waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
ellybec said:
I'm going for my COPR interview later this week at a CIC office in Vancouver. Does anyone know if this means that I will be landing there? Or will I need to do a border run? What is the process after getting COPR?
I'm fairly certain it would be like the Inland application landing, do they tell you to bring 2 photos, passport and updated information chart?
If so, then you would be landing there and would not need to do the border run.
After the interview, the officer would fill out your COPR, you'd sign and initial where necessary and they'll send it off with your photos to the place where they process the PR card. You'll be entered in the system as landed. For a SIN number (they don't hand out cards anymore, it's just on a sheet of paper) If it's at a Service Canada location then you'd get it there.

Kreckles

Dec 16, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Just been reading the last few posts and i think most of my questions have ben answered but just wanted to post to understand how to go about the application process. (Aussam - it looks like you may have gone through the same process?)

I'm 34, Australian and here with work on a Inter Company Transfer Visa valid for 3 years (moved over in March 2014 with the same company i worked for in Sydney). I live with my Canadian girlfriend and we have lived together for over a year and a half in Toronto and Sydney and been together for over 2 years with the intention of staying in Canada.

We qualify for common law and we have loads and loads of proof (knowing that the day would come one day depending on which country we would decide to live in!). However, inland applicatons look like a 16 month wait for them to even assess the application let alone start processsing. Outland looks the way to go through Sydney but i wanted to understand what do i need to do to do this? The Canadian immigration website seems to be relatively prescriptive in that if you are in Canada you need to apply inland?

How can i apply through Sydney and avoid the wait times? 6 months sounds a LOT better than 2 years!

Thanks for your help in advance

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
Kreckles said:
Hi Everyone,

Just been reading the last few posts and i think most of my questions have ben answered but just wanted to post to understand how to go about the application process. (Aussam - it looks like you may have gone through the same process?)

I'm 34, Australian and here with work on a Inter Company Transfer Visa valid for 3 years (moved over in March 2014 with the same company i worked for in Sydney). I live with my Canadian girlfriend and we have lived together for over a year and a half in Toronto and Sydney and been together for over 2 years with the intention of staying in Canada.

We qualify for common law and we have loads and loads of proof (knowing that the day would come one day depending on which country we would decide to live in!). However, inland applicatons look like a 16 month wait for them to even assess the application let alone start processsing. Outland looks the way to go through Sydney but i wanted to understand what do i need to do to do this? The Canadian immigration website seems to be relatively prescriptive in that if you are in Canada you need to apply inland?

How can i apply through Sydney and avoid the wait times? 6 months sounds a LOT better than 2 years!

Thanks for your help in advance
It's actually quite easy to apply outland even if you are in Canada :)

You just need to ensure you complete the applications for living outside Canada and select Sydney Australia as your visa office on the application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

Aussam

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
In Process as of 15-09-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
29-11-2014
Yep as yokies said, apply outland and put your home address as your Canadian address. Then, depending on how straight forward it is, it will either go to Sydney, Mississauga or Ottawa and should get it in a few months.

Also, if you are into Aussie Rules, check out http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?assoc=7394 and find a team near you!
Pretty competitive but good social gathering of Aussies.

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 & 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
Thanks Aussam for the link... My husband will be happy!!! :)

Annaj

May 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval (SA) : 10-31-2014
AOR Received.
10-31-2014
File Transfer...
Meant to be transferred to Sydney, stayed in Mississauga
Med's Done....
09/09/2014
Kiwi123 what date did cic receive your PPR? you haven't received COPR yet have you?

Mine was received on Dec third and now just waiting on them to send out my COPR. What's the average time it normally takes to get it?

Kreckles

Dec 16, 2014
Aussam said:
Yep as yokies said, apply outland and put your home address as your Canadian address. Then, depending on how straight forward it is, it will either go to Sydney, Mississauga or Ottawa and should get it in a few months.

Also, if you are into Aussie Rules, check out foxsportspulse and find a team near you!
Pretty competitive but good social gathering of Aussies.
Thanks everyone! Really helpful and has put our minds at ease! Going to apply early in the new year so hopefully will have it by the summer! :)

ellybec

Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-19-2014
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-19-2014
LANDED..........
12-19-2014
Aussam said:
I'm fairly certain it would be like the Inland application landing, do they tell you to bring 2 photos, passport and updated information chart?
If so, then you would be landing there and would not need to do the border run.
After the interview, the officer would fill out your COPR, you'd sign and initial where necessary and they'll send it off with your photos to the place where they process the PR card. You'll be entered in the system as landed. For a SIN number (they don't hand out cards anymore, it's just on a sheet of paper) If it's at a Service Canada location then you'd get it there.
Thanks. I went to get my COPR today, and it pretty much went down exactly the way you described it.

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
Annaj said:
Kiwi123 what date did cic receive your PPR? you haven't received COPR yet have you?

Mine was received on Dec third and now just waiting on them to send out my COPR. What's the average time it normally takes to get it?
I landed in NZ to an email from Canada Post telling me they delivered it to me this morning. Wonderful timing!!!! I know its good news, but so frustrating it feels like bad news. Oh well I guess we are off to Vegas in the new year for a weekend!! I think they would have received my Passport on the 4th.

seeking

Nov 27, 2014
FBI Fingerprint service

Hi All,
Would anyone here know where to go to get the fingerprint form done within Sydney?

Also is the below form the correct one to us? I need all these done for USA police cert..

fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/fd-258-1
many thanks

Annaj

May 28, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval (SA) : 10-31-2014
AOR Received.
10-31-2014
File Transfer...
Meant to be transferred to Sydney, stayed in Mississauga
Med's Done....
09/09/2014
kiwi123 said:
I landed in NZ to an email from Canada Post telling me they delivered it to me this morning. Wonderful timing!!!! I know its good news, but so frustrating it feels like bad news. Oh well I guess we are off to Vegas in the new year for a weekend!! I think they would have received my Passport on the 4th.
Well that's exciting its confirmed you have it! It would be good if you coul get someone to grab it from your mailbox and xpress post it to you in nz so you can land on your way back. Well I hope that means I will be getting mine really soon too!

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
Annaj said:
Well that's exciting its confirmed you have it! It would be good if you coul get someone to grab it from your mailbox and xpress post it to you in nz so you can land on your way back. Well I hope that means I will be getting mine really soon too!
Not here for long, I just don't think I will get it on time, especially with all the public holidays, then I'm worse off.

ameliawelsh

May 14, 2014
Hi All,

Have just sent in our application today! Reading through this thread has definitely helped, so thank you all for your comments! I am just wanting to make sure this was right: from what I can see there is new processing procedures for Out of Canada Spousal applications. In the form where you used to specify which office you wanted your application to be assessed in (i.e. I would want Sydney, Australia) this option is no longer available in Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 008). I had asked an immigration advisor who has said yes the process has changed...also from this thread I can see a lot of people have had there applications processed in Mississiagua or within Canada instead.

I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this change to the form (it has changed from November) - and whether I should have stated elsewhere that I would still prefer it to be assessed at the Sydney Office? I am still classified as an 'Out of Canada' application by using the requisite forms, but just curious what people think about this!

I can see most of the applications here were made before the change in form from November so this question probably hasn't applied to many people yet :D But any thoughts or suggestions on the change would be greatly appreciated!

Good Luck to all, and thanks again :D

Amelia

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
ameliawelsh said:
Hi All,

Have just sent in our application today! Reading through this thread has definitely helped, so thank you all for your comments! I am just wanting to make sure this was right: from what I can see there is new processing procedures for Out of Canada Spousal applications. In the form where you used to specify which office you wanted your application to be assessed in (i.e. I would want Sydney, Australia) this option is no longer available in Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 008). I had asked an immigration advisor who has said yes the process has changed...also from this thread I can see a lot of people have had there applications processed in Mississiagua or within Canada instead.

I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this change to the form (it has changed from November) - and whether I should have stated elsewhere that I would still prefer it to be assessed at the Sydney Office? I am still classified as an 'Out of Canada' application by using the requisite forms, but just curious what people think about this!

I can see most of the applications here were made before the change in form from November so this question probably hasn't applied to many people yet :D But any thoughts or suggestions on the change would be greatly appreciated!

Good Luck to all, and thanks again :D

Amelia
It looks like the forms have changed because previously you would have stated Sydney, Australia, however if you are using the out of canada forms I can see you have to put your citizenship information on the updated version so I think this is what they use to determine the Visa office it will go to. If your case is simple then chances are it will remain in Canada and go to Mississauga like it has for some people otherwise they will just send it to Sydney Australia.

ameliawelsh

May 14, 2014
yokies said:
It looks like the forms have changed because previously you would have stated Sydney, Australia, however if you are using the out of canada forms I can see you have to put your citizenship information on the updated version so I think this is what they use to determine the Visa office it will go to. If your case is simple then chances are it will remain in Canada and go to Mississauga like it has for some people otherwise they will just send it to Sydney Australia.
Awesome - yip makes sense. Thanks for that!!