+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Applications sent November 2009

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx Ritosgirl.
Although the method of payment for applicants applying from Japan is different in that we can't use the IMM 5401 as our receipt. In fact the receipt is just the one issued from the bank where we paid our fees. Any other ideas? I might post this in it's own thread in order to keep this thread about Novemberite's waiting times.

arrigato gozaimasu

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any idea why they return sponsership application. I was able to check status today but it says application has been returned. I have sent then everything managed properly. I work as a full-time employee for one of the top university (considered stable job) and have no one else to support. No previous marriage or any liability. Just wonder why they returned my application?

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is weird catchvb, don't know why, maybe there was something filled in incorrectly, there are lots of reasons why, I wouldn't panic though. Wait til you get the letter, it's probably not a big issue, you will probably just have to fix some of the paperwork then resubmit and it will take a little longer. Fingers crossed for you

As far as ECAS goes, we didn't pay online so we don't have an IMM#, however my husband already has a client ID as he has lived in Canada twice on visitors permits. After spontaneous attempts with no result, last night I put in the number and instead of going to a page that says "we cannot find you" it went to a page that said his name. Progress! But there is nothing else! Just his name, instructions to click on the underlined for information (although there is nothing underlined or otherwise), an option to make CAS unavailable and a logout button....??? I'm guessing there is something missing here. Has anyone else come across this problem yet? Maybe they have set up a CAS account for him but not updated it yet. I checked again today and got the same result. I'm almost tempted to click on the SUBMIT button, just because it's the only thing to click on! But I'm pretty sure if I did that I wouldn't be able to check it online EVER. I keep telling myself PATIENCE!!!!

Anyone else have any progress yet?

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi, I sent mine about 2 weeks ago. I sent it with Canada Post registered mail, with a signature. Someone signed for it on Nov. 12th. What happens from here? How do you post the progress of your application on here?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
catchvb said:
Any idea why they return sponsership application. I was able to check status today but it says application has been returned. I have sent then everything managed properly. I work as a full-time employee for one of the top university (considered stable job) and have no one else to support. No previous marriage or any liability. Just wonder why they returned my application?
maybe there was some document missing. are you sure that you included everything according to checklist? that is usually the main reason why they return applications as well as incorrect payments an missing information forms.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
amibhi said:
Hi, I sent mine about 2 weeks ago. I sent it with Canada Post registered mail, with a signature. Someone signed for it on Nov. 12th. What happens from here? How do you post the progress of your application on here?
now you need to wait for the moment Mississauga opens your file for processing.

as for the posting the progress - you need to edit your signature in profile.

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Thank you Suin,
Would you happen to know how to get the status of an application? I'm so lost.......
Good luck to everyone here. I'm Canadian (Toronto) and my husband is Egyptian.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
amibhi said:
Thank you Suin,
Would you happen to know how to get the status of an application? I'm so lost.......
Good luck to everyone here. I'm Canadian (Toronto) and my husband is Egyptian.
you can try and check it on the following link:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

you just need to enter your receipt number and info. but you will not be able to see your status until Mississauga starts working on your application.

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Thank you very much Suin, you're very helpful.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Suin

Thank you. I am just waiting for mail to arrive. I have all the documents with it in well-managed. I called CIC probably my wife has missed her signature at one place. This will delay again the whole process. :-( . Do you think it is a good idea to apply for new police clearance certificate right now as my police clearance will expire by end of Feb-2010 and I do not think even in best possibility Buffalo will process the application in 3 months (considering the holiday season).. Any idea what should I do?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
catchvb said:
@ Suin

Thank you. I am just waiting for mail to arrive. I have all the documents with it in well-managed. I called CIC probably my wife has missed her signature at one place. This will delay again the whole process. :-( . Do you think it is a good idea to apply for new police clearance certificate right now as my police clearance will expire by end of Feb-2010 and I do not think even in best possibility Buffalo will process the application in 3 months (considering the holiday season).. Any idea what should I do?
The police records have to be no older than three months the day your application arrives in Mississauga. No worries there. :)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Swede

Thank you. I thought it should be valid the day you get your PR approved?
I will wait in case they ask for the new police clearance.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nah, if that were the case we'd all have to get new police certificates. :) No worries there.

They may sometimes request police certificates if an extreme amount of time has passed, but generally not.

catchvb said:
@ Swede

Thank you. I thought it should be valid the day you get your PR approved?
I will wait in case they ask for the new police clearance.

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everybody!

Got a letter today from Mississauga- Sponsorship Approved! So excited! Anyone else hear anything? Ours was received at CPC-M on Nov. 5th and they started processing Nov. 24th. Less than 20 days!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
kittty said:
Hello Everybody!

Got a letter today from Mississauga- Sponsorship Approved! So excited! Anyone else hear anything? Ours was received at CPC-M on Nov. 5th and they started processing Nov. 24th. Less than 20 days!
Congrats! They seem to be making good time... :)

Where is the application heading next?