+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Have people who have had to send additional documents been sending them via the below address:

Migration Section
Consulate General of Canada, Level 5, 111 Harrington Street
Sydney, Australia

emr2102

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Have people who have had to send additional documents been sending them via the below address:

Migration Section
Sydney, Australia
I’ve also just got a request for some additional police check paperwork... it was signed at the bottom of the letter
“Migration Section
Sydney, Australia”

So I also assume this is where I need to mail the additional paperwork to?? There was no option to upload any documents online...

Do you just include a cover letter with your immigration application number, UCI etc ?

jag909

Apr 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
AOR Received.
20-03-2018
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
25-03-2018
I’ve also just got a request for some additional police check paperwork... it was signed at the bottom of the letter
“Migration Section
Sydney, Australia”

So I also assume this is where I need to mail the additional paperwork to?? There was no option to upload any documents online...

Do you just include a cover letter with your immigration application number, UCI etc ?

Can you please let me know Did you get this in mail or e-mail and whats your timeline?

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
“Migration Section
Sydney, Australia”

Same timeline still :)

We sent ours in the mail with the above address in an envelope and wrote on the envelope itself our application number and UCI number and our names and what kind of application it was- we put application for “permanent residence family class for Canada”.

We then put the envelope in an express post mailing envelope to the above address. We did that on Saturday and it was tracked and arrived on Tuesday but they didn’t update GCKEY until today that they had it.

They confirmed that they received it today on GCKEY and are now reviewing the additional document.

I think ours said it had to arrive at their department within 30 days so we just assumed we had to mail it....

We paid extra for faster processing in UK and for courier to Australia. The turn around time was one week. Very impressed with their service.

emr2102

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Same timeline still :)

We sent ours in the mail with the above address in an envelope and wrote on the envelope itself our application number and UCI number and our names and what kind of application it was- we put application for “permanent residence family class for Canada”.

We then put the envelope in an express post mailing envelope to the above address. We did that on Saturday and it was tracked and arrived on Tuesday but they didn’t update GCKEY until today that they had it.

They confirmed that they received it today on GCKEY and are now reviewing the additional document.

I think ours said it had to arrive at their department within 30 days so we just assumed we had to mail it....

We paid extra for faster processing in UK and for courier to Australia. The turn around time was one week. Very impressed with their service.
Yes still tracking close to each other... thanks for the response, you did a great method for returning the paperwork, no way it can get mistaken or mixed up the way you did it, I’m going to do the same.

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Yes still tracking close to each other... thanks for the response, you did a great method for returning the paperwork, no way it can get mistaken or mixed up the way you did it, I’m going to do the same.
Yeah, it’s weird though with express post tracking because it doesn’t say the exact address it was dropped off at. First time we sent something to the address it just said arrived at “The Rocks, NSW”, second time it said “Alexandria, NSW”. Very odd. But we were going to wait a week after it arrived to ensure it went to the right place before contacting them...luckily GCKEY was updated within 4 business days.

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
Hey guys just wondering if the Sydney Australia office is slow? I know melbourne has just opened so that may help but in general what is the average timeline?

Optiman87

Jun 19, 2017
Guys I was really impressed with Sydney visa office. I got my COPR and passport back in just 1 week!

Timeline:
PPR: 26 Oct
Visa change to Sydney vo: 30 Oct
Submit passport to VFS auckland: 31 Oct
Application approved: 7 Nov
Passport ready to collect at VFS Auckland: 8 Nov

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Guys I was really impressed with Sydney visa office. I got my COPR and passport back in just 1 week!

Timeline:
PPR: 26 Oct
Visa change to Sydney vo: 30 Oct
Submit passport to VFS auckland: 31 Oct
Application approved: 7 Nov
Passport ready to collect at VFS Auckland: 8 Nov
Ooh. What was your timeline?