+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Applications sent November 2009

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@aw76

On the form 5406, which part did you forget to sign? Section A, B, C, D ?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
AW76:

I checked and the letter requesting a signed IMM5406 was sent to my wife, not to me (sponsor). So your IMM5406 will be sent to your wife in Seoul.

Rather than wait for Seoul to contact you, you might email the Canadian embassy there, citing your receipt unmber or Client ID # (if you have one yet). Explain the situation (brieflyl they have very little patience I find), and ask if your wife could mail the signed IMM5406 now, letting Seoul add it to the file when it arrives from Mississauga.

Seoul will give you one of three possible answers:
1) No.
2) Yes.
3) A canned response saying "Please refer to our website where everything is explained very well, and never bother us again with your petty questions. It is Christmas season, and we have many glamorous parties to attend, at taxpayer expense!!!!"

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@KL8N

Section B -Note 2 ---we did write not applicable in the box for section b, just didnt sign

im assuming it is a minor omission, and that is why they chose to send it along as approved anyways....hopefully will only result in a delay of a few days, or none if i send a signed copy to the embassy proactively on monday....

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@toby

Thanks for checking that...that is reassuring...i started to email the embassy's case specific address the other day, but then decided to wait a day or two for the file to make it to seoul so they had something to refer to....going to email them now tho, so hopefully they will get it at beginning of business day on monday....hopefully will only result in a minor delay...

cheers

p.s. yah the i.o.'s dont seem to be the happiest and most understanding people in the world...the one that called for me wouldnt answer my moms questions about who was calling....when she asked a second time, the i.o. barked out "govt of canada" and hung up....

suprised my application still got approved so quickly considering she seemed to be so short with my mom during the call...

ah, govt bureaucracy, gotta love it...

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
also noteworthy, logged on to ecas today, which is saturday in Canada, and my information was there to view, so it can obviously be updated on any day of the week..

kissyaman

Star Member
Nov 28, 2009
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mississauga recieved our application Nov. 6 2009

and started processing Nov. 27 2009

and until now still no progress the status on the sponsorship on ecas is still "in process" so my wife called yesterday and the call center agent said that the principal applicant's immig picture is incomplete because I (principal applicant) just wrote my name at the back of the picture without my bday and the date the picture was taken... that is why they return our application... but my wife at vancouver as of today are still not recieving our application and the letter saying our application are incomplete... and the call center agent said that by this time my wife should already recieved our application and the letter... so thats our problem right now mississauga said that they send our application back to us already and now we dont know where our application is... and if they send our application back to us the ecas status should change to "decision made"

i guess we cannot totally relly on ecas status

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought name and birthday was sufficient for the back of the photo? Do you need to include the date the photo was taken?

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think the photo specifications differ according to geographic supplementary package...for korea, we needed name,date of birth, and date photo taken on back of one and only one.....

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
It must be, I think for my photos, I just needed one signed and ratified by a witness to verify who I was.

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
aw76 said:
also noteworthy, logged on to ecas today, which is saturday in Canada, and my information was there to view, so it can obviously be updated on any day of the week..
aw - THANK YOU for saying this! I had lost all hope and resolved to not check e-CAS again, but when you wrote this curiosity got the better of me aaaand...

WE'RE ON THERE NOW!!

I did a literal double take on the screen. I am so relieved that we know now that they actually are in possession of our application lol. It says Decision Made on the 17th (December) and that was the same day they started processing it, so I hope that means it's good news.

For those applying from overseas - how long did it take you to receive your DM letter from them? :)

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
ekristensen said:
WE'RE ON THERE NOW!!
WOW, that's great news!!! At long last!

You can see in my profile the time for the Swiss post, probably a touch slower than Denmark (the Swiss post is certainly slower than France anyhow) but remember this time of year the postal service is bogged down so don't worry if it's slow. I'm sure your sponsorship will be approved!

Lycka till!
TLH

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
ekristensen said:
For those applying from overseas - how long did it take you to receive your DM letter from them? :)
Hi, Yes, I would consider an approval on the day they started processing the sponsorship as being a good thing, if there was a problem, I think they would ask for more information before rejecting.
For me, I am in Wales and my wife is in Vancouver and she got the sponsorship accepted letter about four days later.

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ekristensen

good to hear...congrats...now its time for the next stage of waiting...

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thax ekristensen , my application delivered 26 NOVEMBER until now nothing... so can u tell me the link to view my case on e-cas ?i am confused , i am now at Canada by temporary visa , may be they slow down my case because of that!!!

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
Thank you everyone - for not only for putting up with me during my worrying, but for your kind words now :p It was indeed a lovely (early) Christmas present. It's actually mine and my husband's birthday this Friday (we both are born on the same day, him 2 years earlier, and yes it is on Christmas day!) so maybe we'll hear something around that time and get a lovely birthday present, too! :)

egytabeb said:
Thax ekristensen , my application delivered 26 NOVEMBER until now nothing... so can u tell me the link to view my case on e-cas ?i am confused , i am now at Canada by temporary visa , may be they slow down my case because of that!!!
You go here to check the status of your application: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

You just use your receipt number to see if you're in the system yet and if you're not, don't worry - it just means they haven't gotten to your application yet :) You should receive word soon, because your application was delivered the day after ours and we've gotten news, so just hang in there.