Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Just got back from the FexEx store. They said the passport would be in London by noon Tuesday.
thai/peg said:
That is great Swede! Congrats very jealous.
Thanks...
And don't be jealous - you'll get there... :)

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
Question, after the passport has been requested... what do they do now? Because they didn't make a decision just yet, right?
Why the request before? I'm just curious about the whole process itself.

Looks like they need a month or so until they send them back (at least Berlin, from what I gathered on trackitt).
The waiting game continues!

Also, will they give you like and information kit of the first steps of things you need to get sorted once you arrive in Canada? I'm pretty much at a loss where to start.

thank you, and good luck to you all =)

Bea

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Bea5 said:
Question, after the passport has been requested... what do they do now? Because they didn't make a decision just yet, right?
Why the request before? I'm just curious about the whole process itself.

Looks like they need a month or so until they send them back (at least Berlin, from what I gathered on trackitt).
The waiting game continues!

Also, will they give you like and information kit of the first steps of things you need to get sorted once you arrive in Canada? I'm pretty much at a loss where to start.

thank you, and good luck to you all =)

Bea
I think they just glue the visa into the passport and return it. I haven't gotten "decision made" in eCAS yet, but it's quite possible that they just haven't updated eCAS yet.

From trackitt I gather that processing the passport takes about two weeks plus transit, give or take.

I haven't gotten get any information yet, but I guess they have ample information at the border crossing.

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
Thank you, Swede!
I start to get all giddy now. ;D Read through a lot of info about preparing the immigration and what happens at the border, I am done for today, ha!
Hope I'll see the "decision made" online soon.. it would be kind of reassuring!

best of luck!

bea

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
ohhh I got my passport back! With the visa! So excited right now.... Must read the letter they sent with it tomorrow! YAY! :)

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Bea5 said:
ohhh I got my passport back! With the visa! So excited right now.... Must read the letter they sent with it tomorrow! YAY! :)
That was quick! Congrats! :)

So, when are you landing?

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
Thank you both! I am still rather overwhelmed, I didn't plan on landing so soon.. I think I'll land in the beginning of April... should be able to sort everything out until then!
:D

Cusin

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:) happy to here alot of you have already recieved your pr cards as for us still waiting :(

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Cusin said:
:) happy to here alot of you have already recieved your pr cards as for us still waiting :(
Where did you send your application?

rnbacchus

Jun 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband received his passport back today, with a shiny visa inside. Our timeline is in my signature below - I really didn't think we would be finished so quickly!

We're planning on doing his landing this weekend, by land crossing. We'll drive to Seattle to pick up his stuff and then drive back to the BC border for the landing. Hopefully the line-ups won't be too crazy, given that the Winter Olympics just began.

Hope those of you who are still waiting hear some good news soon!

rnbacchus

Jun 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband landed today! We crossed into the US via the Pacific Highway land crossing in the morning and headed to Seattle to load up the U-Hual with his stuff. We got back to the Canadian side of the crossing at about 6:00 PM. The whole landing process probably took about 30 minutes and was pretty painless. Now he just has to wait for his PR card in the mail. Great way to spend Valentine's Day! ;D

badhet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
i am so jealous with you guys,,, i haven't receive my visa yet it's been 3 months now.. am so worried...

congrats to all ...

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badhet said:
i am so jealous with you guys,,, i haven't receive my visa yet it's been 3 months now.. am so worried...

congrats to all ...
Hi Badhet,
Check ECAS. Mine just got updated to DM. Yours might have as well! I hope it's a positive one though. It would probably take 2 weeks though before I receive the letter here in Toronto. More waiting! God bless!