waived
Passport Req..
30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
26-07-2013
EGNN said:
Hello all... I sent my application to sponsor my wife end of January 2013... I received notification that application was received Feb 14 2013.... I was approved as a sponsor March 12 2013... her medical was done October 2012.... I'm a little concerned as I have not received any notification from the Sydney office that the application has been received there is that stage 2 AOR?... as well when i check the status online it says application received for PR and when you click on that it says medical results have been received, does this mean that a decision has been made?
No. I wouldn't expect a decision until at least October. When a decision has been made they will tell you and it will say 'decision made'. To be honest, they probably haven't even opened your application yet in Sydney. You don't always get AOR.

It is a long wait so just sit back and relax.

Pg05

Jun 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
24-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
thedreadedpiper said:
You're right, you lose implied status if you leave the country. You can re-enter as a visitor after that but won't be able to work. When are you traveling?

It's hard to say how much longer after cases go in process.... it depends how long they look at the case before they make a decision. For some people it's days, for others months. Once the passport request comes through, it looks as though receiving the COPR is usually 2-3weeks after that, since I'm in Canada and it's posted from Sydney.
I will be travelling Aug 21st, my work permit expires on July 19th so I think I will apply one more time, maybe I'll write a cover letter begging them ;) I just need time till the 21st of August and then when I re-enter I can just obtain a tourist visa.

I have been checking ECAS daily, no change. "Application received"

EGNN said:
Hello all... I sent my application to sponsor my wife end of January 2013... I received notification that application was received Feb 14 2013.... I was approved as a sponsor March 12 2013... her medical was done October 2012.... I'm a little concerned as I have not received any notification from the Sydney office that the application has been received there is that stage 2 AOR?... as well when i check the status online it says application received for PR and when you click on that it says medical results have been received, does this mean that a decision has been made?
EGNN, it seems that they're pretty fast in Mississuaga; where the first stage is. Sydney is where the delay is at. 10months average is how long it'll take.

thedreadedpiper

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
Pg05 said:
I will be travelling Aug 21st, my work permit expires on July 19th so I think I will apply one more time, maybe I'll write a cover letter begging them ;) I just need time till the 21st of August and then when I re-enter I can just obtain a tourist visa.
I'd definitely send in an extension application. It has to be received by the day your current one expires, so send it a few days out to allow for slow Canada Post service. It's taking 3 months for them to even open those applications so you would have implied status until you leave for sure. And by the time you get back, I'd be betting you'll have a COPR waiting for you, so you can enter as a visitor, pick up the COPR and head to the border to "land".

The only downside is that you have to pay the extension application fee... but it's better than not working for a month right?

I'm actually heading to the UK myself in early August so will have to re-enter as a visitor too when I get back, unless Sydney gets a move on. Luckily my boss is pretty understanding and will hold my job open for me until the PR is through. REALLY hoping I'm not sitting at home doing nothing for too long though.

Pg05

Jun 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
24-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
thedreadedpiper said:
I'd definitely send in an extension application. It has to be received by the day your current one expires, so send it a few days out to allow for slow Canada Post service. It's taking 3 months for them to even open those applications so you would have implied status until you leave for sure. And by the time you get back, I'd be betting you'll have a COPR waiting for you, so you can enter as a visitor, pick up the COPR and head to the border to "land".

The only downside is that you have to pay the extension application fee... but it's better than not working for a month right?

I'm actually heading to the UK myself in early August so will have to re-enter as a visitor too when I get back, unless Sydney gets a move on. Luckily my boss is pretty understanding and will hold my job open for me until the PR is through. REALLY hoping I'm not sitting at home doing nothing for too long though.
So HR at work told me, the company doesn't do LMO. To extend application, I have to fill out form number 5710? This is the form I filled out for an open work permit and got refused. I rang the CIC, they sent me an email with information about who can apply for an open work permit. These are the options I was looking at

- Have applied for permanent residence (PR) in Canada under one of the following categories:
Spouse/common-law partner in Canada and your PR application has been approved in principle*;
live-in caregiver; or
humanitarian and compassionate grounds and your PR application has been approved in principle*;
Are a family member** of a person listed above;

-Have a temporary resident permit valid for at least six months and you are unable to pay for your basic needs without working;

I have a mortgage here, so I wonder if I can write a letter stating, I "need" to work, unable to pay for basic needs. :'(

Our PR application is sent to Sydney.......so it doesn't count as "in Canada"?

thedreadedpiper

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2013
Pg05 said:
So HR at work told me, the company doesn't do LMO. To extend application, I have to fill out form number 5710? This is the form I filled out for an open work permit and got refused. I rang the CIC, they sent me an email with information about who can apply for an open work permit. These are the options I was looking at

- Have applied for permanent residence (PR) in Canada under one of the following categories:
Spouse/common-law partner in Canada and your PR application has been approved in principle*;
live-in caregiver; or
humanitarian and compassionate grounds and your PR application has been approved in principle*;
Are a family member** of a person listed above;

-Have a temporary resident permit valid for at least six months and you are unable to pay for your basic needs without working;

I have a mortgage here, so I wonder if I can write a letter stating, I "need" to work, unable to pay for basic needs. :'(

Our PR application is sent to Sydney.......so it doesn't count as "in Canada"?
Yes that's the form I filed. I just asked for an extension of my current status though, not an open work permit.

I don't know that writing anything would be necessary, as there's such a backlog that they're not even opening applications for 2 months after receipt. As long as it's not opened, assessed and denied before you go to the UK you're ok. Currently it's taking 62 days.

Pg05

Jun 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
24-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
thedreadedpiper said:
Yes that's the form I filed. I just asked for an extension of my current status though, not an open work permit.

I don't know that writing anything would be necessary, as there's such a backlog that they're not even opening applications for 2 months after receipt. As long as it's not opened, assessed and denied before you go to the UK you're ok. Currently it's taking 62 days.
My problem is my employer! The manager wasn't sure if the company would be willing to keep me while on an "implied status". This is all new to her so she wasn't sure. Frankly I didn't like the sound of that and for a split second I felt like saying stick your job up your..... ;) The HR said it will be difficult on her whilst I'm on implied status because she needs time to process my papers, should the permit be refused. I didn't really understand what she was on about. She kept going on about how I can't work without a permit and the company would get in trouble. Like I don't know that. I was so frustrated.
I think either way I will have to quit work, regardless of my status. Which makes me wonder if I should just apply for a change of status to visitor. However I can't help but think there's that slim chance my permit gets approved. Decisions and dilemmas.

On the positive side, it has been roughly 8 months since my PR application. Like you mentioned, I might even have my COPR when I come back.

Thank you for your thoughts though, it's nice to know I'm not completely alone.

RoscoEscobar

Jun 19, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I've received some good news and I hope this means the Sydney office is working through everyones applicatiion.
Date Application was received: 25/02/13
Visa Application transfered to Sydney Office 25/03/13
Sydney Office Started processing 26/06/13
Request for passport 02/07/13

I've emailed them the passport information and Appendix B. I requested they confirm receipt, but received nothing. Should I mail copies as well? Or can I call them? I have only seen a email address.

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
RoscoEscobar said:
Hi Everyone,
I've received some good news and I hope this means the Sydney office is working through everyones applicatiion.

I've emailed them the passport information and Appendix B. I requested they confirm receipt, but received nothing. Should I mail copies as well? Or can I call them? I have only seen a email address.
Great. You are nearly there. :)

I emailed them to enquire about my application as my medical is expiring soon and they replied that my file is with a Visa Officer to be reviewed. I hope to get PPR request from Sydney office soon.

I have added the info you shared in your post in spreadsheet. Hope you dont mind.

EGNN

Jun 23, 2013
RoscoEscobar said:
Hi Everyone,

That's fantastic news, best of luck... does anyone know how the visa office decides to process these files because i notice some people have application much older still pending where as other not so old, so i don't think its on first come first served basis.

Pg05

Jun 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
24-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
EGNN said:
That's fantastic news, best of luck... does anyone know how the visa office decides to process these files because i notice some people have application much older still pending where as other not so old, so i don't think its on first come first served basis.
Yes I was wondering the exact same thing! I have read in this thread, someone wasn't notified of their application being in process but they directly got an approval.

mitchb86

May 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2013
AOR Received.
14/08/2013
Med's Done....
09/07/2013
Passport Req..
31/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2013
LANDED..........
27-11-2013
Hi Everyone

I am in the final stages of putting my application hoping to send it next week. I have one Question about the Statutory Declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship. DO THEY HAVE TO BE SIGNED BY A COMMISSIONER OF OATHS ??? or a justice of the peace?

Anyone who has had there residency go through that could respond it would be greatly appreciated.

crassy

Sep 15, 2011
Niagara Falls
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2012
AOR Received.
6-11-2012
File Transfer...
6-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
26-07-2013
mitchb86 said:
Hi Everyone

I am in the final stages of putting my application hoping to send it next week. I have one Question about the Statutory Declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship. DO THEY HAVE TO BE SIGNED BY A COMMISSIONER OF OATHS ??? or a justice of the peace?

Anyone who has had there residency go through that could respond it would be greatly appreciated.
None of mine were. In fact most of them were just emails and not signed at all. They all had contact information of the person providing the confirmation of relationship. It isn't really a stat dec, it is more of a 'hey, we know these people, we have seen them together as a couple and we believe their relationship to be real'. I had my mum, sister, brother-in-law, and four friends provide them.

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Hi I'm new. I've been busy reading and trying to get up to speed, but could use some help trying to figure out the best way to get my husband and I to Canada. Here's us:

I'm Canadian, my husband is British and we're living in NZ. My husband has a verbal job offer from Vancouver and they are willing to get him a work permit. He's an engineer and in high demand and they said it should take about 3 months to get him a work permit. I'm busy trying to find a job too. As we both really need to have jobs lined up before the move.

We've been living together for 4 years (have tonnes of proof) and married for less than a year. I have been studying for the past year and have not earned very much, so can't prove that I can support my husband, but of course, I will support him and it looks as though I can get a good job in Vancouver (I'm also an engineer). We have no children, so it looks like I don't have to have proof that I can support him, just agree to do so???

The big question, is that, given we want to move to Canada ASAP, but not until we both have jobs lined up, should we apply for PR now (through Sydney) but have him go over on a company sponsored work permit while the application is being processed? Are there any flaws or drawbacks to this plan? Can we arrive in Canada together, or separately (I might go over first while he's work permit is being processed)? Will he be able to travel from Canada while his PR is being processed through Sydney? Is this the best way, or should we just apply for PR from Canada?

We hope to live in Canada permanently, but just looking for the best and fastest way to get us both living and working in Canada.

Thanks for your help and apologies if someone has already posted this info. There's so much great info on this site, I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Pg05

Jun 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
24-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
canuknz said:
Hi I'm new. I've been busy reading and trying to get up to speed, but could use some help trying to figure out the best way to get my husband and I to Canada. Here's us:

I'm Canadian, my husband is British and we're living in NZ. My husband has a verbal job offer from Vancouver and they are willing to get him a work permit. He's an engineer and in high demand and they said it should take about 3 months to get him a work permit. I'm busy trying to find a job too. As we both really need to have jobs lined up before the move.

We've been living together for 4 years (have tonnes of proof) and married for less than a year. I have been studying for the past year and have not earned very much, so can't prove that I can support my husband, but of course, I will support him and it looks as though I can get a good job in Vancouver (I'm also an engineer). We have no children, so it looks like I don't have to have proof that I can support him, just agree to do so???

The big question, is that, given we want to move to Canada ASAP, but not until we both have jobs lined up, should we apply for PR now (through Sydney) but have him go over on a company sponsored work permit while the application is being processed? Are there any flaws or drawbacks to this plan? Can we arrive in Canada together, or separately (I might go over first while he's work permit is being processed)? Will he be able to travel from Canada while his PR is being processed through Sydney? Is this the best way, or should we just apply for PR from Canada?

We hope to live in Canada permanently, but just looking for the best and fastest way to get us both living and working in Canada.

Thanks for your help and apologies if someone has already posted this info. There's so much great info on this site, I'm a bit overwhelmed.
Hi, I was told applying from outside Canada is quicker than applying from inside. Applying through Sydney is roughly 10months. I would apply as soon as possible, I am currently in Canada on a working holiday visa, it's about to expire and I regret that we didn't get our acts together and apply sooner. As for you supporting your husband, my husband also did work here and there and he was studying for the most part. So we wrote all that in our application and I also work and can support myself. So I think it shouldn't be a big problem. They just want to make sure your husband doesn't go on welfare, which I'm sure he won't be :)
Good luck and I hope you find a job! If not in BC, AB always has lots of jobs ;)

I also have a question for everyone. I got good news today. The immigration has asked me for my passport and appendix B, I just wanted to confirm, it takes roughly 2-3 weeks to get the passport back or 2-3weeksfor them to still do the processing. I am travelling out in August and need my passport back by then :s btw is that what everyone is calling COPR?

Pg05

Jun 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...