+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applications sent December 2009!!!

alpesantezo

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-01-2010
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
19-09-2010
Interview........
NO!
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
seems that december is taking a while to get processed everywhere.. anyways good luck to everyone.... hope we all get it soon!

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
new passport made it to ccg safely
now i wait
again

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
we sent our application as common spouse on december 1st...as quebec common spouse

mississauga approved on dec 31st 2009. Quebec approved on Jan 23rd 2010.

In February I was in rome to visit my family (where the application is processed) and I passed by the embassy. I asked if they received my application and they said yes, it was there but still not opened. the girl told me that they received it at the end of January.

well my partner received a letter that they started to process (they opened) his file on MARCH 25TH...I mean, the application was there for two months and anyone touched it!!!

so we are still waiting right now. i really would like this visa right now....anyone with the same situation?
december ones still waiting?

grettta

Star Member
Feb 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2010
LANDED..........
22-06-2010
Mirkopal, which visa office is processing your application? We sent our file in December 7, it was approved by Mississauga around January 5, then forwarded to Buffalo which "started processing" January 19. We are also still waiting.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Mexico asked us for additional proof of us living together, which we sent last week. No update as of yet, though.

Mirkopal, a similar situation happened to us - Buffalo had our application (even though we had specified that we wanted it sent to Mexico City, which is where my partner is from) and it took them 3 months to figure out that it was in the wrong office! All that wasted time...quite possibly no one even looked at our application for a majority of that time. So don't worry, you're not alone! ;)

Good luck fellow Decemberites, and keep us posted!

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Well it was in the right office because we asked Rome because my partner even he lives in France since 2005 he s Italian
just wondering about the right of being resident in Canada during the application because I am a PR as a sponsor
I came back to Montreal in December and se the application from there
I am actually writing mydissertation thesis and a lot of research that I need are in France
so this year I went to Paris 4 times for short periods (max 5 days)
obviously I stayed at my boyfriend s place
but going out of the country for professional and personal reason does not mean that you don't reside anymore right? I har also paied my taxes last month here!
Because some people are writing to me inthis forum that I will e rejected because I did not stay in the country during the process
but there is a difference between the word reside and staying
and what does it mean that someone need to stay for 10 monts without going out to Canada during all the process??

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
And btw the funniest thing is that in febrary when I stopped by the immigration office in Rome the woman really gently told me
your package is there but it has not been opened yet (it would be opened on march 25)
we received all ur emails that u sent (after having sen the application in December I sent emails to keep them posted when he was oigto visit me in Canada or short periods and our intentions ) and also said not to send anything else if it was not asked by them
and she cocludes like that
'but don t worry you are in the priority class'!!

Well I can imagine how much linger istaking or the others...
My partner is going to Italy to see hisfamily and he s wondering to pass by the immigration office again and ask fr more, or to give them more proofs (more pictures ad emails taken during this time plus plane tickets rtc)
but I don t think is a good idea right?
but I don't think is a good idea right?

I

iarblue

well they did tell you not to send any emails unless they asked so?Your guess is as good as anyones stop by it cant hurt but supplying more proof not it just slows it down when they have to add stuff you send or drop off.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
status on Ecas no says decision made :

A decision has been made on ****************application. The office will contact ************ concerning this decision.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Yay, congratulations!! Hopefully it's good news!

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
wow...
why don't they give an exact update about the decision???
I mean one still has to suffer like that !!!

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
in which way they contact you to request the passport or to tell you that they want to issue the visa?
email
phone
letter??