Thread for Applications sent November 2009

freak

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ritosgirl said:
freak said:
just checked online with my receipt number
the decision was made on nov.27, but the mailing address was mistyped by cpc, therefore the mail was never received by us. any clues, folks?
i would definitely call cpc-m!! to at least correct the address, and they will be able to tell you over the phone whether or not you have been approved! :)
they cannot reveal any info since they said they dont share info with mississauga. i would have to fax cpc-m to ask about this. would u guys know what does the 'decision made' mean actually on ur online status?

Pablojinko

Oct 30, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2009
Well my call finally got through. I spoke with an officer who told me that our application WAS APPROVED!!!! I'm so happy, the decision was made on november 23, day when they sent the letter (which BTW hasn't arrived yet) and my wife's file to visa office in Caracas. I'm still waiting for the letter to send all the papers to the government of Quebec. I keep my finger crossed hoping to get the certificate de selection du Quebec before the holidays.

The officer told me that they work with a three weeks top for mailing the letters :S I think thats a little long...

Good luck to everybody and congratulations to those of you who have already received the precious letter =)

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Pablojinko - what day did you app get received by CPC-M?

Pablojinko

Oct 30, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2009
fallenstar831 said:
Pablojinko - what day did you app get received by CPC-M?
I sent our application oct30, it was received in Mississauga on nov 4. Actually I just got a word from my lawyer (we're using a representative) telling me that the letter arrived =) so if any of you are using a lawyer, the letter would be actually sent to him/her, that's other thing the immigration officer told me.

Now we're ready to send our forms to the Quebec government, I heard they take two weeks to mail the certificate de selecction du Quebec.

Good luck to all!

freak

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pablojinko said:
Well my call finally got through. I spoke with an officer who told me that our application WAS APPROVED!!!! I'm so happy, the decision was made on november 23, day when they sent the letter (which BTW hasn't arrived yet) and my wife's file to visa office in Caracas. I'm still waiting for the letter to send all the papers to the government of Quebec. I keep my finger crossed hoping to get the certificate de selection du Quebec before the holidays.

The officer told me that they work with a three weeks top for mailing the letters :S I think thats a little long...

Good luck to everybody and congratulations to those of you who have already received the precious letter =)
yeah. i phoned them up again and hear the approval result, shortly before the mistakenly addressed mail arrived, at the correct adress anyways.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
that's good news, freak! congratulations! :)

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehehe, I thought this sounded like an insult, until I scrolled up and saw that his name is actually Freak! :D

Suin said:
that's good news, freak! congratulations! :)

chinny09

Dec 1, 2009
Hello,I sent in my application on the 15th of November.My apllication reached Novascotia from the tracking via UPS.I am a bit worried because i have been unable to access my application via the I need to section.
Also i paid online though i am outside Canada,i did this because there i read on the CIC website that from Sept 8 2009 application fees can be paid online for the FSW.I included the payment form and the receipt i got after the payment was made.The cash was also deducted from my Visa card.i am worried because i learnt that people who paid online have had their forms returned.What do you think or do you think its early to expect information from the CIC website.

Thanks

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, your case information will not appear on the website until they start processing your case, which can take a while. It's only been just over 2 weeks, so this is perfectly normal and nothing to sweat over.

The Littlest Hobo

Star Member
Nov 13, 2009
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
chinny09 said:
Hello,I sent in my application on the 15th of November.My apllication reached Novascotia from the tracking via UPS.I am a bit worried because i have been unable to access my application via the I need to section.
Also i paid online though i am outside Canada,i did this because there i read on the CIC website that from Sept 8 2009 application fees can be paid online for the FSW.I included the payment form and the receipt i got after the payment was made.The cash was also deducted from my Visa card.i am worried because i learnt that people who paid online have had their forms returned.What do you think or do you think its early to expect information from the CIC website.

Thanks
Hi, I think you are in the wrong place on the forum, this is Family Class, there should be another area of the forum for skilled worker applicants.
Good luck,
TLH

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
chinny09 said:

Thanks
For FSW I think it takes upto 3-4 months to get your 1st stage approved. You just need to go to FSW threads to get exact info.

sulo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2009
File Transfer...
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
I have a question you guys,
If I apply for a student loan at this point will it affect my sponsorship application? Will I be considered as getting social assistace? Please help me out.
Sulo

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, student loans are not a problem. They are not social assistance and will not interfere with the sponsorship or PR application.

sulo said:
I have a question you guys,
If I apply for a student loan at this point will it affect my sponsorship application? Will I be considered as getting social assistace? Please help me out.
Sulo

Pablojinko

Oct 30, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2009
I have some updates for my case...

I received the approval letter last Wednesday and I delivered myself the application to the Quebec government last Friday. For any of you applying from Montreal I recommend you to deliver the application to the Quebec government directly in their office. A lady there received my envelope with no trouble at all.

Also today I checked Ecas and appear that my wife's PR application is already in Caracas. It says that the embassy "started processing the application on December 4"... so far, so good... I hope everything stays the same way to finally be with my wife soon...

God luck to all...

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
Pablojinko said:
Also today I checked Ecas and appear that my wife's PR application is already in Caracas. It says that the embassy "started processing the application on December 4"... so far, so good... I hope everything stays the same way to finally be with my wife soon...

God luck to all...
I hope you can be with her soon, too - good luck! :)

It amazes me how many of you have to live away from your spouses and go through this. Putting together our application was so stressful, I can't imagine how hard it would have been without my husband, if he wasn't allowed to live with me or we weren't allowed to be together. It's ridiculous we live in a world where there are actually circumstances - laws! - under which one cannot live with their spouse due to nationality... but oh well, we've all had this conversation, haven't we? lol. Hopefully it will all work out for the best for everyone here :)