Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
Hello everyone,
I'm joining late as I just found this forum (yes, I'm a slow ;) )

My application was received Oct. 1st and now I got this update on the CIC webpage:

Sponsorship: Decision Made

We received the requested information on January 4, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.
We sent you a letter on January 4, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I am wondering now, is that good news? I find different information on the internet and the letter still didn't arrive. Sorry when I was blind.

Good luck to all of you! :)

-bea

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Bea5 said:
Hello everyone,
I'm joining late as I just found this forum (yes, I'm a slow ;) )

My application was received Oct. 1st and now I got this update on the CIC webpage:

I am wondering now, is that good news? I find different information on the internet and the letter still didn't arrive. Sorry when I was blind.

Good luck to all of you! :)

-bea
Remember that the mail process can take a while and it's not unheard of that things get lost either.

If you want to know now what they decided you can always call the CIC hotline (1-888-242-2100, 1 1 1 1 0 in the menu) and ask.

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
Thank you, Swede!
I hope the letter arrives soon, I'll bug my husband to call the hotline, though! :D

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my passport back today.

A couple of things on my COPR seem to have been truncated. My place of birth is truncated to the first ten letters of the city I was born in; no state is listed (my passport lists only the state and "U.S.A.", no city). My current street address has also had the letter dropped from the apartment number. Is either of these going to be a problem? Everything else is fine—there are no errors in my name, date of birth, or country of birth.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
YorkFactory said:

A couple of things on my COPR seem to have been truncated. My place of birth is truncated to the first ten letters of the city I was born in; no state is listed (my passport lists only the state and "U.S.A.", no city). My current street address has also had the letter dropped from the apartment number. Is either of these going to be a problem? Everything else is fine—there are no errors in my name, date of birth, or country of birth.
I'm sure they have the full information in the computer system - the truncation does most likely only appear on the paper copies.

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
gypsygirl said:
what was the requested information and when did you send it?
They wanted the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406E, I think? ) which they got Dec. 18, 2009.

TBH, the more I read on this forum, the more complicated it seems to get. Originally I thought you send in the papers of the application kit and that's it. Now I read about people who have to send in pay-slips and tons of additional info, people who go throug rough interviews and while it all makes sense, it makes me worry a lot, ha! Guess this is just not something you go through every now and then, heh! ;)

Edit: Silly me! Forgot the good news! My husband got approved as my sponsor and the application is on its way to Berlin. Good news! ;D

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
YorkFactory said:

you shouldn't worry much about it, as the main information (name, date of birth, or country of birth) are correct.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Bea5 said:
They wanted the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406E, I think? ) which they got Dec. 18, 2009.

TBH, the more I read on this forum, the more complicated it seems to get. Originally I thought you send in the papers of the application kit and that's it. Now I read about people who have to send in pay-slips and tons of additional info, people who go throug rough interviews and while it all makes sense, it makes me worry a lot, ha! Guess this is just not something you go through every now and then, heh! ;)

Edit: Silly me! Forgot the good news! My husband got approved as my sponsor and the application is on its way to Berlin. Good news! ;D
not all the cases require all of this. you can easily be amongst the lucky ones who have their cases straight forward.

I'm sure you have a positive decision made. Congratulations!

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are limits to the number of characters that specific fields can contain, so that may be why. Either way, inform the officer that lands you, and he can correct you if there is an error. Clerical errors are corrected by them on the spot.

YorkFactory said:

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
Just giving an update...
While visiting my husband in Bermuda for Christmas, our entire application package was returned... with a few forms requesting proof that he was really working in Bermuda. After going through everything, I realized that I had forgotten to send a copy of his work visa!! We quickly made copies, and it was recieved back in Buffalo on the 9th of January. I just checked ECAS, and it says that the permanent residence application is now "in process"! Hopefully it goes smooth from here!

Juche

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
AOR Received.
17-11-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2010
Passport request recieved today via email! Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Juche said:
Passport request recieved today via email! Good luck to all who are still waiting!
Congrats! :)

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
Suin said:
not all the cases require all of this. you can easily be amongst the lucky ones who have their cases straight forward.

I'm sure you have a positive decision made. Congratulations!
thank you! I try to not worry so much. And for now I'm relieved. :)

Bea5

Jan 11, 2010
Germany
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.1st '09
soooo.. today I got a letter from the embassy in Berlin requesting my passport... already? Does anyone know if this is good news?
Do they just request it just so I can't get into Canada to stay there illegally? Or are they actually close to making a decision? Nervous again! ::)