be together by the end of the year, but with this huge delay, not possible!
I think I learned something from this bad experience, don't ask someone else to do something that you can do by yourself!

Hope everything goes smooth for you now!

Maid_Marian

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/07/2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
I have a question: looking at the forms, there's nowhere we were asked for my boyfriend's email. So, how is it that some people have got email confirmations? Does anyone know on which form you gave your sponsor's email?

I think this may be why I haven't heard, they must be sending a letter if they don't have his email. I am going out of my mind...

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
sixrogue said:
Congrats to MandyUK and all you peeps that have been approved! You give the rest of us hope!

With much anticipation,
sixrogue from the August group
Thanks and yes you are the next in queue so be patient :)

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maid_Marian said:
I have a question: looking at the forms, there's nowhere we were asked for my boyfriend's email. So, how is it that some people have got email confirmations? Does anyone know on which form you gave your sponsor's email?

I think this may be why I haven't heard, they must be sending a letter if they don't have his email. I am going out of my mind...
Yes there were on the generic form under contact information or where u wrote the address and phone number a part was there for email

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
Ambber29 said:
Hi guys,

Here is my story.

Its ok now. Keep your spirit high. These problems are faced by every other person so don't be too much mad.
Eat a lot and relax :)

angelmoon

Jul 13, 2011
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm sponsoring my husband and we both live in the UK - so when we went to send our application the post office told us they could only track it up until it entered Canada so according to tracking it arrived in Canada on July 20th I'm assuming it took at least a couple of days to arrive at Mississauga but I suppose it could have been all the way until Monday the 25th so we're waiting with baited breath!!! Still nothing when I try to log onto CAS and I can't call because I'm not in Canada! The waiting is killing me!! What's worse is, I'm really not sure if I'm going to be approved because I haven't worked for the past four years, I've been raising our two young children, however I do plan on working as soon as we move back to Canada and I put that in writing plus we are staying with family for free until we both get jobs and I put that in writing as well... I hope I hope I hope!!! ???

mercur

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Hi Guys, I just received my approval email. I almost can't beleave it!!!

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
Ambber29 said:
Hi guys,

Here is my story.

Amber that is so unprofessional of them, its amazing that they would sit on your application for so long. That is one of the reasons that we did not use lawyers, they have no personal investment and when things go wrong, its your fault. I suppose they were still happy to take your cheque though. Are these people not regulated? Can you not complain to an independent party?

mercur

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Amber, I learned from experience that a Lawyer should be used only and I mean Only if it's really necessary. I've used lawyers or should I say Liars many times and every time I fired them and I did better job myself ( maybe I should become one :D). I've represented myself in small claim court, in family court, for traffic violations and now in the immigration and I always started with a lawyer and finished by myself and I always won. These people are only after your money and they don't care whatsoever about you- the client.

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
Agreed mercur, I always feel like what it must be like in a shark tank, when am around lawyers. And congrats on the approval. :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
sixrogue said:
Congrats to MandyUK and all you peeps that have been approved! You give the rest of us hope!

With much anticipation,
sixrogue from the August group
Thank you, Im keeping everything crossed that it all goes quickly and smoothly for everyone. ;D

mercur

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Let's see who is the laziest officer. The emails are signed by an officer. Mine was signed by Officer ELA. It took 73 Days to get the approval email.

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
mercur said:
Hi Guys, I just received my approval email. I almost can't beleave it!!!
CONGRATSSSS. :)