Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
britincanada said:
India Requests passports before they do background checks and asses your relationship etc..
That's a bit strange. Does that mean that they hold on to your passport until the processing has been done?

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
Yes..New Delhi only has a 3-5 month processing time..very fast!

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
britincanada said:
India Requests passports before they do background checks and asses your relationship etc..
Oh I see.... must be a bit inconvenient if you want to travel in the meantime though, or do they give them back and then request them at the end?

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
:D Thanks everyone!

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hi everybody there
i hope everything is doing good with all of you
well,i think i have a problem,,,as i said before i'm being sponsored by my Canadian wife who is from newfoundland,she sent our application on June,and a few days later she called the post office there at newfoundland to see if Mississauga has received it,then they answered,yes,so,it got received on 18th June,since then,my wife didn't get any letter from them to say that they have the application and they start treating it or something,we just being waiting and waiting,she called them,and that agent told her that he can see the application received,but he doesn't know anything about it,ouhhh,,,so who else knows about it?!!!!it is really strange,well we told each other we should give it more time,till yesterday,we decided to try and check it on line,with the receipt number(IMM5401),we couldn't get anything,it just kept saying,they don't have any file with that information,we tried over and over again,and still nothing.
i'm wondering now,why my wife hasn't gotten any letter from Mississauga,as a confirmation that they received the application,i really don't know what is going on,it's almost 2 months now that it's there and we don't know anything about it
i hope there is something you can tell me and it can help,please guys
Mohamed

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
giggles1985 said:
@ gladiateur19 - My husband is in Newfoundland as well. It took about a month and a half to get our sponsorship approved and about a week and a half between the date of approval and the date we recieved the letter.
e-CAS was updated before we got the actual letter so keep trying to log in with your receipt number and wife's personal details, you should be able to get in soon :)
hi giggles1985,i keep trying log in with our receipt number and my wife's information,but nothing,still nothing there,it is really weird,,,i don't know what to do
my wife didnt even get a letter from mississauga saying that they reived the aplication,she only called her post office,and they told her that it got there on 18th june

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Hey Gladiateur... try calling 1-888-242‑2100 anytime from Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.

Go through the automated system and ask to talk to an agent or representative. I had to do the same to ask if they've opened my file because I had to send my 2009 Option C Printout as I had only sent 2008. The Agent told me that my file had already been looked at and the decision had been made. She said that I should be receiving a letter in the mail in the coming week. She also mentioned that my wife's application for PR was sent down to Lima, Peru.. which means that they have confirmed my eligibility to be her sponsor.

From the day that they received the application to the day they approved me was 35 days in Mississauga.

Maybe mention to the agent that it's been over 2 months for your wife's application. Maybe they've miss placed it? or they're gathering every little detail possible and may require more documents? I'm not too sure.

I would had your wife call them Monday morning first thing. Waiting sucks!!
(be in mind that there are certain things as to which the agents cannot look up. But they will be able to see if the file has been opened etc.)

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Boman744 said:
Hey Gladiateur... try calling 1-888-242‑2100 anytime from Monday-Friday 9am-4pm.

Go through the automated system and ask to talk to an agent or representative. I had to do the same to ask if they've opened my file because I had to send my 2009 Option C Printout as I had only sent 2008. The Agent told me that my file had already been looked at and the decision had been made. She said that I should be receiving a letter in the mail in the coming week. She also mentioned that my wife's application for PR was sent down to Lima, Peru.. which means that they have confirmed my eligibility to be her sponsor.

From the day that they received the application to the day they approved me was 35 days in Mississauga.

Maybe mention to the agent that it's been over 2 months for your wife's application. Maybe they've miss placed it? or they're gathering every little detail possible and may require more documents? I'm not too sure.

I would had your wife call them Monday morning first thing. Waiting sucks!!
(be in mind that there are certain things as to which the agents cannot look up. But they will be able to see if the file has been opened etc.)
thank you very much boman 744,,,,i will ask my wife to call them on monday,morning,,,since im here in morocco,im not allowed to call mississauga,because im not the sponsor,,it's my wife,,,right????

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
So Today I finally paid my RPRF..I was not able to pay it at the time I paid my applicants fees 3 months ago! I am hoping my application will not be held up now and so glad to get it out of the way :D

Boman744

May 19, 2010
gladiateur19 said:
thank you very much boman 744,,,,i will ask my wife to call them on monday,morning,,,since im here in morocco,im not allowed to call mississauga,because im not the sponsor,,it's my wife,,,right????
Absolutely Gladiateur. You two are in the first stage of the whole Sponsorship / PR process. She must make the phone call because she is the one sponsoring you. They will ask her a number of questions to verify that it is actually her calling unless she has a Client ID number. I hope what I've said will help the two of you :).. I'm not too knowledgeable about immigrations, but this is what I have experienced :p I wish you the best!! Good luck bud :)

britincanada said:
So Today I finally paid my RPRF..I was not able to pay it at the time I paid my applicants fees 3 months ago! I am hoping my application will not be held up now and so glad to get it out of the way :D
Britin, what is the RPRF? I remember paying the $550 for sponsorship.. is that the 2nd payment that or my wife must make for the PR process? If so, when do I have to pay that and how will I or her be notified about such? Her application for PR was sent to Lima about 10 days ago. --- Thanks for the help :)

- Bo

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
The total fees for the Application are:

Sponsorship: $ 75.00
Applicant Process fee: $ 475.00
Right of Permanent Residence fee: $ 490.00
Total Fees Required: $1040.00

RPRF is usually paid with the first 2 processing fees when the application is submitted to Mississauga, the RPRF can be deferred..however Permanent Residency Visa will not be issued until the $490 has been paid..If CIC needs to request the fees the application process may be held up for 2 months or more if not paid promptly! If you make the payment before CIC requests the fees there wont be any hold up with your application! I would go and pay the fee if you have not done so to avoid delays as it takes 6-8 weeks for Mississauga to process the fee.. ???

I deferred my fee because I had to submit my application to prove to CPC-Vegreville that I had applied for PR before I extended my stay in Canada and our daughter was having a lot of medical problems due to the apartment we lived in..we discovered there was a lot of mould so we had to move asap! So we couldn't afford the whole $1040 in one go!

You can pay the fee Online or at your bank (You will require to order a receipt IMM5401 for your bank)..send a fax of the receipt to Lima after your wife has received AOR with her B-File number on it.. If you pay online print 2 receipts write Your wifes B-file number, Full Name and date of birth on one the receipt. Then send the 2nd receipt to Mississauga! That's where the fee is processed..Lima just needs a copy so they know its been paid without needing to chaise you for the details! Hope this answers your question :)

giggles1985

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo>Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 25, 2010
AOR Received.
July 22, 2010
File Transfer...
July 28, 2010
Med's Done....
Feb 03, 2010
Passport Req..
Sept 16, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 05, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 09, 2010
gladiateur19 - Mississauga does not send out any kind of acknowledgment letter. The first thing you will receive from them will be the sponsorship approval (or possibly rejection although let's hope you don't get that ;))

You are past the normal time line, though, according to the website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship
So it would probably be a good idea for you to give them a call.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
giggles1985 said:
gladiateur19 - Mississauga does not send out any kind of acknowledgment letter. The first thing you will receive from them will be the sponsorship approval (or possibly rejection although let's hope you don't get that ;))

You are past the normal time line, though, according to the website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship
So it would probably be a good idea for you to give them a call.
my wife is going to call them tomorrow,,,to see what is going on,,,i hope hearing good news inshallah