Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Selena said:
I emailed Damascus and no reply at all!! Nothing new and my application is going on to 6 months. I am not sure what else to do... Any ideas or do i just wait??

You have 2 options you can either wait. or you can call them up and see whats happening. you still have 1 more month to process.....

Good luck.

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
I received an email today, and....this is what it said:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

It is the responsibility of a Canadian sponsor residing abroad to satisfy the visa officer that she will reside in Canada with the applicant once she becomes a permanent resident of Canada. After having reviewed the information presented with your application, I have concerns regarding your sponsor's intention to return to Canada. Please provide evidence to the effect that your sponsor intends to re-establish in Canada.

As evidence, please answer the following questions and provide all of the supportive documents:

- Your sponsor has been living in Lebanon since 2006. Please have your sponsor explain what is her motivation to re-establish in Canada at this point in time.

- A written submission in which your sponsor explains in detail what she has done to date to prepare herself to resume residency in Canada. Evidence should be provided that she has taken steps to find a new job or establish a business, find accommodation, etc. We have a copy of a lease in your file as well as a copy of a job offer for your sponsor. However, since the same documents were also provided in your previous application in 2007, I have concerns regarding their validity. Please have your sponsor providing us with accurate documents. If she has maintained this apartment, please have her provide evidence of monthly payments.

- Any other proof that she may deem pertinent.

- Please complete the attached Military Service Form and indicate every period you have had an active role with the Army since you have become a reservist.

Please be award of your medical expiry date which is May 18, 2010

How can I explain that I will be going back to Canada?? And what is the point of this Military Service Form?? And... should my husband redo his medical and send it with the other papers being sent?? Plz help

LouisaMarie

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2009
Doc's Request.
04-16-2010
Selena, it sounds like they're delaying the process of your application until they see that you've returned to Canada and intend to stay there.

In order to sponsor a spouse into Canada, you HAVE to live in Canada. You're allowed to go visit your husband, but as long as you continue to LIVE in Lebanon they probably won't finish your application..... so you might want to consider going back to Canada as soon as possible.

I'm sponsoring my husband who is in Lebanon and I haven't seen him in almost two years. It's hard.... but unless we get denied PR, I'm staying in Canada so that the application processes without any problems.

LouisaMarie

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2009
Doc's Request.
04-16-2010
And the Military service form allows immigration to determine if and when your husband has been involved in any military service, militia or war criminal type of activity (If applicable)

They want to make sure that even if your husband may pass criminal record screening, that he wasn't involved in any criminal activity with the army as well.

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
hey Louisa, thnx for replying.... I went to buy a ticket today and I am planning on leaving but is it 100% chance that my husband will get his visa?? And will they give it to him right away???

mingus

Star Member
Aug 30, 2008
I went to buy a ticket today and I am planning on leaving but is it 100% chance that my husband will get his visa?? And will they give it to him right away???
Sorry to tell you, but there is never a 100% chance that anyone will get a visa. Like wise, if he gets one, no one can say how soon he will get it.

You do not have to go back to Canada to prove your intent to live there. What you do need is a plan and show it to them. A job offer for you or a rental agreement showing that you have a place is a start. Where do you plan to live when you go back,what do either of you plan to do for work, What is your future plans in Canada? This is what they want to see. If you are planning to live with family for example, provided immigration with a letter from them saying that they have agreed to house you till you find your own place. If you have a large savings and plan to live off of that for a while, provide them with a bank statement.

What I am trying to say is you do not have to physically be in Canada to sponser your spouse, but you sure have to prove to them that your plans are to move and live in Canada once he gets his visa.

LouisaMarie

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2009
Doc's Request.
04-16-2010
So in other words..... yes, it is BETTER to actually live in Canada so that you do not have to go to all the trouble of proving that you do (or will) once he gets his visa, ergo, my point was partly correct.

spring.m

Jan 12, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus...Syria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*** HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ***
passport request arrives! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

REQUEST FOR SUBMISSION OF PASSPORTS

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in the final stages of processing and request that you send ORIGINAL valid passport, for yourself, to our office in Damascus, Syria. Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Your passport MUST be received at our Embassy in Damascus no later than 30 days from the date of this letter.

nola

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats to you..

That is Happy news :)

And wish... GOOD LUCK for Selena ;)

Selena

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Thankyou very much Nola! I am leaving to Canada on April 17th and hopefully will have good news soon after~~ I hope it wont be long after for my husband to get his visa because our daughter is very attatched to her father!!

nola

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks God .. Thanks God :)

Today my husband got email asking for his passport :

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are now in the final stages of processing and request that you send ORIGINAL valid passport for yourself to our office in Damascus, Syria. Please note, this does not guarantee that a visa will be issued.

Your passports MUST be received at our Embassy in Damascus no later than 30 days from the date of this letter. You are strongly encouraged to send your passport via courier (If this service is available in your country) to avoid wait times at the Embassy.

:)

Thanks for every body......

wish you the best luck....

do not worry SELENA,THE DAY is coming ...I will pray for you :)

Take care..

LouisaMarie

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2009
Doc's Request.
04-16-2010
Awesome, Congrats Nola :D

Everyone is getting the email now for the passport, woohoo... We sent ours in a few weeks after all of you did so I hope we're next :D:D:D

EgyCan

Apr 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
07-01-2010
File Transfer...
31-01-2010
Passport Req..
??-??-2010
Hello,

Another person in the line ;D

LouisaMarie

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2009
Doc's Request.
04-16-2010
UGH,

We just got an email with a request for various missing documents.

Part of this request was for my 2007 notice of assessment.

When I filed my application, they asked for the previous years' assessment which would have been for 2008 because we sent our application in October, 2009. I was approved to sponsor him.

If I send them my 2007 notice, it shows that I received income assistance (But I went off income assistance February, 2008 and haven't been back on it since)

Given the fact that I have already satisfied immigration and met the criteria to sponsor my husband and been approved, I don't feel that the Damascus office should even be asking me for my 2007 assessment...... Can anyone tell me if they can cancel my sponsorship based on this or if it really matters?

EgyCan

Apr 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
DAM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
07-01-2010
File Transfer...
31-01-2010
Passport Req..
??-??-2010
LouisaMarie said:
UGH,

We just got an email with a request for various missing documents.

Part of this request was for my 2007 notice of assessment.

When I filed my application, they asked for the previous years' assessment which would have been for 2008 because we sent our application in October, 2009. I was approved to sponsor him.

If I send them my 2007 notice, it shows that I received income assistance (But I went off income assistance February, 2008 and haven't been back on it since)

Given the fact that I have already satisfied immigration and met the criteria to sponsor my husband and been approved, I don't feel that the Damascus office should even be asking me for my 2007 assessment...... Can anyone tell me if they can cancel my sponsorship based on this or if it really matters?
Are you the sponsor? This is very strange! Financial assessment should be over once your application leaves Canada!

CPC_M is the office responsible to say Yes you can sponsor or No you can't!

I can't imagine that they will refuse it while you live in Canada. Send it but also send copies from your last period pay stabs. This means you have a job, or send them your 2009 tax assessment if you received it by now.

This is all I can say, hope it is helpful and good luck. :-X