+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

nando92

Mar 28, 2017
Hi All,

I received a request to submit my passport documents. I am a Sri Lankan citizen, so I will have to send my original passport:

You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

I initially applied in Hong Kong. Now that I live in Melbourne (since March 2017), they agreed for me to send it to Sydney. I'm not sure if they will process in Sydney, or send it to Hong Kong from the Sydney office (which wouldn't make sense, but consulates seem to do the weirdest things at times). In any case, I just wanted to get a vague idea of how long the Sydney office usually takes to send passport/documents back after processing.... the idea of living in a new country without my primary identification document kind of scares me.

Angelengel

Mar 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Australia, Sydney
Nomination.....
10-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2018
nando92 said:
Hi All,

I received a request to submit my passport documents. I am a Sri Lankan citizen, so I will have to send my original passport:

You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa.

I initially applied in Hong Kong. Now that I live in Melbourne (since March 2017), they agreed for me to send it to Sydney. I'm not sure if they will process in Sydney, or send it to Hong Kong from the Sydney office (which wouldn't make sense, but consulates seem to do the weirdest things at times). In any case, I just wanted to get a vague idea of how long the Sydney office usually takes to send passport/documents back after processing.... the idea of living in a new country without my primary identification document kind of scares me.
Congratulations! Can you please share your timeline. My friend took 2 months after they receive their passport back.

nando92

Mar 28, 2017
Angelengel said:
Congratulations! Can you please share your timeline. My friend took 2 months after they receive their passport back.
Please correct me if I'm wrong in understanding... so after they sent their passports to the Sydney office, it took 2 months for them to send the passports back with COPR and visa?

My timeline is as follows:
Express Entry submitted in Hong Kong - 30th May 2016
Invitation to Apply received - 19th October 2016
Permanent Resident online application submitted in Hong Kong - 13th December 2016
Request letter for Criminal Record check from Hong Kong received - 04th Jan 2017
Request letter to submit Passport to Hong Kong office to issue COPR and visa - 07th March 2017 (then changed to Sydney)
Request letter to submit Passport to Sydney office to issue COPR and visa - 28th March 2017

Good luck to everyone!

Angelengel

Mar 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Australia, Sydney
Nomination.....
10-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Med's Request
15-12-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2018
nando92 said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong in understanding... so after they sent their passports to the Sydney office, it took 2 months for them to send the passports back with COPR and visa?

My timeline is as follows:
Express Entry submitted in Hong Kong - 30th May 2016
Invitation to Apply received - 19th October 2016
Permanent Resident online application submitted in Hong Kong - 13th December 2016
Request letter for Criminal Record check from Hong Kong received - 04th Jan 2017
Request letter to submit Passport to Hong Kong office to issue COPR and visa - 07th March 2017 (then changed to Sydney)
Request letter to submit Passport to Sydney office to issue COPR and visa - 28th March 2017

Good luck to everyone!
Yes, they requested on Feb and return the passport with visa and copr in April . My friend is under pnp paper
based. Maybe yours will be faster coz your express entry. Well i dont know. Lets just hope faster processing for everyone!

C'mon MR where are you?

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
mr-moose said:
Hi All,

We're almost ready to submit our application. My wife is sponsoring myself and our three children.

When we do apply, is it directly to the Sydney office or do they redirect it there from Canada? We are applying from Perth. I'm quite relieved with the speed at which it seems some of the applications in this thread seem to have been processed.

Time will tell if ours is thorough and complete enough to get processed without too many issues.

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris. We're in Perth, too. We applied in July and still waiting. It seems like ages now, even though it's only been 8 months. Where are you guys going? I'm originally from Southern Ontario (near Toronto) but I think we're going to the BC interior. My partner is - surprise in Perth - a Pom who's been here for 31 years.

mr-moose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Waterloo, ON
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-08-2017
DollyM said:
Hi Chris. We're in Perth, too. We applied in July and still waiting. It seems like ages now, even though it's only been 8 months. Where are you guys going? I'm originally from Southern Ontario (near Toronto) but I think we're going to the BC interior. My partner is - surprise in Perth - a Pom who's been here for 31 years.
Hi Dolly,

Wow that does seem like a longish wait. Hopefully you hear something soon. It is odd as there seem to be some people from the Sydney VO that have very quick timelines and then others that take a bit longer.

We're looking to head to the Kitchener/Waterloo area. We had initially thought of Vancouver, but rents seem very high and I wouldn't mind experiencing somewhere with some nice snowfall :) I'm also working in IT and I hear that the Waterloo area is quite a IT hub, so it would be a good place for me to find work.

I hope you get some sort of update on your application soon.

Chris

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
mr-moose said:
Hi Dolly,

Wow that does seem like a longish wait. Hopefully you hear something soon. It is odd as there seem to be some people from the Sydney VO that have very quick timelines and then others that take a bit longer.

We're looking to head to the Kitchener/Waterloo area. We had initially thought of Vancouver, but rents seem very high and I wouldn't mind experiencing somewhere with some nice snowfall :) I'm also working in IT and I hear that the Waterloo area is quite a IT hub, so it would be a good place for me to find work.

I hope you get some sort of update on your application soon.

Chris
Thanks, Chris. My partner is a heavy vehicle fitter and worked in the mines here in WA for 27 years, so we're looking at Sparwood/Elkford area. I would love to go to Kitchener/Waterloo area but they sure get a lot of snow! Ottawa (even more snow and colder) is also a good place for IT. But there's so many really great areas near to KW.

Where are you in Perth? We're up near Yanchep.

mr-moose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Waterloo, ON
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-08-2017
DollyM said:
Thanks, Chris. My partner is a heavy vehicle fitter and worked in the mines here in WA for 27 years, so we're looking at Sparwood/Elkford area. I would love to go to Kitchener/Waterloo area but they sure get a lot of snow! Ottawa (even more snow and colder) is also a good place for IT. But there's so many really great areas near to KW.

KW does seem like a nice area. I know Perth isn't huge, but it would still be nice to escape the hustle of city life and live somewhere a bit smaller, but with access to a large city like Toronto.

I haven't heard of Sparwood/Elkford. Is the reason behind that area to do with work primarily?

We're SOR near Fiona Stanley hospital.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
mr-moose said:
KW does seem like a nice area. I know Perth isn't huge, but it would still be nice to escape the hustle of city life and live somewhere a bit smaller, but with access to a large city like Toronto.

I haven't heard of Sparwood/Elkford. Is the reason behind that area to do with work primarily?

We're SOR near Fiona Stanley hospital.
Elkford is a mining town in the BC interior about 3 hours west of Calgary. It would be like living in somewhere like Bridgetown and driving to the city when we need or want to go to the city. I work in healthcare right now, but if/when we move I'm looking at opening a small cafe. I make specialty cakes as a side business but would like to bake as my main job.

I worked at FSH before it was open (part of the transition from RPH & FHHS) and recently was there auditing their elective waitlist. If my partner didn't work up this end of town I would move SOR. He's the main bread winner and there's no public transit to his work so we're pretty limited on where we can live.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
DollyM said:

From a bloke in the area (sup, Chris?! How's it??), we don't get an incredible amount. Closer to lake ontario, or in between KWCG and Windsor get way more. This winter past, we only got one or two heavy dumpings. Toronto-GTA-Golden Horseshoe saw 4 or 5x what we saw...

mr-moose

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Waterloo, ON
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2017
LANDED..........
27-08-2017
profiler said:
From a bloke in the area (sup, Chris?! How's it??), we don't get an incredible amount. Closer to lake ontario, or in between KWCG and Windsor get way more. This winter past, we only got one or two heavy dumpings. Toronto-GTA-Golden Horseshoe saw 4 or 5x what we saw...
Whatever you get there will be infinitely more than what falls in Perth ;) All good here....just playing the waiting game now and trying to get ourselves as organised as we can for a successful application and move! Hope you're keeping well mate.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mr-moose said:
Whatever you get there will be infinitely more than what falls in Perth ;) All good here....just playing the waiting game now and trying to get ourselves as organised as we can for a successful application and move! Hope you're keeping well mate.
Understood. Snow should be an expectation anywhere in Canada ;). I just wanted to make sure the expectation of volume was level-set :). If you want snow, Niagara region. Buffalo and NF gets 2m in a day sometimes..

Been well here, thanks. You guys won't have trouble. We were approved, and we don't have any kids in common. So you'd be golden. When you get to the end, it all happens very fast :).

mrpastor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
25-07-2016
Doc's Request.
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-12-2016
Med's Request
03-04-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Interview........
Not needed.
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
Probably Summer 2017
What's up australia VO applicants? Does our VO moving? Lol. I havent heard anything since they asked me to do the medicals and sign the consent to do a NZ background check.

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
mrpastor said:
What's up australia VO applicants? Does our VO moving? Lol. I havent heard anything since they asked me to do the medicals and sign the consent to do a NZ background check.
Nope. Nada so far. I'm wondering if I should contact them and ask what's going on. We need to think about booking a quick trip over to Canada for my partner to land before July, but don't want to do that until he has COPR.

mrpastor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
25-07-2016
Doc's Request.
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-12-2016
Med's Request
03-04-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Interview........
Not needed.
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2017
LANDED..........
Probably Summer 2017
DollyM said:
Nope. Nada so far. I'm wondering if I should contact them and ask what's going on. We need to think about booking a quick trip over to Canada for my partner to land before July, but don't want to do that until he has COPR.
What's the status of your background check? Mine is Not applicable.