Waived
Passport Req..
Decision made 3/6/15, PPR 3/31/15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 04/27/15
LANDED..........
08/08/15
Canadianfairy said:
We used Sevenseasworldwide for our boxes and All Care Pet Transport for our cat but this is from Perth and I think that pet transport is local to Perth... I did get a quote from jetpets and they seemed good too

my husband just landed in Pearson yesterday make sure you bring a detailed list of all your items to follow for customs.

Landing went smoothly... pretty straight forward. Glad to be home after 8 years of being in Australia!
Congrats on landing! Have you received your goods from sevenseas yet? What sort of timeframe do they give you?
Sorry for all the questions...there's so many companies and mixed reviews online!

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 & 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
no not yet... the boxes were only picked up 10 days ago and they are coming by ship so estimated 85 days before we get them... so far so good. you pack your own stuff but they provide you with boxes, bubble wrap, tape, texta ect. They also emailed me when the boxes were sent. Their communication is excellent.

nicsmith147

Apr 9, 2014
Hi all,

We did our application from outside Canada. I, the sponsor, and my partner both live in Newcastle Australia. My partner got his medical done at the Sydney bupa place. But when he finished they gave him no paper work. Anyway we sent our application in. Now i have been approved as a sponsor but they are saying they haven't gotten our medical. I called the medical office and they said it sent straight to the Canadian embassy in sydney. Anyone had this problem? i certainly don't want to pay for it again..

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
nicsmith147 said:
Hi all,

We did our application from outside Canada. I, the sponsor, and my partner both live in Newcastle Australia. My partner got his medical done at the Sydney bupa place. But when he finished they gave him no paper work. Anyway we sent our application in. Now i have been approved as a sponsor but they are saying they haven't gotten our medical. I called the medical office and they said it sent straight to the Canadian embassy in sydney. Anyone had this problem? i certainly don't want to pay for it again..
You are supposed to receive a receipt from the medical office that you include in your application. Are you sure this medical office is one of the panel physicians approved by CIC?

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 & 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
do you have a receipt? I'd forward that to Sydney VO and ask that possibly Bupa resend it to the Sydney VO they should have a copy of the paperwork. How long ago was the medical done? do you have access to ECAS yet? if so does it say "medical received" on there?

nicsmith147

Apr 9, 2014
No my partner only got a eftpos receipt and a email confirming the appointment date. The office send the details directly to the visa office in sydney i think. but my application seems to be being processed in Ottawa. Thats where they are telling me to send correspondence. I got a number for the medical from the office and sent to ottawa so may have to just wait and see if that works. seems its easier to do the medical after you apply. whats a ECAS?

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 & 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
ECAS is where you can check the status of your application ect.

stgeorge

Jan 4, 2015
Hi all. My wife just received her SA for Spousal Sponsorship. We both live in NZ and moving to Canada in May. Couple of questions:
1) How can I find the average wait time for the Sydney office for Permanent Residence approval?
2) Has anyone applied for both a work permit while waiting for PR approval. I am afraid that I will enter Canada without any permits and want to cover my bases.

Thanks

Canadianfairy

Star Member
May 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/3/2014
AOR Received.
6/5/2014 & 16/5/2014
Med's Done....
13/3/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/9/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/10/2014
LANDED..........
21/01/2015
you could look at the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gINNzqkPLZwlNC1lWdQ2xk_Rz4JkD_5vFCxEKcJREnU/edit#gid=0

some people got their COPR in 3 months others was much longer.. Average is about 6-7 months according to the spreadsheet.

not sure about the work visas but if you are under 30 I believe you can apply for a working holiday visa which is good for a year or maybe 2.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
stgeorge said:
Hi all. My wife just received her SA for Spousal Sponsorship. We both live in NZ and moving to Canada in May. Couple of questions:
1) How can I find the average wait time for the Sydney office for Permanent Residence approval?
2) Has anyone applied for both a work permit while waiting for PR approval. I am afraid that I will enter Canada without any permits and want to cover my bases.

Thanks
Proceed with caution! If the border agents feel that you are moving to Canada without being a permanent resident they will most likely deny you entry.

stgeorge

Jan 4, 2015
bigredmoose said:
Proceed with caution! If the border agents feel that you are moving to Canada without being a permanent resident they will most likely deny you entry.
Hypothetically, if I were NOT to have final approval and entered Canada on a holiday VISA, would they have access to the information I have already processed for permanent residency? If not, then I would imagine I would need a return ticket or some ticket to leave Canada after a certain period.
Has anyone done this before and entered Canada without having permanent residency approval?

gd_lm

Feb 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-FEB-2015
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
08-APR-2015
File Transfer...
16-APR-2015 (Retained at CPC M)
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
03-FEB-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
29-APR-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
20-MAY-2015
Hey everyone,

First up - great thread! The shared advice and information has been very helpful, so thanks for that. Just hoping to get some feedback/advice on my current situation, as we want to feel confident we've checked all of our boxes before we send everything off.

Myself (Canadian) and my girlfriend of 7 years (Australian) are finalizing our Family-Class/Spousal PR application. My girlfriend has worked in Canada on 3 separate IEC visas over the past 7 years (save the 2 years we spent together in the UK on YMS visas). She is currently on her final IEC visa, as she turned 31 yesterday. Her current IEC expires on November 26th, 2015.

We have completed our application for PR - including sufficient evidence of our relationship (joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, MSP statements, tenancy agreements/leases, travel itineraries, stat decs from friends and family, and 7 years of photos). Now, we just have to send it off to be processed, but have a few lingering questions...

Q1 Should we apply inland or outland? We did see an immigration adviser last year, who strongly advised outland due to faster processing. Though, we are concerned about how this will affect her situation, should processing take a while, passing the expiry date on her current IEC visa. Even if we applied inland, can she receive 'implied status' or apply for an 'OWP'?

Q2 If we apply outland via Sydney, what happens if processing passes November 26th, and her current IEC visa expires. Is there any recourse here that we can explore to keep her working legally?

Q3 Should she get her medical check done up-front? Someone had advised us to wait until this is requested to ensure it is current, however, it seems most people here included this with the application up front. Thoughts?

Q4 We did not include any emails/letters/personal items, as we felt those are a bit less concrete compared to joint bank statements, leases, etc. Should we include these as well anyway? We do have a collection of notes, letters, emails, that we can include if advisable.

We feel our application should be pretty straight forward - just wanted to get some advice from all of you if we can!

Many thanks,

Greg & Lou

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
stgeorge said:
Hypothetically, if I were NOT to have final approval and entered Canada on a holiday VISA, would they have access to the information I have already processed for permanent residency? If not, then I would imagine I would need a return ticket or some ticket to leave Canada after a certain period.
Has anyone done this before and entered Canada without having permanent residency approval?
You're generally allowed to visit. But that hinges on the agents at the border believing it's just a visit. Return ticket would help, definitely. When talking to them, make sure you only refer to it as a visit. Have a job and a home to return to. Do not bring all your possessions, do not bring letters and cards of farewell, etc.

stgeorge

Jan 4, 2015
Can someone please explain to me the terms used in the Sydney spreadsheet, including the stage names and acronyms. For example my application was received by the CIC in Mississauga on November 3 2014 and I received notification of sponsor approval on 28 January 2015. They have 'supposedly' sent this for processing to the Sydney office.
Do I insert any of this information into the Sydney spreadsheet now or do I need to wait for communications from Sydney as to approval of another stage?

kiwi_girl

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015; 28-04-2015
File Transfer...
10-04-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-09-2015
gd_lm said:
Q3 Should she get her medical check done up-front? Someone had advised us to wait until this is requested to ensure it is current, however, it seems most people here included this with the application up front. Thoughts?

Q4 We did not include any emails/letters/personal items, as we felt those are a bit less concrete compared to joint bank statements, leases, etc. Should we include these as well anyway? We do have a collection of notes, letters, emails, that we can include if advisable.
We got medicals done up front as they are valid for a year and we hope processing won't take that long!

We also included a couple of emails, joint accounts, insurance docs and few photos however not as many as some because we have been married 8 years and have a child together. We are working on the assumption that if the CIC don't have to sift though too much stuff they will process it quicker - if they want further proof I'm sure they will ask