+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Applications sent November 2009

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Did anyone calling from overseas manage to find a valid number to reach someone? I just got an email from my mother saying that they called for me, but she said I was on holidays in Korea for a few months. Before she could get or give any more information the lady hung up. Now I am trying the 888 #, but cannot get through.

So of course Im losing my mind now!!!

ARGH, what a stupid process.

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
aw76 said:
Hello,

Did anyone calling from overseas manage to find a valid number to reach someone? I just got an email from my mother saying that they called for me, but she said I was on holidays in Korea for a few months. Before she could get or give any more information the lady hung up. Now I am trying the 888 #, but cannot get through.

So of course Im losing my mind now!!!

ARGH, what a stupid process.
Don't worry, I found this one the other day and it worked perfectly :) Just follow the instructions here:

http://immipedia.ca/CIC_call_centre

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANK YOU so much for that number, worked perfectly...not sure why they make it so difficult to find...i think im gonna start a new post in the forum with that in the subject so others can find it also...

i called, and the lady said when they cant get through to the sponsor and hang up, they usually make a note on the file as to why they were calling, etc. However, when I called, she said there was no reason given as to why they called? She then went on to say that she had good news for me and that my sponsorship had been approved and it a letter was mailed out on Dec.17th and my package was on its way to Seoul!!!!Nice early xmas present!!!dont hafta stress about me being the weak link in this operation, haha...

I logged on to the system with my receipt #, but I am still not in the system. Likely a lag between the decision being made/letter sent and updating the system.

My package was received on Nov.25, and has now been approved with the letter going out on Dec.17th. That is a 22 day turnaround time. Hope that means that others from the same general timeline will soon be hearing something as well. Good luck to all.

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
I called again today, just as a last ditch effort. I got a much friendlier person this time who gave me the fax number for CPC-M & told me I can always fax my request to them, but said the same: she can't see if they've received my application or not and has no way of checking. So I'm just going to have to wait until the New Year and if there's still no news on e-CAS, we're going to have to assume they never got it and put together a whole new application :'(

I just don't get it though... minx83 and aw76, you both got yours received November 25th at the CPC. Ours should have gotten there at the latest Nov. 16th, which is like a week and a half earlier. Not completely inconceivable that it would arrive a week and a half over the time the postal service promised us it would take, but all the other applications seem to be flying through their processing.

So yeah. We just have to forget about it now. I don't think it will make a difference faxing them - we don't have a machine anyway.

Ooh and I just HATE how they constantly interrupt you at the call center!

But congratulations to all you who have heard something back by now :) I bet it must've been a nice feeling having that horrible e-CAS page change to actually show your file! :)

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAMN...now im a bit worried...was just cruisin the posts and saw one where "toby" mentions that his package got to hongkong and sent back because he missed the signature half way down on 5406E....i was like, what the #$@#, i dont remember that...checked the copy of our files, and wouldnt u know it, my wife never signed that one either, we both missed it!!! kills me, as we thought we were so thorough and went through it like a million times.....

our info isnt on the site yet when i try to login with my receipt #, but the lady i talked to said it was approved....and letter sent....so now i dont know what is gonna happen...if its sent to seoul, and she is in seoul, would they be logical enough to call her # in seoul and ask her to come in to the office and sign it? or send it all back to me in canada, so i can send it to her, and then mail it all back in again?

i think another call is in order...

argh frustratin

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and yet another update--

so i called the centre again and explained the situation....he said that once mississauga approves sponsor and sends it on to the outland office it is in their (overseas office) hands, and that they would send the incomplete 5406 to her in Seoul...he said he had personally never heard of it coming back to the sponsor for something like that after it gets to next step...he didnt think it was a major problem, because if it was, they would have sent the package back to me for completion....---though tobys unfortunate experience would show otherwise....but it would appear that tobys wife also wrote on all her photos, so maybe that was the bigger problem?? or maybe that imm officer was havin a bad day?i dunno...seems so arbitrary....

he told me that as an proactive option, we could fill out and sign a new one and mail it again to mississauga with a letter of explanation and that they could then forward it to the seoul office...but he said we could also just wait till seoul likely mailed it to her....so, gotta make a decision as to what to do..itll likely take 3 days and 50$ to get it to mississauga from seoul, and by then itll be in seouls hands by electronic copy(they scan and etranfer it, as well as mail the actual files)...so not sure what the next move will be?

anyways, so goes the drama of importing a wife....shoulda just married an old rich lady from canada....woulda been much easier!!!!
whose stupid idea was it to get married for love???hahahaha

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
minx83 said:
Congrats on stage 1 aw! Seems we have the exact same timeline! I checked e-cas today and also got decision made!
congratulations with 1st stage approval, minx83! happy holidays!

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
UGH. Our app was delivered on the 25th too... still no word :( I'm getting worried - we had serious issues with canada post.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
fallenstar831 said:
UGH. Our app was delivered on the 25th too... still no word :( I'm getting worried - we had serious issues with canada post.
At the moment CPC-M is at 37 days, so no need to be worried... :)

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
I get where it is processing at, but when others who's app was delivered on the same day are starting to see things happen and you are not there is a little bit of worry in there :)

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
fallenstar831 said:
I get where it is processing at, but when others who's app was delivered on the same day are starting to see things happen and you are not there is a little bit of worry in there :)
II agree! lol I tried to explain this to the woman I spoke to yesterday on the phone (at CPC-M) and I was like, "There's this forum I'm a member of for people going through this same process and I've just been getting worried because I can see all the others who've submitted theirs after our application should've arrived have already-"

...and then she cut me off (as they always do) and just stated the current waiting time or something. Then she asked for my email so she could send me "this link they have on their website where you can check the status of your application" !?#*! lol. I tried to explain calmly that I was on that very page about 5 times a day, hence my worrying! :p

Well, looks like it's just you and me, fallenstar831. Is there anyone else still waiting?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, guys and girls; some people get theirs done sooner than other, but as long as you are within normal processing times there is no cause for concern.

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys ,
i sent my application 25 November , received by MCC 26 November ,
i paid the fees online and i have reciet i printed it after paying , everytime i check ecass and nothing until now!!!
the reciet starts with R0000 0000 0 and 9 numbers is that right to check by this number ?

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
egytabeb said:
Hi guys ,
i sent my application 25 November , received by MCC 26 November ,
i paid the fees online and i have reciet i printed it after paying , everytime i check ecass and nothing until now!!!
the reciet starts with R0000 0000 0 and 9 numbers is that right to check by this number ?
Yes that's correct using the receipt number, and don't worry about having nothing show up yet, they are only processing applications up to November 27th at the moment so you'd be at the end of that pile most likely :)