+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

jen123

Dec 7, 2012
:) ;) :D ;D just checked ecas and We are In Process!!!! I'm so thrilled and hope we have everything in order!!! Has anyone heard of them request any other documents once at this stage?? Better finish scanning that passport!!! Movement in the list! Good news!!!!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
crassy said:
I'm actually not anxious at all. I have enough to keep me busy what with being a mum and doing a post grad degree. The 'going a bit nuts' statement was in reference to me trying to figure this out.

I am just wondering why the letter says that I should contact them if I have not heard within 16 weeks when the website says 9 months. It would appear that I am not explaining myself properly here. And by nearly 6 months I meant from the time it was received for stage 1 processing. I also realise I am well within the time frame, that was not my question. My question pertains solely to the 16 week thing in the letter (particularly since in the letter it is bolded and the 'unless' is in capital letters exactly as I have transcribed it for my post).
If it's been 16 weeks then just email a case-specific email. Mght prompt them to move a bit faster on your file. I didn't receive a letter, but that's what I did after not hearing anything after sending requested extra docs and it wasn't even the 16 weeks mark.

Edited to add: they probably put it there because of people like me emailing at the drop of a hat asking for receipt that they received requested docs, or something of that nature. Haha. I wouldn't stress about the 16 week point too much

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
We've just gone in process as well, as of the 12th according to CIC! Woohoo! I've updated the spreadsheet.

freezing_aussie

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
chipits and jen123, great news! Wonderful to see so much progress in the Sydney office this past week.

Robhi

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-10-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
jen123 said:
:) ;) :D ;D just checked ecas and We are In Process!!!! I'm so thrilled and hope we have everything in order!!! Has anyone heard of them request any other documents once at this stage?? Better finish scanning that passport!!! Movement in the list! Good news!!!!
Congrats jen123, that's wonderful! I noticed you didn't have a "Stage 2 AOR" date in the spreadsheet but that you've gone "in process" nonetheless. Did they never send you an email about it? We're in the same boat so now I'm wondering if they don't always bother to send out the Stage 2 email?

Vipulpatel

Mar 14, 2013
Hi guys I live in Australia on temporary visa and my wife sponsored me for spouse visa from canada. We applied in October 2012 and my Australian visa is going to expire in may. So I am going back to my country. So if I change my address and country from ECAS and go back to my country does my spouse visa process step 2 start from beginning or it will continue? Please help urgent......

jen123

Dec 7, 2012
Robhi said:
Congrats jen123, that's wonderful! I noticed you didn't have a "Stage 2 AOR" date in the spreadsheet but that you've gone "in process" nonetheless. Did they never send you an email about it? We're in the same boat so now I'm wondering if they don't always bother to send out the Stage 2 email?
Thanks Robhi and Freezing Ozzie!!
I am not sure what stage 2 aor is? We just got an email once our application arrived in Sydney at the end of October. Is this all you received? Hope yours moves along soon too Robhi, did you get an in process too yet?

jen123

Dec 7, 2012
Hello, just going I get our ppr request soon and have a question if anyone can help. Can you email the passport copy as a Jpeg photo. I can't figure out how to make a PDF from the scanned photo. Also, does anyone know the max size that you can email them the copy of the passport?

Robhi

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-10-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
Vipulpatel said:
Hi guys I live in Australia on temporary visa and my wife sponsored me for spouse visa from canada. We applied in October 2012 and my Australian visa is going to expire in may. So I am going back to my country. So if I change my address and country from ECAS and go back to my country does my spouse visa process step 2 start from beginning or it will continue? Please help urgent......
Hi Vipulpatel,

I don't think you start any steps from the beginning by changing your address and country on ecas -- but they might find it odd that you applied to the Sydney office when your home country is no longer Australia. When does your Australian visa expire, and is it a work visa or a tourist visa? Can you ask for an extension?

Robhi

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-10-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
jen123 said:
Thanks Robhi and Freezing Ozzie!!
I am not sure what stage 2 aor is? We just got an email once our application arrived in Sydney at the end of October. Is this all you received? Hope yours moves along soon too Robhi, did you get an in process too yet?
Stage 1 AOR is the approval of the Sponsor, Stage 2 AOR is the approval of the person immigrating (spouse, family member). We only received an email about Stage 1 approval, still waiting on Stage 2 confirmation. And no, haven't gone in process yet ...:(. Seems BCRain and I are the last ones standing in the list :S.

BCRain

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Syndey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-07-2012
Robhi said:
Stage 1 AOR is the approval of the Sponsor, Stage 2 AOR is the approval of the person immigrating (spouse, family member). We only received an email about Stage 1 approval, still waiting on Stage 2 confirmation. And no, haven't gone in process yet ...:(. Seems BCRain and I are the last ones standing in the list :S.
Yup...still waiting....

bluemolly

Dec 6, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just received an email from Sydney requesting a police record check from Australia as well as a Victoria traffic record check.

I did not realise they would request one from Australia since in the application it said to supply criminal record checks from countries you lived in for more than six and I only lived there for three months, has anyone else had this? I am just curious.

Also, does anyone know how to obtain the VIC traffic history when you have never held a drivers licence. The email provided a link so that I could obtain it online but you need your Licence number to use it.

Anyway, even though there are a few things to sort out it is great to know that my application is now officially in process. I was not expecting it to be for some time.

bluemolly

Dec 6, 2012
I emailed immigration about the VIC Roads traffic report and they responded with:

Good Afternoon,

Please provide a statutory declaration stating you have not held a state or national licence in Australia, that you do not have any traffic offences and you have not been able to obtain a traffic history report from VicRoads. A visa officer will consider this statement in lieu of the VicRoads Traffic History Report.

Thank you
Immigration Section / Section de l'Immigration

Does anyone know if there is a format for this and do I need to get it witnessed?

freezing_aussie

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
bluemolly, this link should help: http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/home/the+justice+system/statutory+declarations/

Edit: Just to clarify, you will need to get it witnessed. If you are in Australia currently, that will not be a big problem.