+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

classyprince01

Jan 5, 2022
I would guess that they figured it out - esp if you elsewhere provided information on the wedding and photos that showed you were there, etc.

Also, I believe in most cases they would send a PFL (procedural fairness letter) saying that you seem to not be eligible because [reasons], do you care to respond?

BUT: for good order and just in case - it would still be a good idea to submit a webform explaining this was just a mistake [as shown elsehwere in the app.] You can also provide a corrected page from that form with the correct box ticked (initial and sign somehow).

Again, I'd guess they figured it out; they don't really have any interest in rejecting a file for reasons that are effectively just a typo. But of course wth computers, that box being ticked technically could put you in some rejection loop or flag since all not-physically-present marriages are not recognised by IRCC. (Note a rejection would still require someone to sign off - just might take longer for someone to fix, and possibly with more procedures)

You could and perhaps should order GCMS notes at this stage too to find out - but gcms notes orders seem to be very backed up so just submit the webform correction anyway. (GCMS notes will let you know if there are any other issues so why not?). If you already had them, you'd prehaps see if the married-physically not present was flagged as an issue.

Again, if you had all the evidence of marriage anyway, probably not an issue. So relax. But still probably worth fixing.

Good luck.
Thanks for the detailed response and explanation. And from what I understand, a request for medicals usually suggests there is no problem with the application forms but anything can happen and an officer can go over it at any point in the application process. I'll send a webform

Reactions: Middlesbourne

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the detailed response and explanation. And from what I understand, a request for medicals usually suggests there is no problem with the application forms but anything can happen and an officer can go over it at any point in the application process. I'll send a webform
I would not say medicals means that - it seems to mean nothing missing from the application package and will not be returned, not that there is 'nothing wrong.'

Or looked at differently, there is nothing wrong with the forms. Just that this type of marriage is not recognized and it will be refused. (Hopefully in your case they will see it was just a typo really and not refused because other evidence shows the truth )

Other not recognized marriages would also be refused later in process.

Middlesbourne

Sep 23, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
Nomination.....
June 2019
AOR Received.
05 Feb 2020
Med's Done....
Dec 2021
Passport Req..
Dec 2021
Just relax..if they've got issue with your file,the officer in charge will write to you.

shebay

Oct 26, 2021
Congratulations! Are you a May applicant? Please share your timeline
Application Received May 27 2021.
Application processing started August 9 2021.
Already had my Biometrics since 2018 so I skipped that stage.
Medical Request on Oct 25 2021.
Medical Passed Nov 18.
Pre-arrival mail : Jan 25 2022

Reactions: Penny.a

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hello guys ; please can someone explain the whole process of passport submission to VAC in Nigeria .
SUBMITTING OF PASSPORTS TO VFS

NOTE THAT YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS TO ANY VFS OF YOUR CHOICE WORLDWIDE (as long as your ppr letter does not specify), AND STILL GET YOUR COPR.

In fact, most VFS offices outside of Africa are a lot faster than that of Lagos, Abuja, Accra, and you can contact them directly for their process.

However, we have detailed the steps for VFS Lagos, Abuja, Accra, below should you decide to submit through them:

Gather all documents required by IRCC and VFS:

1. International Passport (for PA and all accompanying spouse/dependents)

2. 2 Passport Photographs(PA/spouse and dependents)

in IRCC fomat , 1 passport should be stamped at the back with date and signature of the photo studio, then you write your name and date of birth too. The other passport should be plain at the back i.e not stamped.

3. Passport Request Letter
This should be printed and stapled together

4. Height and Eye Colour Chart
This comes with the ppr letter too,fill this for PA and every accompanying spouse/ dependent

5. IMM008 (ONLY) for those with a change in family composition . If no change you can ignore or write a brief letter to confirm no change in family composition.

6. 2 CVAC form (according to your Biometrics receipt , if you have one biometric receipt with names of all family member, fill just 2 as the PA, if the biometrics receipt was given separately for each family member,then 2 CVAC form for each member)Fill the applicable pages .
Ensure number and email will be that of the PA.

7. 2 photocopy of every family member’s International Passport.

8. Biometrics Slip to avoid paying for transmission fees. It can only be used for the vfs office you did your biometrics, if not you have to pay applicable fees below
the biometrics slip and the passport that was originally attached to it should be attached to the CVAC forms

9. Proof of Transmission fee payment (N7,430 per person).

Make payment to:
Account name: Canadian Logistics Collection Account
Bank: Sterling bank
Account: Number:0065165839

Transmission fee will only be paid if you are sending passports to another vfs office other than that you did your biometrics also for children not added for biometrics originally.
Payment can be done by transfer or in person bank payment (just ensure you have proof of payment attached)
Bulk sum payment Advised

Put all documents in one envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a 2 way courier (return)
to:
LAGOS:
VFS Global, Canada Visa Application Centre - Lagos
The Manor,
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria

FOR ABUJA :

VFS Global, Canada Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza
3rd Floor, Plot 1083
Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District,
Abuja, Nigeria.
Nigeria

Track your delivery via dhl to vfs with the waybill number:
When vfs receives your passports they will contact you, via mail or number and issue you another tracking number to track when it will be sent/arrive to and From IRCC..

Submitting passport(s) to Accra VFS

SAME DOCUMENTS AS ABOVE WITH AN EXTRA.

7. Payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 331 to (GHC378, applicable 1st of Nov, 2020) paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 2 below)

Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Baptist Convention House,
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,

Info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com
+233 50 129 5270

VFS Global Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744
Address;
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)

Payment can be made through any family or resident in Ghana but if you don't have anybody there, walk into any Ecobank in Nigeria and tell them you want to make payment into an Ecobank Ghana account. You will have to go with the USD equivalent of the amount and there are charges.

Read carefully please.

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
SUBMITTING OF PASSPORTS TO VFS

NOTE THAT YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS TO ANY VFS OF YOUR CHOICE WORLDWIDE (as long as your ppr letter does not specify), AND STILL GET YOUR COPR.

In fact, most VFS offices outside of Africa are a lot faster than that of Lagos, Abuja, Accra, and you can contact them directly for their process.

However, we have detailed the steps for VFS Lagos, Abuja, Accra, below should you decide to submit through them:

Gather all documents required by IRCC and VFS:

1. International Passport (for PA and all accompanying spouse/dependents)

2. 2 Passport Photographs(PA/spouse and dependents)

in IRCC fomat , 1 passport should be stamped at the back with date and signature of the photo studio, then you write your name and date of birth too. The other passport should be plain at the back i.e not stamped.

3. Passport Request Letter
This should be printed and stapled together

4. Height and Eye Colour Chart
This comes with the ppr letter too,fill this for PA and every accompanying spouse/ dependent

5. IMM008 (ONLY) for those with a change in family composition . If no change you can ignore or write a brief letter to confirm no change in family composition.

6. 2 CVAC form (according to your Biometrics receipt , if you have one biometric receipt with names of all family member, fill just 2 as the PA, if the biometrics receipt was given separately for each family member,then 2 CVAC form for each member)Fill the applicable pages .
Ensure number and email will be that of the PA.

7. 2 photocopy of every family member’s International Passport.

8. Biometrics Slip to avoid paying for transmission fees. It can only be used for the vfs office you did your biometrics, if not you have to pay applicable fees below
the biometrics slip and the passport that was originally attached to it should be attached to the CVAC forms

9. Proof of Transmission fee payment (N7,430 per person).

Make payment to:
Account name: Canadian Logistics Collection Account
Bank: Sterling bank
Account: Number:0065165839

Transmission fee will only be paid if you are sending passports to another vfs office other than that you did your biometrics also for children not added for biometrics originally.
Payment can be done by transfer or in person bank payment (just ensure you have proof of payment attached)
Bulk sum payment Advised

Put all documents in one envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a 2 way courier (return)
to:
LAGOS:
VFS Global, Canada Visa Application Centre - Lagos
The Manor,
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria

FOR ABUJA :

VFS Global, Canada Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza
3rd Floor, Plot 1083
Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District,
Abuja, Nigeria.
Nigeria

Track your delivery via dhl to vfs with the waybill number:
When vfs receives your passports they will contact you, via mail or number and issue you another tracking number to track when it will be sent/arrive to and From IRCC..

Submitting passport(s) to Accra VFS

SAME DOCUMENTS AS ABOVE WITH AN EXTRA.

7. Payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 331 to (GHC378, applicable 1st of Nov, 2020) paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 2 below)

Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Baptist Convention House,
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,

Info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com
+233 50 129 5270

VFS Global Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744
Address;
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)

Payment can be made through any family or resident in Ghana but if you don't have anybody there, walk into any Ecobank in Nigeria and tell them you want to make payment into an Ecobank Ghana account. You will have to go with the USD equivalent of the amount and there are charges.

Read carefully please.
I copied it from another forum. It was posted 6 months ago.

Reactions: Kimberly03

Daddywayne_42

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hi,
I got this email from the Accra VO, any idea of what this means? And timeline expectations from your experience? Thanks. Feb 2021 Outland sponsorship application:

Dear (PA Name),
Please be advised that your application is currently with an officer to finalize. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration (JO)

High Commission of Canada in Ghana| Haut commissariat du Canada au Ghana

P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Got this same email from AO on the 2nd November 2021 and ever since have not heard any news from them again and am still yet to do medicals buh b4 this same email I was asked to take my son in for his fingerprint at their office somewhere around Lekki .
This wasn't my first application though , the first one was denied in 2020 and my wife (Canadian) decided to put through another sponsorship application in 2021 and here we are still waiting after submitting a Police Cert from Nigeria and South Africa which are the two countries had lived b4 .