+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
DNT2003 said:
Maybe it is time I should go for it then, I've been waiting for this to happen, and I do make about 2 trips to US every year. I'm glad they've started doing this. Afterr I get my stuff back from the Indian Consulate I will go for it, they have my new passport.

Does it cost anything extra for this e-license? We can check everything and anything on the website, but I prefer feedbacks here :) Gives us all something to discuss. n read. and get our minds of ND, eCAS, CIC, CPC-M, etc...

DNT2003
Buddy nothing is free :)

Appointment Booking Available at Some Locations (Opens in New Window)

Required Information:

Book an Appointment and complete these forms: Citizenship Questionnaire, Entitlement To Travel Questionnaire and Copy of the Consent Form
More information (Opens in a new window)
Cost:

There is a $40 fee to cover the costs of the Enhanced Driver's Licence application. The $40 is payable at your appointment and is non-refundable.
Payment Options:

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit, Cash, Cheque, Money Order

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
Yes a correction, the AI is direct and not the Jet just missrepresentation of information in my mind, lol

Also even if AI is direct we still gotta reach New Delhi, and ND is about 1300KM from where we live, and Mumbai is 300KM, nearest local airport is about 100KM (BDQ - Vadodra) it is good option, tickets from ND to BDQ is about $55 indigo, and $80 Jet (not bad)

Jet also a has connection in LHR (London Heathrow)

DNT2003

fprince said:
There is no direct flight on Jet. It is via Brussels, Belgium where you interchange to a new flight.
Jet is good.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes bro, nothing is free :)

I still say $40 for the application fee is not that much when we compare to our single application fee for sponsorship 1040$ + we spend a lot of money preparing, pictures, printing documents, name it a lot of things.....

I bet you gotta make those appointments during business hours... I wonder why can't the government office have different hours of operations, so people won't have to take time off from work, etc. They should get Monday and Tuesday off, and work Sat and Sun.. haha

DNT2003

fprince said:
Buddy nothing is free :)

Appointment Booking Available at Some Locations (Opens in New Window)

Required Information:

Book an Appointment and complete these forms: Citizenship Questionnaire, Entitlement To Travel Questionnaire and Copy of the Consent Form
More information (Opens in a new window)
Cost:

There is a $40 fee to cover the costs of the Enhanced Driver's Licence application. The $40 is payable at your appointment and is non-refundable.
Payment Options:

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit, Cash, Cheque, Money Order

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
The Jet flight which comes to Toronto daily is from India is Dehi-Brussels-Toronto.
There is one from chennai-brussels-NY( or Newark) . There is one for Mumbai-Brussels-Newark ( or NY)

Not sure about the transfer from London, Jet does not fly from London-Toronto, maybe it is their alliance.

If transfer is an issue the only option is Air India. If transfer is not an issue you have multiple..BA,Jet, Lufthansa, Airfrance...they all have daily flights from India-Toronto.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Until I applied for the OCI I never read what it said on the Landing Paper IMM 1000, and it even lists the FLIGHT number we came in, and it was BA 093, from LHR to YYZ lands at 15:05 (3:05PM) Tuesday.

I became a PR on April 22 1997, so if we were to county weekly on this Tuesday (today) I complete 14 Years in Canada.

Happy 14 years to me....... wow time goes by so fast, and I still remember asking the air hostess "cocchoooo collaaa" I come from a village where at that time in 1997 there were no advancement, and I don't think any one during that time has even touched a empty coke can in our area / village. So my brother who speaks English says to me the air hostess is asking what you want to drink, so I go "choccchooo cooollla" and the air hostess gives me a cup, opens one can and gives me one extra can, 1 cup 2 cans (and the cans were "CUTE" the mini can, I never read, but I think they were the 150ML ones, but the coke was so strong that I never drank the second can. I felt like sharing this experience from 1997 :)

Also after we got out off the airport there were soooooo many people receiving us, and after we got to the building I think many people would know what "1440 Lawrence Ave West" means, at that time anyone comes to canada would LAND / reside only in that building, it was like the mini India, we used to play cops-and-robbers on the stairwells, play cricket during the summer, there would be elders sitting outside during the evening time... the atmosphere was great. even today when I drive by I actually drive through the building just to go back in memory... and its very refreshing... Also when I got on the elevator the first thing I noticed "is this actually moving or frozen" couldn't tell if the elevator was taking us up or was just frozen...

anyways gotta get back to working.. will share more... after :)

DNT2003

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
DNT2003 said:
Same here, I have never flew in AI, and I have heard good part about the f00d but not sure what you meant by service?

If service also means ALL OF THEIR FLIGHTS are DELAYED then yeah thats a huge service issue.

Back in Feb I flew with Turkish Airlines, I loved their service, it was great all the way, until we were waiting to depart from Istambul to Mumbai then the Turkish Airline was DELAYED because they had passengers from another AIR INDIA flight connecting to this particular TK Air, so Air India is so much delayed that they delay other flights too. The only reason I see is because many flight companies operate in partnershipt (alliance) where they connect each others passengers. And this was the case, so your TK flight is also called AI flight.

DNT2003

i agree...alliance members or partner airlines is a good thing but for AI...i have always learned bad things..

service means:
1) no courtesy to the customer
2) if u need water, and up to the kitchen to ask for water, staff raises their eye brows
3) if u r hugry and want little snack, passengers r told that we are out of snacks
4) no courtesy service of water/juice
5) food is so so....not a high quality end (i dont mean business class but economical class even)
6) some tv's work and some don't
7) washrooms are not clean

and the list goes on...

rest i guess depends on individual's personality how they rate the airline..

as i mentioned before that i havent personally flew with AI before but this is the experience i heard from family, family friends, and friends

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
fprince said:
The Jet flight which comes to Toronto daily is from India is Dehi-Brussels-Toronto.
There is one from chennai-brussels-NY( or Newark) . There is one for Mumbai-Brussels-Newark ( or NY)

Not sure about the transfer from London, Jet does not fly from London-Toronto, maybe it is their alliance.

If transfer is an issue the only option is Air India. If transfer is not an issue you have multiple..BA,Jet, Lufthansa, Airfrance...they all have daily flights from India-Toronto.

i guess Jet partners with Lufthansa and Air Canada so anyone coming in via London via Jet will take one of these flights....

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
DNT2003 said:
Until I applied for the OCI I never read what it said on the Landing Paper IMM 1000, and it even lists the FLIGHT number we came in, and it was BA 093, from LHR to YYZ lands at 15:05 (3:05PM) Tuesday.

I became a PR on April 22 1997, so if we were to county weekly on this Tuesday (today) I complete 14 Years in Canada.

Happy 14 years to me....... wow time goes by so fast, and I still remember asking the air hostess "cocchoooo collaaa" I come from a village where at that time in 1997 there were no advancement, and I don't think any one during that time has even touched a empty coke can in our area / village. So my brother who speaks English says to me the air hostess is asking what you want to drink, so I go "choccchooo cooollla" and the air hostess gives me a cup, opens one can and gives me one extra can, 1 cup 2 cans (and the cans were "CUTE" the mini can, I never read, but I think they were the 150ML ones, but the coke was so strong that I never drank the second can. I felt like sharing this experience from 1997 :)

Also after we got out off the airport there were soooooo many people receiving us, and after we got to the building I think many people would know what "1440 Lawrence Ave West" means, at that time anyone comes to canada would LAND / reside only in that building, it was like the mini India, we used to play cops-and-robbers on the stairwells, play cricket during the summer, there would be elders sitting outside during the evening time... the atmosphere was great. even today when I drive by I actually drive through the building just to go back in memory... and its very refreshing... Also when I got on the elevator the first thing I noticed "is this actually moving or frozen" couldn't tell if the elevator was taking us up or was just frozen...

anyways gotta get back to working.. will share more... after :)

DNT2003

that was an amazing memory piece of urs to share with us :)

i know how it feels when u land in the country and see changes...few of us still spend some time with "past memories" and wish if they can even share with someone....but seems like everyone is so busy that they all want to move forward...

nywayz....it was very nice to read the post....looking forward to hear more (if u share with us)...

good luck :)

deepiv

Star Member
Jan 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan.27/2011/ opened Feb.27/2011
Doc's Request.
Sent back, for misssing document
Nomination.....
FILE RECIEVED CPC-M MARCH.29/11
File Transfer...
APRIL.4/2011 RECIEVED ND-APRIL.11/2011
Med's Done....
15/12/2011
Passport Req..
April.18/11
VISA ISSUED...
Interview- approved. waiting for pp
Yesterday...,my husband got a call from NEW DELHI ....they basically did a phone interview....asked him alot of queztions....like when we met..our marriage...what job i do...how we co,mmunicate...who i live wit.. i hope he gets his PPR THEN STAMPED WITH A VISA
:D:D
has anyone else....applicant got a ccall from new delhi....basically doing a phone interview?

Vegan

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
14-03-2011
File Transfer...
04-03-2011
Interview........
04-05-2011
Passport Req..
22-03-2011
Question for those with interview requests.

Did you receive a letter in the mail?

B/c at this point we only see an update on ecas for an interview, there have been no other details regarding the interview and it is set for next week. Not sure what to do. My partner will have to make travel arrangements asap but not sure if he should or not and if he needs to bring a letter with him.

Any advise???

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
deepiv said:
Yesterday...,my husband got a call from NEW DELHI ....they basically did a phone interview....asked him alot of queztions....like when we met..our marriage...what job i do...how we co,mmunicate...who i live wit.. i hope he gets his PPR THEN STAMPED WITH A VISA
has anyone else....applicant got a ccall from new delhi....basically doing a phone interview?

@ deepiv

it's a good sign that chc nd called ur spouse and asked to verify the details...i have read on other forums that chc nd randomly call ppl and ask for the info...this for sure saved ur husband's lots of time

i am sure u will def. hear the good news soon :)

all the best and good luck :)

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
Vegan said:
Question for those with interview requests.

Did you receive a letter in the mail?

B/c at this point we only see an update on ecas for an interview, there have been no other details regarding the interview and it is set for next week. Not sure what to do. My partner will have to make travel arrangements asap but not sure if he should or not and if he needs to bring a letter with him.

Any advise???

vegan...

i have read that the applicant gets a written notification advising them about the location, time and date of the interview....in ur case.... ur partner's interview is next week....so i would suggest to take a print out/screen shot of the e-cas update and take it with you on the interview date....if asked @ the security check....present them with the proof...they will probably have the info that the person is coming for an interview....but this is a back up....just in case....

all the best and good luck :).....keep us posted.....

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
Never heard of interview before PPR. Did they tell anything regarding sending the passport to CHC-New Delhi and approving visa??

They should issue the visa now since they have got all the clarifications they were looking for.

Cheers

deepiv said:

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
@Vegan
I was thinking if it would be a good idea to call them to confirm the location and timing of the interview. You can explain to them that you have not received any letter from CHC-New Delhi but e-cas is showing the interview.

gagansingh said:
vegan...

i have read that the applicant gets a written notification advising them about the location, time and date of the interview....in ur case.... ur partner's interview is next week....so i would suggest to take a print out/screen shot of the e-cas update and take it with you on the interview date....if asked @ the security check....present them with the proof...they will probably have the info that the person is coming for an interview....but this is a back up....just in case....

all the best and good luck :).....keep us posted.....