7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
PPR!!!! Whoop-whoop!

Oh my friggin gawd, we got PPR in the mail today!!!! ;D Postmarked Dec 15.

We're totally in shock! :eek: Figured it was just an AOR letter, nothing is updated in ecas about medicals or decision made or anything. Weren't expecting PPR until early or mid-Jan based on amsyul, OneLuckyCookie, and ange's times thru the Berlin office plus 2-3 weeks for xmas hols, so we are THRILLED to bits!

BRAVO CIC, you're beautiful! :-*

All that worrying and anxiety and stress is just flowing off my shoulders as the Champagne pours into my glass.... aaaah!

Now we're a bit sad that my hubby won't move/land until Easter and we'll be apart for no reason... but we never expected it this quick! But anyway, it's better than the alternative! We won't send his passport until after our Christmas holidays, since he needs it for our travel, so we'll update again later with info on the passport mailing and times, and we'll share our landing story as well, when the time comes (if any of you are still around on here)

Thanks so much to you all for your help and encouragement and camaraderie (no, this is not an Oscar speech... :p ) and I wish you all the same good luck!

Cheers yo!
The Littlest Hobo, who's international hobo days are almost over

PS For those who don't know the pleasure of 1960s kitch Canadian low-budget TV, here is my official theme song and my namesake :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=banXT6azA-4

Prodigy4299

Star Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
23-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2010
LANDED..........
26-07-2010
Congratulations! I can only imagine what you must feel like. And the fact that it came as a complete surprise - hah, that must be the best part! :)

UK2TO

Star Member
Sep 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2009
Med's Done....
7-10-2009
Passport Req..
25-02-2010
congrads TLH, thats pretty amazing...hopefully we all here something soon, im couriering my marriage certificate today, to the visa office, hopefully, that will speed up the process......

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Good news UK2TO, I reckon you won't be waiting much longer considering how quick the London office seems to be of late. We mailed the marriage cert on Monday the 7th, with the 3-day speedy service offered by the normal Swiss post. So I guess they received it, made the decision, and sent the letter in less than a week! I really feel like I'm dreaming!

It's true what others have written though, the letter doesn't give any clue that it's good news, it's really very cryptic:

In order to enable us to finalize the processing.... please provide the following within 60 days... let us know of any changes in your family status... blah blah blah

and then a list on the page of things to provide, there are 4 on the list but they only checked 2 in our case: Passport and "Fill out this form for each applicant" (a tiny bit of info: name, DOB, hair and eye colour, and height). The other 2 items on the check-list are 1 signed passport sized photo and proof of payment of Right of PR fee.

It then says: processing time will require a minimum of 10 working days. Same day processing is not possible. So that answers the question about whether to just drop by the embassy in Berlin.

There is a File number, but we still cannot log into ecas using it (or any other reference number!) and my husband's name. It only works for us with my (sponsor) name.

OK, gotta run, have fun kids!
TLH on Cloud 9

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Congrats, TLH! This is fantastic news... :)

...and you've really raised my expectations through the roof... ;D

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
great news, The Littlest Hobo! What a wonderful gift for Christmas! :)

travelcouple

Aug 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow everyone. Looks like people are being surprised with good news and that makes me happy to know its possible! I am not in such hard situation as some people, but boy am I ever getting depressed about waiting for this damned PR application. It was forwarded to London on Oct 27 and we still have not gained access to ECAS to see if it is in process. I guess the main thing is that I thought our application was so straight forward and simple, leaving no room for error. Medical, Police Check and payment receipts all included with the application. The worst part is that we are not allowed to contact the london office till 6 months have passed! It seems so long when some people who sent their applications November are getting PPR. Anyways, good luck to everyone in a life-of-waiting. Wouldnt it be nice to receive a wonderful letter in the mail just before Christmas day? :)

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: PPR!!!! Whoop-whoop!

The Littlest Hobo said:
Oh my friggin gawd, we got PPR in the mail today!!!! ;D Postmarked Dec 15.

We're totally in shock! :eek: Figured it was just an AOR letter, nothing is updated in ecas about medicals or decision made or anything. Weren't expecting PPR until early or mid-Jan based on amsyul, OneLuckyCookie, and ange's times thru the Berlin office plus 2-3 weeks for xmas hols, so we are THRILLED to bits!

BRAVO CIC, you're beautiful! :-*

All that worrying and anxiety and stress is just flowing off my shoulders as the Champagne pours into my glass.... aaaah!

Now we're a bit sad that my hubby won't move/land until Easter and we'll be apart for no reason... but we never expected it this quick! But anyway, it's better than the alternative! We won't send his passport until after our Christmas holidays, since he needs it for our travel, so we'll update again later with info on the passport mailing and times, and we'll share our landing story as well, when the time comes (if any of you are still around on here)

Thanks so much to you all for your help and encouragement and camaraderie (no, this is not an Oscar speech... :p ) and I wish you all the same good luck!

Cheers yo!
The Littlest Hobo, who's international hobo days are almost over

PS For those who don't know the pleasure of 1960s kitch Canadian low-budget TV, here is my official theme song and my namesake :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=banXT6azA-4

Wow Littlest Hobo- thats an AMAZING timeline for Berlin!! Congrats to you..!!

Prodigy4299

Star Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
23-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2010
LANDED..........
26-07-2010
This thread of ours seems to be a little abandoned these days. I am guessing that it is because we're all at the same stage of the process, waiting for the overseas office decision?

My optimistic self was hoping for a decision to be made before Christmas (what a gift that would've been!). Now, I am anxiously waiting and back to checking E-CAS 4x a day... :)

diddagirl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, the process is finally entirely complete! My bf picked up his visa from the consulate in Buffalo on Dec 22 and landed on our return Dec 29th. He is officially a Canadian Permanent Resident! The entire process was much easier then I anticipated and took months less then expected! Good luck to everyone else!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
congratulations, diddagirl! happy holidays! :)

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
diddagirl said:
Well, the process is finally entirely complete! My bf picked up his visa from the consulate in Buffalo on Dec 22 and landed on our return Dec 29th. He is officially a Canadian Permanent Resident! The entire process was much easier then I anticipated and took months less then expected! Good luck to everyone else!!
That's very nice to hear!

Congrats! :)

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

diddagirl said:

nanan-bing

Jan 4, 2010
Happy new year guys.. m new here in this thread.. i hope you guys can help me.. we also sent our application last october 2009. anyone here sponsoring their spouses from the philippines? here's our timeline:

September 11 - Documents received by CPC-M
October 5 - Started processing our application
October 13 - Letter was received for sponsorship approval
October 26 - Documents received by manila embassy

We haven't heard anything from the manila embassy since then.. Its been two months already that were waiting for my passport request. Iv been reading a lot of threads/forums that it usually takes a month for the embassy to ask for your passport.. Iv been stressing over this during the holidays.. I have a friend that they received their 2 letters (sponsorship evaluation and passport request) just two months since they passed their application. My friends told me maybe the application took a longer time as expected because of the holidays here in the philippines.. Should i call the embassy to ask about our application? But i'm hoping and praying always that any day now my letter would arrive.. Any replies here are greatly appreciated.. Thanks guys.. c",)

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
nanan-bing said:
Happy new year guys.. m new here in this thread.. i hope you guys can help me.. we also sent our application last october 2009. anyone here sponsoring their spouses from the philippines? here's our timeline:

September 11 - Documents received by CPC-M
October 5 - Started processing our application
October 13 - Letter was received for sponsorship approval
October 26 - Documents received by manila embassy

We haven't heard anything from the manila embassy since then.. Its been two months already that were waiting for my passport request. Iv been reading a lot of threads/forums that it usually takes a month for the embassy to ask for your passport.. Iv been stressing over this during the holidays.. I have a friend that they received their 2 letters (sponsorship evaluation and passport request) just two months since they passed their application. My friends told me maybe the application took a longer time as expected because of the holidays here in the philippines.. Should i call the embassy to ask about our application? But i'm hoping and praying always that any day now my letter would arrive.. Any replies here are greatly appreciated.. Thanks guys.. c",)
Manila takes 4-8 months to process, so just sit tight and I'm sure you'll be fine... :)