+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Singh 11..
you are blatantly wrong,Shamsia is right and has lot of experience
go by the seniors observations

CanVan99

Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
shamsia said:
Hi there, firstly do not panic. I know it's easier said than done, but the visa process is not as daunting as it initially seems. Look at it as a project at work that needs to be successfully completed. And especially if you have a straightforward case (same religion, parental consent, long association, no criminal records, travel history) then you have less reason to worry. But yes, you do need loads of patience. Maybe if you could tell us a little more about your marriage, then we could help you more. :)

So about your interview. ND is not looking at the number of pictures/proof to consider it 'enough', but the quality of the proofs you send. If you send them over a 100 pictures of marriage but do not send them pictures of other successive occasions, then it is deemed as 'not enough' proof. The key here is to show the progression of your relationship. How the two of you are evolving and growing in the marriage which is dependent on the amount of time you spend with each other. So collect all the proof you can of your relationship. If the husband sends the wife money, be sure to include those receipts.

I would also suggest you to send these to ND as soon as possible. Because applicants over at the Pakistan thread do this all the time. If they find out that the VO thinks there's a possibility that the marriage isnt genuine, they send in as many proof as they can. And you know what, there have been instances where the interviews have been waived! So I advise you to send them all the proofs now in the hopes of getting your interview waived. Write a cover letter explaining that you are sending extra proof to assist the VO in making a positive decision on your case. But don't entirely bank on it and continue preparing for the interview!

As for the interview, prepare well for it and take as many proof as you can. If your marriage is genuine, then you have nothing to worry about. In many cases, if they are satisfied with the interview, they will ask for the passport right away, which means that the visa is almost in the bag.

Any help you need, I think this forum and thread is always available. So dont get depressed cos this is only a phase of life. This too shall pass :)

All the best!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Shamsia. Thank you so much for your help and your encouraging words. I sincerely appreciate it a lot.

I believe my case is a straight forward one. Its an arranged marriage. Both of us are from the same the same religion, caste and community. My spouse doesn't have any travel history. Both of us are well educated and working in good companies. We got married last April and applied in July 2011. Got my approval in September and my spouse passport was requested in November and sent in November too.

At that time, we did not send any email proofs or phone bill proofs but now as you have said, I will be sending them soon.

Thank you very much onceagain for your help.

CanVan99

Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
sunrise9 said:
Hi CanVan99,
Can you please tell us how many photographs did you sent with your application? Also, were your photos covered all the ceremonies and rituals you had?

Have they asked you for your passport?

Thanks for your help!
I dont remember the exact number of pics but I did send them many. It covered all the rituals and ceremonies.

Mar 17, 2012
Hi,
Can someone tell me whether common law applications are common in New Delhi office and whether they will be accepted as normal? Bcoz India is relatively new to this concept - they are used to marriages...just want to clarify the trend in applications and has anyone had success with applying Common law in delhi office?

Also, how abt the interview generally? Are people rude? Is it the Canadian reps who sit there or local agents?

thanks

Singh1212

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehi
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12,2011
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Dec 17,2011
Med's Done....
SEP 22,2011
Passport Req..
Feb 14,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM
LANDED..........
Hopfully in July
sivathegreat said:
Singh 11..
you are blatantly wrong,Shamsia is right and has lot of experience
go by the seniors observations
Hi Shamsia,,,

What do you think about about travel history??Pls explain me about travel history??

thanks

singh1212

comfortably numb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
9 march 2012
Singh1212 said:
what do you meant by travel history????I think if there is no any criminality ,,then there is no matter in travel history..By the way,my frind,i think in marriage case,,there is no matter in travel history,,what do guys think about it??just discuss on this topic.Even the applicant has illigle stay ,,have no good history,,then it does not matter ,,even he /she has not good status in the country where he/she reside,,just CIC want the No convicion,,My mean,No criminal record,in which he/she stayed.??????
.what you think guys???
singh saab, india ch PCC taan 10000 rs de ke bann jaandi aa !
baaki rahi travel di gall, suppose u go to thailand for a vacation and are arrested there for some misdemeanor.
u get out paying a fine or do a month in jail and come back to india.

how does ur pcc in india tell cic that u didnt do something wrong outside india ?
thats why travel history is important.

baaki rahi gall marriage di, punjab ch taan loki apniyaan bhaina naal vyah kar ke lai aunde ne.
lets not go there. im a punjabi and i know some cases like this.
cic needs to be thorough.

ull get good advice on this forum. no point arguing.
we are only telling u what we've seen.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Shamsia,

i m planning to file application ...but problem is all my documents is ready with address is my old address and i m shifting to new house...so i have two option send appilcation with present address or wait till i do changes in all address documents such as payslip,bank statement and other which will delay my process which i dont want.....so can you please give me advise if its ok to file with present adddres and later on i can inform CIC about my new home and give them all proof for the same.....please advise me on this and also let me know how can i communicate CIC on later stage about my change in address will it delay my process pls let me know and give me ur expertise advise on same

thanks
abhi

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
comfortably numb said:
SHAMSIA JI IS IN DEMAND !!!! ;D
LOL, go study balibali :D

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
sivathegreat said:
Hello Everyone,
Had been a very busy and my phone is out.
Could not call Ajy or Bali Bali..

My wife coming in another 24 hours....oooooohhhh!!
feeling nervous.!!!! (newly married one year ago..)

Good luck to every one!
Thanks
Siva
Woohoooo!! So happy for you siva :) :) Post pictures on fb please :D

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Congrats bro. Life's about to change for better. I can imagine how excited you two must be, u'll be counting the hours and checking the flight status over and over again :)

Very happy for you two. Things only get better and easier from here. Wish you two a very happy and prosperous life together. If you guys come up drop by and say hi to us in Edmonton

sivathegreat said:
Hello Everyone,
Had been a very busy and my phone is out.
Could not call Ajy or Bali Bali..

My wife coming in another 24 hours....oooooohhhh!!
feeling nervous.!!!! (newly married one year ago..)

Good luck to every one!
Thanks
Siva

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Singh1212 said:
what do you meant by travel history????I think if there is no any criminality ,,then there is no matter in travel history..By the way,my frind,i think in marriage case,,there is no matter in travel history,,what do guys think about it??just discuss on this topic.Even the applicant has illigle stay ,,have no good history,,then it does not matter ,,even he /she has not good status in the country where he/she reside,,just CIC want the No convicion,,My mean,No criminal record,in which he/she stayed.??????
.what you think guys???
Hello...

Look it's really simple. CIC asks for information and you provide it - honestly and truthfully. CIC asks for details of foreign travel and it's your job to provide them with that information. Failing to provide that leads to misrepresentation on your part and you can be banned for 2 years if they find out. And most likely they will. It's a secondary issue if the applicant had an illegal status, has no good history. All of that comes next. My question to you is why wouldnt you want to provide honest information to CIC?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
sumant said:
thanks shamsia for quick reply....
yaaa our marriage s genuine...infact love marriage whr my parents were against of it coz of caste difference...but i attached so many fb chats nd emails...phone bills for last 2 years....but our marriage was very simple nd small dat too without my parents...m worried coz dere s only single function of marriage...i hope ND can analyse our true relationship...
That's perfectly alright! I hope when you submitted your application, you explained to them how the marriage happened, how your parents did not approve...it's just that the norm for Indians is to have these elaborate weddings & the importance of having parents at them, but there is no hard and fast rule about it. And I also hope you included notarized letters from witnesses and friends at your wedding explaining the circumstances in which the wedding took place and the lack of parents. If you havent done that earlier, you can do it now. And don't worry at all, genuine cases like yours always get the visa, it's only a matter of when :)

All the best! :)

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
CanVan99 said:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Shamsia. Thank you so much for your help and your encouraging words. I sincerely appreciate it a lot.

I believe my case is a straight forward one. Its an arranged marriage. Both of us are from the same the same religion, caste and community. My spouse doesn't have any travel history. Both of us are well educated and working in good companies. We got married last April and applied in July 2011. Got my approval in September and my spouse passport was requested in November and sent in November too.

At that time, we did not send any email proofs or phone bill proofs but now as you have said, I will be sending them soon.

Thank you very much onceagain for your help.

You are most welcome. All the best!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
abhi292000 said:
Halo Shamsia,

i m planning to file application ...but problem is all my documents is ready with address is my old address and i m shifting to new house...so i have two option send appilcation with present address or wait till i do changes in all address documents such as payslip,bank statement and other which will delay my process which i dont want.....so can you please give me advise if its ok to file with present adddres and later on i can inform CIC about my new home and give them all proof for the same.....please advise me on this and also let me know how can i communicate CIC on later stage about my change in address will it delay my process pls let me know and give me ur expertise advise on same

thanks
abhi
Hi,

Yes you should go ahead and file your application with your old address. If you already have a new address you could use that on your application for ND to mail out stuff to you instead of changing it later. But if you dont, then once you get a file number, you can always write to ND informing you of your address change. But I strongly suggest that if you have your new address right now please use it to save yourself from the headache of changing your address later on. Hope this helps. Good luck.