+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2011 (Letter Recd: 20 Apr 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
5 May 2011 (Passport Recd: 11 May 2011)
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
charmz said:
@ avibis,

Yup, I have sent them a min of 5 CSE but there has been no reply asof yet. Has anyone ever contacted the MP? If yes, I would like to understand the procedure.

Just to confirm, did you send the CSE, or did you get your spouse to send it? From what I have been told by people on this forum, they don't respond to sponsor's CSEs, they only reply to applicant's CSEs. I had also read somewhere else that for applicant CSEs, it has to come in from an IP address in India - so you can't fill out a CSE on behalf of your spouse either.

As for contacting the MP, I don't know what the process is but I know fprince has done that.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
charmz said:
@ Fprince,

I was wondering if you also have tried going to the MP, any advise??
No due to the elections i am sure they would be busy..i sent a CSE like you and waiting.
..we have to wait and play the waiting game..for you and me we have no choice.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
avibis said:
That is the United States of America for you :eek:. You can connect through most countries without needing a transit visa, but for the US, you need one.

The second thing is, if you are thinking you can't go to India because you won't have your Passport back in time, you won't be able to go to the US either without your Passport. It is now mandatory for Canadians travelling to US to have a Passport, regardless if they travel by Air or Road.
He will have his passport back to go to india, he was worried abt the OCI sticker as it could take 6-8 weeks.
They usually return the passport back in 2 weeks after they run the checks.

DNT, don worry it will all be good..just hope you get your OCI soon, even if it is delayed by a week or so you will still have ample time to fly and bring your wife back.
You will enjoy going back to India and returning with her rather than comming through US when there are so many complications..
like the Spouse sponsorship..patience my friend :)

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
charmz said:
@ avibis,

Yup, I have sent them a min of 5 CSE but there has been no reply asof yet. Has anyone ever contacted the MP? If yes, I would like to understand the procedure.
Charmz,
I emailed my MP's office with my case details somewhere in March and the inquired about my case. It took them 2 weeks to do it, and all they got back was again a standard reply.
You can try it but since it is not more than 6 months in delhi, some offices will ask you to wait 6 months before they inquire,in my case they did it as i still didnt get any communication from ND and hence they said it was unusual and inquired about my case.
In your case even if you contact MP the reply you can expect is that they are in the final stages as they have your PP.
I hope your visa is issued this week, and i hope they clear a few backlogs from 2010.

charmz

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Passport Req..
10-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Phone interview: May 27,2011; Ecas Update: May 30,2011
Fprince,

I guess you are right coz 6 months would technically be may for me. I hope you and I both get some info, this is getting slightly fustrating... ::)

Avibis,

I think I might ask my spouse to send an email from there, but you have definetly raised a point for me to think that they might respond to an IP address from india.
Thanx for your advise though.

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2011 (Letter Recd: 20 Apr 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
5 May 2011 (Passport Recd: 11 May 2011)
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
fprince said:
Charmz,
I emailed my MP's office with my case details somewhere in March and the inquired about my case. It took them 2 weeks to do it, and all they got back was again a standard reply.
You can try it but since it is not more than 6 months in delhi, some offices will ask you to wait 6 months before they inquire,in my case they did it as i still didnt get any communication from ND and hence they said it was unusual and inquired about my case.
In your case even if you contact MP the reply you can expect is that they are in the final stages as they have your PP.
I hope your visa is issued this week, and i hope they clear a few backlogs from 2010.
@charmz, fprince is right...I miscalculated your file has been in ND for 6 months as I calculated from your application date. You should check with your MP only after the completion of 6 months in ND, which will be in a month from now. I really hope though that you get your passport back before that :)

coolananda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2-2011
File Transfer...
13-03-2011
Passport Req..
18-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2011
Hope

everyone gets visa sooooooooooooooon................... Fprince u r almost done ....... may be 20 25 day more to go to get ur passport stamped.........

u have completed 152 days ...........................

so may be by 180 days ...it should be okay ..........................

lama21

Jan 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
22-03-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2011
LANDED..........
01-06-2011
@Challenger...no worries jus few days more and I am sure by this week u will get it, also u knw rite..... ND always update e-cas later or aft few days...so who knws ur visa stamped is already on the way..... :) ;) !!

challenger485 said:
i dont know yaar...i m getting nervous as lots of people with my timeline as has got visa..its seriously depressing....I admire ur patience.
...I hope we all get visa soon..

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
To tell you more abt the MP office discussion over the phone :

She first told me "you have to wait 6 months before we can inquire on your behalf.."
by that time i had seen around 50 ppl on this forum get a visa within 2 months in Delhi..and i told her, No they get it in 3 months in delhi, something is wrong please inquire.
She did not believe me ( she has no reason to as she doesn't read this forum ) and she logged in to cic website and said " 6 months" so can you call after june if nothing is done..
then i convinced her saying...its has been 100 days in delhi and no letter, ppr etc and then she budged and said ok i will inquire..but she was confident that they need 6 months to make a move...i was helplessly listening to her talk about cic timeframes and how patience is the key blah blah blah...

the reason i share this is MP's office see so many inquires, and to them 3 months is a piece of cake..
she even told me some ppl have to wait 2 years so what is the rush? well we know the timeframe in ND...

Just sharing the info, if someone gets in touch with the MP's office & unless you have a "real" wait time according to ND standards it is useless...as in my case, got nothing out of it.

svinjam

Jan 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/15/2011
AOR Received.
3/22/2011
File Transfer...
3/14/2011
Med's Done....
2/5/2011
Interview........
Waived - Ecas said Decision Made on 4/23
Passport Req..
4/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
4/19/2011
LANDED..........
YAY - 5/28/2011
Thanks DNT, Gagan & everyone for the wishes - the dates are from April 2011 to Dec 2012 - it says one entry :(

And I am located at Hyderabad - good luck guys!

DNT2003 said:
wow that was very quick... where in India are you located?

Congrats once again for landing your hand on the PPT :) yes with the shiny sticker, what are the dates on the VISA it self?

DNT2003

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
svinjam said:
Thanks DNT, Gagan & everyone for the wishes - the dates are from April 2011 to Dec 2012 - it says one entry :(

The Visa is valid for 20 months? and no date? sorry, are you sure?
usually it expires when your medicals does...

April DD 2011 should be the issue date and there is only one field for expiry..can you check and let us know.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
Oh man that really sucks.... good to hear from you nylalisa... how are things going ?

What do you suggest... I do? any near by port I can meet her? so if she comes in via LONDON (UK) will she be fine?

DNT2003

nylalisa said:
DNT

if you are transitting through the US (connecting flights) you need a transit Visa for the US. Thats the reason my husband didntcome through there.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yeah unfortunately, I can go any countries just not INDIA because I must have a two months GAP between each visit. Hence I applied for OCI today.

I will get my ORIGINALS back from CGI-Toronto in about 15 days...

DNT2003

avibis said:
That is the United States of America for you :eek:. You can connect through most countries without needing a transit visa, but for the US, you need one.

The second thing is, if you are thinking you can't go to India because you won't have your Passport back in time, you won't be able to go to the US either without your Passport. It is now mandatory for Canadians travelling to US to have a Passport, regardless if they travel by Air or Road.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes definately I LOVE going to India, and best part is being entertained right in the middle of the air a flying restaurant. Anyways I was just thinking of US being an option, but not anymore, I don't want my wife to transit through US cuz of visa issue........

You are right patience is the key........ and who else knows better than you :) I hope good news are just in the pipe for you specially and the rest of us.

DNT2003

fprince said:
He will have his passport back to go to india, he was worried abt the OCI sticker as it could take 6-8 weeks.
They usually return the passport back in 2 weeks after they run the checks.

DNT, don worry it will all be good..just hope you get your OCI soon, even if it is delayed by a week or so you will still have ample time to fly and bring your wife back.
You will enjoy going back to India and returning with her rather than comming through US when there are so many complications..
like the Spouse sponsorship..patience my friend :)

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Doesn't matter about the one entry part, you will be a PR once you land, then its matter of few days before you get the PR card... and you will be free to fly out and in :) ... last time I remembered thats how it works.

DNT2003

svinjam said: