+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

G&G

Feb 19, 2020
Hi everyone, common law app just transferred to Sydney today! Timeline so far is in my signature

tasha23

Nov 6, 2019
Hi guys! I have an urgent question regarding what's happening around the world at the moment.
As you guys know, Canadian gov has closed their borders at the moment and only Canadian PR, immediate family member (dependents, children, common-law partner, spouse, etc) of Canadian Citizens, and Canadian Citizens can only enter the border.
I received my COPR and the counterfoil on my passport 19th November 2019, and due to land in Canada by 26th of June 2020 (COPR expiry date).

I'm just wondering if I'm accounted as Canadian Permanent Resident or not yet as I haven't landed there? Had any of you guys has landed there and face the same situation? Will we able to come in?
If any of you got some information about it, please let me know.

At the moment, many people are scrambling around trying to get back to Canada before the situation is getting worse.

P.S : I'm very sorry if this is out of topic, I'm also based in sydney, australia and wondering if anyone has the same situation. I'm panicking right now, we're flying on this Sunday and still unsure if I can still come in.

Any information will be much appreciated!!
Thanks guys! Cheers xx

Mar 22, 2020
Hi guys! I have an urgent question regarding what's happening around the world at the moment.
As you guys know, Canadian gov has closed their borders at the moment and only Canadian PR, immediate family member (dependents, children, common-law partner, spouse, etc) of Canadian Citizens, and Canadian Citizens can only enter the border.
I received my COPR and the counterfoil on my passport 19th November 2019, and due to land in Canada by 26th of June 2020 (COPR expiry date).

I'm just wondering if I'm accounted as Canadian Permanent Resident or not yet as I haven't landed there? Had any of you guys has landed there and face the same situation? Will we able to come in?
If any of you got some information about it, please let me know.

At the moment, many people are scrambling around trying to get back to Canada before the situation is getting worse.

P.S : I'm very sorry if this is out of topic, I'm also based in sydney, australia and wondering if anyone has the same situation. I'm panicking right now, we're flying on this Sunday and still unsure if I can still come in.

Any information will be much appreciated!!
Thanks guys! Cheers xx
Hi!!

You can enter since your application was approved before 16th March 2020, when the travel ban came into effect. I don't have the official link with me.

Also, can you tell me how much time did it take to get your passport back once you sent it to VFS Sydney?

I have received my PPR & sent my passport.

Thanks!!

G&G

Feb 19, 2020
Hey everyone! We received a request via email for 3 additional police certificates + supplementary travel history form but there were no instructions on how to submit the documents. Also our gckey hasn't been updated so there's nowhere to upload.

If this has happened to anyone did Sydney require you to mail in originals or were scans uploaded through webform acceptable? We haven't had any luck getting in contact with the VO.

Riqas

Feb 10, 2020
Hey everyone! We received a request via email for 3 additional police certificates + supplementary travel history form but there were no instructions on how to submit the documents. Also our gckey hasn't been updated so there's nowhere to upload.

If this has happened to anyone did Sydney require you to mail in originals or were scans uploaded through webform acceptable? We haven't had any luck getting in contact with the VO.
Hi, last week they asked to submit the supplementary travel history and we replied to the same email. And, after few days gckey was updated as documents received.

G&G

Feb 19, 2020
Hi, last week they asked to submit the supplementary travel history and we replied to the same email. And, after few days gckey was updated as documents received.
Great, we'll try that and only mail originals if asked. Thank you, happy waiting!

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello. Anyone here waiting for an interview from Sydney,Australia VO?im waiting from april 1st. they didnt even tell me when the interview will happen. Just email that they are not conducting international interviews. That too back in October

rujuta1991

Sep 7, 2020
Anyone here received PPR in 2021?

My AOR is 30th November 2020 and came to know my VO is Sydney, Australia.

I tried to email them but got auto reply. Is there any way I can know the status of my application except GCMS?

Thank you.

Sandy1310

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Hi house,
Every thing is completed on my new portal. Background check, medical, eligibility everything. Received Pre- arrival as well, and its been 3 weeks since no update.
Anyone having or had the same experience, please share!
thanks in advance