+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

Kiwikiwi

Dec 15, 2012
I am happy to say i now hove a 'Decision Made' Status on my Ecas, im guessing the COPR will be in the mail now or should i be expecting some kind of email first?

How are you coming along Rachy?

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
rachiy said:
What?!?! How did you get yours to 2.1mb???? Maybe I am just too impatient lol. I wasn't having a great day with my printer/scanner when I got my email, so I guess I was a little less tolerant than I should have been. It didn't help that my scanner forgot what it was doing at page 48 of my 50 page passport and went into hibernation mode.

Anyway, that's great news Bagel!! What are your landing plans?

Oh forgot to reply about landing plans... well we were initially going to land in Ottawa before the 2nd July, but are now thinking of flying to Van for a couple of weeks in June so I am able to officially land (and have a bit of a break)... and then come back to Aus to tie up some loose ends like furniture removal and transporting our cat over, before coming over later in the year ( before it gets too cold!) My aim is to have plenty of time before winter- but it seems the time is already flying and before we know it it will be dawning on Fall and then our wedding next year! Gulp! So happy to see things finally moving for everyone though...

Is anyone settling in Ottawa??

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Kiwikiwi said:
I am happy to say i now hove a 'Decision Made' Status on my Ecas, im guessing the COPR will be in the mail now or should i be expecting some kind of email first?

How are you coming along Rachy?
I am showing Decision Made too. Not sure when it changed, sometime last week I guess. They received my pp on Monday last week so hoping that means CoPR is in the mail. Not sure if we get an email though...

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
bagelbagel81 said:
Oh forgot to reply about landing plans... well we were initially going to land in Ottawa before the 2nd July, but are now thinking of flying to Van for a couple of weeks in June so I am able to officially land (and have a bit of a break)... and then come back to Aus to tie up some loose ends like furniture removal and transporting our cat over, before coming over later in the year ( before it gets too cold!) My aim is to have plenty of time before winter- but it seems the time is already flying and before we know it it will be dawning on Fall and then our wedding next year! Gulp! So happy to see things finally moving for everyone though...

Is anyone settling in Ottawa??
What pet transport company are you using? We will be doing the same with our cat via Skypet. Costing $2000ish from Sydney to Kelowna. Jetpets were close to $500 more.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
matthew_fitzy said:
What pet transport company are you using? We will be doing the same with our cat via Skypet. Costing $2000ish from Sydney to Kelowna. Jetpets were close to $500 more.
Hey matthew fitzy - we are probably going to go through Jetpets! Ours was about $2280 from Sydney to Ottawa. We were going to pay the couple of hundred to take him with us on the actual plane in a carrier with aircanada. But he only JUST fit under the size specs (he is a heavy 8kg cat) - and it ended up being around the same price for him to go with Jetpets if we flew with Jetstar to Hawaii then straight to Ottawa with aircanada, rather than direct with aircanada.

I will have to check out Skypet- I didn't know they existed! I might end up saving myself a couple of hundred dollars ;)

THanks for the tip!!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Guys,

Congrats to everyone who has had their COPR's and PPR's. It's been awhile since I've been online as we are now in Canada and so far the move has been pretty good. No issues at the border. Just a couple of questions after mentioning that PR is in process. He gave us a 6 month stamp.

Still no news from Sydney, however, they did send an email saying they would respond in about 10 days. There are no status changes on ECAS and no email's yet.

It's hard to stay positive but at least we are receiving some communication from Sydney. I'll keep you posted.
cheers

Mlneron

Jan 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am Canadian and sponsoring my aussie boyfriend. We are going back in Canada in March and we were wondering if its better to do the INLAND application or OUTLAND?

We thought getting a bank account together and lease would be good so doing the INLAND would of been a better idea, knowing it's longer.
We are putting an extension tourist VISA and a open work permit application as well, so when the 1st stage is approve he can actually work.

He can't get a WHV because he is 35. He previously had one, and stay in Canada for a year, does he need to get fingerprints ?

I would like to have some advice, can we do the OUTLAND application while he reside with me in Canada?

I'm getting really confused !!

Thanks a lot !

Marie-Lou

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
Mlneron said:
Hi everyone,

I am Canadian and sponsoring my aussie boyfriend. We are going back in Canada in March and we were wondering if its better to do the INLAND application or OUTLAND?

We thought getting a bank account together and lease would be good so doing the INLAND would of been a better idea, knowing it's longer.
We are putting an extension tourist VISA and a open work permit application as well, so when the 1st stage is approve he can actually work.

He can't get a WHV because he is 35. He previously had one, and stay in Canada for a year, does he need to get fingerprints ?

I would like to have some advice, can we do the OUTLAND application while he reside with me in Canada?

Thanks a lot !

Marie-Lou
Hi Marie-Lou,
Since your Aussie man worked in Canada for a year... yes he will need a police clearance from Canada.
I don't have any experience with Inland, all I know is it takes longer. If you get all of your documents together you could apply for outland right now. Going rate is 6 months of wait time. Since you are coming to Canada in March, he can request a 6 month visitor's visa and stay with you while you wait for his PR. Maybe someone else in this forum can give you some advice on the inland.

- Caroline

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Pretty happy today! Just checked e-cas and we're finally "In Process" it says they started processing on Jan 15. :D

Mel Grover

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2012
AOR Received.
02/07/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2012
Hey Everyone,

After 75 days of waitng we finally got our sponsor approval, it was sent from the ottwa pilot email.

Onto the next stage of processing.

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Sorry for the repeat... CoPR arrived today. woohoo!!

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Can anybody tell me what is involved in bringing a pet overseas aside from the cost. I realize the vet certification and shots. Does the pet have to stay in quarantine for any length of time?

Thanks.

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
Kiwi12 said:
Can anybody tell me what is involved in bringing a pet overseas aside from the cost. I realize the vet certification and shots. Does the pet have to stay in quarantine for any length of time?

Thanks.
I will be using a door to door pet transport service with Skypet, my cat will be on a separate flight to me. Not a lot more apart from what you have already mentioned. They provide a crate, which you get to keep. They pick up the pet, one or two days board is included as they conduct the AQIS health check and then ship the pet - we will either then pick him up from the airport in Kelowna or have him delivered to our new place. There is no quarantine in Canada once he arrives, so long as the clearance has been done. Usually the pet transport won't take the pet without a current vaccination certificate.

I have also just found out that Air Canada has an embargo until the end of March re bringing pets past Vancouver. I wanted to bring mine to Kelowna, looks like we will now have to do a separate trip to Vancouver to get the damn thing!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Mlneron said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot !

Marie-Lou
Hey Marie-Lou,

Go outland for sure! Check out the other Sydney thread as it has some more info on the advantages for NZers and Aussies.

No you do not need to get a Canadian police check for your Aussie bf. CIC will look it up themselves.

Good luck!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
So I landed today at Carway, AB border. It was really, really easy. Both the US and CAN officers were friendly and nice to talk to. I was the only person there and it took about 30 mins to drive up to US, park, go inside and wait while they dealt with a paper jam to get my piece of paper, drive around to CAN, park, go inside and wait while they did the paperwork and then I was on my way.
They just confirmed my address and asked if I had any other dependants that were not listed and if I had committed any crimes since I applied. Really simple process!!

Can't believe it is all over after so much document collection and compiling. Next step is citizenship in a few years.