Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
Suin said:
actually it's 37 days at cic site now:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

expect to hear from them any day. defubutely should be good news by Christmas!
Yeah I called them yesterday but they were of no help - they couldn't even tell me if they'd even received my application, which I should have pressed for but if they can't tell me, they can't tell me. And the guy on the phone told me it was actually taking 40 days now to process applications and I have to wait 40 days to call them :(

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent in the amended application again today. Hope it doesn't go to the back of the line.... :-[

sulo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2009
File Transfer...
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
Suin said:
congratulations, Sulo! must be good news!
Thanks Suin. Yes,I got approved as the sponsor.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
that's much earlier than they state on-line! thank you for update, minx83!

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
minx83 said:
Called CIC today and they confirmed delivery of my application. It began processing today. Very relieved!
That's weird - the person I spoke to told me they couldn't confirm or deny if they'd received ours. Do you think they told you because they had began processing your application the same day you called so you'd just been put in the system?

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, She told me that she may not be able to help me out but after looking she said my app had just shown up on her system because they had just opened it that day. She also was able to give me my client number and said things are moving pretty quickly but because of the holidays that I will most likely not receive a letter in the mail until after the new year. I'm crossing my fingers that they reach a decision quickly!

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Was there anything for you on ecas minx? Our applications went in on the same day and I have nothing on ecas, I'm assuming we are in the same boat... I'm going to try call tomorrow to see what they say - we had some canada post problems so I'm a bit nervous.

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ekristensen said:
That's weird - the person I spoke to told me they couldn't confirm or deny if they'd received ours. Do you think they told you because they had began processing your application the same day you called so you'd just been put in the system?
I would call again, civil servants can be extremely unhelpful if they feel like it. I've had plenty of experiences with immigration in both Canada and Ireland where the person on the other end of the phone decided my phone call was an inconvenience to them, so they would be as difficult as possible. You say thank-you very much for your help. You ring again and you get a different operator (hopefully) and they are usually more helpful. My husband called immigration in Ireland (on behalf of me, Canadian citizen living in Ireland) asking about my case. The operator said he couldn't give him any information. My husband then asked to speak to the operator's superior to which the operator HUNG UP on him. My husband called back, explained what happened to the 2nd operator to which he apologised for the awful handling of his query and went on to get us the information we were looking for.

So I'd call back, explain my situation and if they say they can't help I'd ask to speak to their superior. You have the right to know.

gteacher

Nov 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just logged in today and got a decision made. Is it a good sign when the decision for application to sponsor is made quickly. I swear my heart is jumping outa my chest right now, I don;t know if I should be worried or excited.

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
still nothing showing on e-cas for us. I would say try calling tomorrow and hope you get a helpful person on the other end. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
Take a look at the timelines in the threads for Aug, Sept, and Oct, or on trackitt. The time between when the application arrived at CPC-M and the time for the sponsor approval letter to arrive in the post can take 3-4 weeks and has probably slowed down now because of the Christmas season.

I don't think everyone should call Mississauga just because they are curious about the status of their sponsorship application... if EVERYONE did this you could imagine they would need 2 or 3 staff full-time on the phone just for that... and I would understand if they got cranky unless there is a real, legitimate reason to call. The criteria to be a sponsor are very straightforward and clearly defined. If you meet them you likely don't need to worry, you just need to be patient. We're like you and checking ecas and the mailbox obsessively but still not going to call them until we exceed the timelines of others who've gone through our VO plus a couple weeks to consider xmas hols.

Good luck to you (and to all of us), let's hope we can all find something to distract us so the time goes more quickly.
Cheers,
TLH

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
The Littlest Hobo said:
Take a look at the timelines in the threads for Aug, Sept, and Oct, or on trackitt. The time between when the application arrived at CPC-M and the time for the sponsor approval letter to arrive in the post can take 3-4 weeks and has probably slowed down now because of the Christmas season.

I don't think everyone should call Mississauga just because they are curious about the status of their sponsorship application... if EVERYONE did this you could imagine they would need 2 or 3 staff full-time on the phone just for that... and I would understand if they got cranky unless there is a real, legitimate reason to call. The criteria to be a sponsor are very straightforward and clearly defined. If you meet them you likely don't need to worry, you just need to be patient. We're like you and checking ecas and the mailbox obsessively but still not going to call them until we exceed the timelines of others who've gone through our VO plus a couple weeks to consider xmas hols.

Good luck to you (and to all of us), let's hope we can all find something to distract us so the time goes more quickly.
Cheers,
TLH
I understand that, which is why I was so apologetic to the guy I spoke to at the call center! But we haven't even had word that they've received our package, so we have no idea if it is waiting to be processed or if it is lost in the mail. If it is the latter, we need to whip up a whole new, duplicate application and get it sent off a.s.a.p. I know it's Christmastime so everything is a bit slower, but everyone around us who've sent their apps off at the same time as us or LATER in some cases have all heard word back. We just want to know if the post was just really, really slow delivering our application to them or if they never even got it :/

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
ekristensen said:
We just want to know if the post was just really, really slow delivering our application to them or if they never even got it :/
Yes, as we didn't send it by courier we had this same agony for nearly a month and we really were annoyed at our decision to use the mail... but don't worry! It's SO rare that a letter or package truly gets lost in the mail, it's probably safe and warm in a pile... near the top :)

Hang in there, and don't panic yet!

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
Same here, we used normal mail, not thinking to get it signed for, so until we saw the status on ecas we had a little over a month of worry. After that I always made sure everything sent was signed for, just for peace of mind. We had little interaction from CIC or the London office apart from notifications of wanting something or decisions made. Communication is not their strong point.

Never had I truly realised the meaning of "Patience is a virtue" until we started this process. :)